Discovery Gaming Community
Issues staying connecteed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Issues staying connecteed (/showthread.php?tid=168639)

Issues staying connecteed - Gunbladelad - 03-12-2019

Over the past week or two, my game's been unable to stay connected at all for some reason, regardless of account.

It'll connect me fine for about 10-15 seconds initially to begin with - then disconnect me and I'm unable to reconnect with any ship on that account after that. It's been an issue since attempting to move funds to a new character in order to get it set up.

RE: Issues staying connecteed - Gunbladelad - 03-14-2019

No suggestions or help from anyone...?

Essentially it'll connect me just fine starting out - then it's as if I get disconnected by the server immediately, but the client doesn't see it until 10-15 seconds later. My connection is perfectly fine, no other software or games have any issue with connecting and staying connected - it's just Discovery - and only since I tried transferring funds to a new character.

RE: Issues staying connecteed - St.Denis - 03-14-2019

Do you have more than one Account?

If yes, does this happen to all Accounts?

If no, start a new Account and see if you still have the problem.

If the problem only happens on one Account, then post in the Banned Accounts Thread which can be found under the “Player Help “ Tab at the top of any page.

RE: Issues staying connecteed - Rogue - 03-14-2019

@St.Denis

(03-12-2019, 04:56 PM)Gunbladelad Wrote: Over the past week or two, my game's been unable to stay connected at all for some reason, regardless of account.

@Gunbladelad

It does sound like a problem a GM should look into. Try get in contact with one. I doubt a reinstall will do the trick, as gamefiles don't get changed after attempting to move funds. But maybe it's worth a shot, as it only takes 5 - 10 minutes.

I assume you have not edited any gamefiles or tried installing packs in around the appearance of the problem?

RE: Issues staying connecteed - Gunbladelad - 03-14-2019

The only thing I can think of is that I had Freelancer Companion running around the time of creating the new character as I was wanting to double-check the selling locations of the ship I was planning on setting that character up in. It hasn't been run since. I haven't even installed sound packs (I used to love using the Metroid Prime sound pack back in 4.85 and 4.86, until the mod started going for their own custom installer and folder)

RE: Issues staying connecteed - Gunbladelad - 03-27-2019

A wee bump here to see if there's anything.

Character names affected include JSS-Punblade, Sil'fer and JSS-Lagblade

RE: Issues staying connecteed - Kaze - 03-27-2019

Will poke the GM's on your behalf.

<3

RE: Issues staying connecteed - Gunbladelad - 03-27-2019

thanks