Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms (/showthread.php?tid=168762)

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - KageTenshi - 06-25-2020

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Subverter.Kage.Tenshi.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 147a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10s.png][Image: 23s.png][Image: 30s.png][Image: 40s.png]

Greetings,

I will be reporting the outcome of a trade convoy beginning from Malta and ending in Buffalo. I believe the following report should suffice for the promotion criteria Entrepreneurship. Earlier today, as reported by Fixer Glass, me alongside him and Konrad von Glöda ran the first part of the trade route, as per his criteria. After that, we grouped up once again, this time both me and Glass carrying Cardamine back to Buffalo. Our route back home was relatively peaceful, up until 2 Corse ships stopped us. I managed to talk my way through them, and manage to pass by their little blockade unharmed. Just a few jumps away, Konrad, being our scout, came across a vessel that was identified later on as a hostile, as he opened fire. Unfortunately the way home through Baffin could not be taken due to the hostile ship's presence, but I lead Glass through Leeds, and then to Magellan, from where we jumped to California and proceeded normally towards Pennsylvania, and finally, New York. I set up a rendezvous point in the Pennsylvania jumphole, so Konrad could catch up to us and proceed to scout ahead in Pennsylvania and then New York. We reached Buffalo safely and dropped the Cardamine at the station, giving an end to our journey.

That is all, Subverter Tenshi out.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

2 Deadliness - Glass - 06-25-2020

...Fixer.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Deadliness

Today becomes more and more fortuitous by the minute. I had a chance encounter with a blip on my scanners, a battle between an Outcast and an officer of Liberty's finest. By the time I had arrived to render assistance, the officer was dispatched. But a straggler remained, an LSF bomber. The Outcast kindly offered me the fight and despite the cowardice of the pilot, now residing on Buffalo, the military hardware was made into dust. That's one less Upholder for us to deal with.

This complements another kill I had made earlier, by a strange Rheinlander, murdering Rogues, invading the badlands. They too earned swift death for their intrusion. In each case, they had severely underestimated the importance of manoeuvrability, and the capability of our proprietary adjusted border-world series Scimitars. I'll have to pay some tribute to our engineers in return. I had also managed to disrupt the business of a Deep Space Engineering ship in Manchester during other business, but that was less exciting, admittedly. Did you know that reinforced alloys burn gold?

\\:[] []

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - Konrad von Glöda - 06-25-2020

...Initiate.Konrad.von.Glöda.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 158a.png][Image: 1.png]
Reconnaissance
As Ms Tenshi and Mr Glass have already reported on I was their protection and scout for their convoy the first trip was routine, but the trip back to liberty was much more momentous,
firstly I ran into 2 Corse ships I tried to warn the convoy but the vessels were on top of us Ms Tenshi talked herself and the convoy out of harm's way it was then uneventful until we tried to use the Baffin corridor where we got intercepted by a sabre very heavy fighter this time my warning came in time and Ms Tenshi got away unscathed Mr Glass had a few issues with the trade lanes computer mostly because they were so archaic,

Ms Tenshi wanted to return to help Mr Glass but I advised otherwise and Mr glass was away safe and sound leaving me with this unknown contact all my sensors were able to pick up was the callsign, Cipriano Adimari his transponder was completely alien as well as some of his equipment, once Mr Glass was clear and out of scanner range this vessel assaulted me forcing my hand to activate my offensive systems I was unable to finish off the vessel but it was bearly space worthy by the time that I broke off to reconvene with the convoy knowing that this threat was no longer an issue.
I have attached my data that I got from the unknown ship

Database

Enlightenment: Predictive Risk Isolation - Glass - 07-10-2020

...uploading.data...

CLASSIFIED: Report on Predictive Risk Isolation

Introduction

Over the years, a consistent thorn in our side has been the interference and time-consumption of the Bounty Hunters Guild. What renders these fopdoodles particularly irritating is that many of their ilk come from within the rank and file of the unlawful denizens of Liberty and Sirius at large. As a result, they are oft privy to information concerning routes, jumpholes, watering holes, fences, and bases. A not inconsiderable amount of time and effort on our part goes into arranging and rotating new dead drops, exchanges, routes, and entertainment venues. In light of the risk imposed and the work incurred, an initiative was established to reduce the leakage of information to the bunters and reduce this burden, whereby we would prevent those dwelling within the underbelly from crawling out to whatever heinous anatomy refers to the back-stabbing traitorous paste-gobblers that are the bounty hunters.

Profiling

The first and most important part of the process is analysis and detection of members or clients portraying increased risk of betrayal. Through profiling, behavioural and pattern recognition, we assess the risk of all outer circle members, clients of our data, and where possible, the members of other organisations within our reach. Few, if any members of the inner circle have been stupid enough to attempt to defect, reflective of the intelligence and thoughtfulness of our group to recognise that such an action would put them into an intolerable position. The only devised scenario for such a circumstance would be when an associate is left with no other choice, and so tolerable alternatives must be made for transgressors. Needless to detail, such an abandonment of the Lane Hackers would result in the loss or severe scrutiny of access to cardamine, the usual pleasures of membership, technology, information, and would render them a target of the highest priority. It would be a condemnation to solitude, disconnected from lawful and other groups alike. While members of the outer circle of the Lane Hackers comprise few of the traitors, they are under the greatest surreptitious scrutiny, in consideration of their access to our technology and information. Wingmen of the Liberty Rogues, and other groups known for infighting, turbulence and dissatisfaction are a greater risk for attempted departure, though a lower relative hazard than those from within our organization.

Pattern Analysis

Demographic predictors aside, data are gathered from three key types of metadata through the network and all of our available infrastructure. These include that of communication logs, target interception information, and ship logs. Marks have been shown to tend towards sudden changes in communication patterns, including increased adherence to security protocols, decreased engagement with routine contacts, and repeated, predictable, or excessive contact with unidentified contacts. There have been instances where our network has detected obvious and unencrypted contact of a non-derogatory nature with authorities, and public bounties for the summary execution of such space-for-brains have been quickly issued and easily completed. Suspect clients also tend to access fewer packets of target acquisition data concerning trade convoys, and pay greater time and attention to identified patrol routes of authorities, potentially to arrange a protective custody. Finally, ship logs can show unusual instances of rookie pilots who would normally only fly with a wing venturing out for extended periods alone, or to unusual locations. Scout wings, especially sensor ships, always fly with a complement, and are the only wings that routinely explore poorly charted areas. Rookie ships returning alone from combat with more experienced pilots are flagged for further monitoring and decreased clearance as they may have been susceptible to being made an enemy asset.

Intervention

In the event that a mark is identified from the data, they are indicated for further scrutiny and active engagement, undertaken through a variety of measures. One of the simplest ways is to contact them anonymously, with idyllic claims of opportunities for their escape and security. A systematic approach is utilized to differentiate the depth of their damnation, determining how far they will go to undermine and betray us. This method is customised according to the attending agent. Often a neutral option is first offered, freedom and anonymity in the lawful sector or on a Zoner installation in the edgeworlds, then demands are increased, for information, for backstabbing, for resources, technology, and so on. How far these reprobates will go to back-stab their own will determine with how they are dealt. Minor infractions and uncertain fools may simply be reconditioned, released to their owner under close watch. Others may simply be put to death, or sold to the fields of Malta. Valuable assets may be considered for mania-reconditioning. Anonymous network contact is not always sufficient, and so at times more complicated ruses must be improvised to ensure that the mark is not alerted to the deception. Meetings in space can be arranged, transfers to allied vessels masquerading as complicit traffickers, whatever is necessary and practical to maintain security. In the event that scoundrels slip through the net, bounties are issued, and assassins dispatched. Public bounties are extremely useful as any party willing to contain this leak, freelancers or the LPI themselves, must be encouraged. It is often possible to provide an anonymized bounty, issued through a third party, which will result in the death of a target by the guild themselves, as the defection and subsequent recruitment is not always internally publicised. In tandem or separately, information, evidence, and slander can be leaked to render the idea of harboring the traitor unacceptable, and their death morally warranted, for those so inclined.

Conclusion

Using these methods of profiling, data analysis, testing and preventative or retrospective intervention, loss of information and pilots to the Bounty Hunters Guild has been impeded. The maintenance of information and technological security is of utmost importance to preserving the superiority of the inner circle and the Lane Hackers at large. This initiative is of course, classified, accessible only to select members of the inner circle who have proven themselves undoubtedly loyal. Any person devious or mischievous sufficient to imagine such a measure is, we intend, driven to such paranoia that their hopes of an 'escape' are made futile. It is however doubted that this is possible, given the intellectual capacity of those who contemplate such an action. Existence of the program should be denied, and those inquiring designated for recruitment assessment and monitoring.

Diplomacy - Glass - 07-13-2020

...uploading.data...

Diplomacy

At the request of Professor Yoshida I had brokered a deal with a faction of the Bundschuh, Die Weiße Rose. We will now be able to use their bases on ventures into Rheinland, and them ours. We will provide them any information of interest to them, likely to regard primarily the imperialist-federalist conflict, and they will provide information of interest to us, hopefully detailing valuable targets within the Unioners.

A formal treaty and a diplomatic channel have been established to maintain our new relationship. Thankfully, we are able to look past our previous disagreements with far less sensible sections of the Bundschuh. Now, for the effort I have invested into these niceties, I believe I will help myself to the rewards.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - Andross - 07-31-2020

...Operative.Andross.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 161a.png][Image: 2.png]

This is Andross, reporting in.. There seems to be an issue with the gun cam captures previously taken, as the cameras were malfunctioning and only gather part of the footage needed for evidence.. This should clear things up and be further proof I have accomplished the requirements for Determination.

This is Andross, signing off!

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - Mr.Ling - 09-13-2020

...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Well, this is long overdue, but a trip this intensive takes a lot of time. It has been about 4 months since I last checked in, but hopefully I have some useful things for you all.

CLASSIFIED: Report on Kusari/Gallia War

Basic Analysis

On or around the twenty seventh of June this year, Kusari entered into war with Gallia. The intent, as stated, was to ensure stability in the Taus and persecution of the war-criminals of the old government through the destruction of the weaponry used in the Gallic war that crippled Bretonia, and "actions" to ensure that the nation of Gallia never becomes a threat to Kusari. To that end, they blazed a path through the Tau systems and initiated a surprise attack on Gallia, striking quickly and ruthlessly, and establishing a sizable foothold in Lorraine and Languedoc.

Damage Report: Lorraine

After a quick travel through Chrysanthemum space, with no incidents, I began my first flight through uncharted territories. Jamming my ships USI allowed me access to the Jump Gates, civilian and corporate in specific, but put automated defense systems on the fritz. I do think that if we had more access to blue packs to reverse engineer, we could get through restricted Lanes and Gates, but that is a topic for a later date. From the lanes that I took, it appears as if Lorraine has fallen completely. [X] [X] The lanes and gates all flashed Naval Forces Identification. While the storage platform pictured was virtually unharmed, the station with drydocks was damaged severely. It really does seem as if Kusari is specifically attacking war-capable production facilities. The few patrols I saw while keeping my head down let trading ships pass, but engaged Gallic Defense Forces. Given that I was in unfamiliar space, I simply made my way from the Tau 53 Jump gate to the Burgandy Jump Gate. I did not scout the area down the Chateau Salins Station trade lanes. I have left the south-west quadrant uncharted for now,

Damage Report: Burgandy

Arriving out of the Gate in Burgandy, the Kusari Fleet is visible. They currently hold what appears to be a stalemate above the Planet Nevers, and as such simply lob artillery at each other. I encountered an Outcast in that space, one of Loyola's Guard if I recall correctly, however most of my flight logs were corrupted due to a later event, and I cannot display them at this time. The Gendarmerie hold the trade lane to the Lorraine Jump Gate [X], but several crippled ships lie in the orbit of the planet [X]. Travel from there on is relatively uneventful.

Eventful Ile-de-France

I did say "relatively uneventful". There was still something interesting in Ile de France, and that was this modular base above Planet New Paris. It did not recognize my IFF, and did not trigger automated defense systems upon picking up my jammed USI [X]. The automated control actually cleared my landing, and I had a brief respite aboard the landing pad. However, upon launch, I was intercepted by a cruiser patrol outside who did recognize my IFF. While I did escape, my electrical systems suffered damage from pulse weaponry, and many of my flight logs and some important data was destroyed.

Damage Report: Dauphine

More damage, and this time only one lane away from Ile de France. Kusari is basically knocking on Gallia's door here. Another crippled Gallic battleship outside the wreckage of a station [X], and the Kusari Battleship Nagasaki is visible from the trade lane [X]. Once again, I took a simple path, and did not explore the north-east quadrant of Burgandy. I had enough troubles on my plate with the Naval Forces giving my damaged ship a sideways eye.

Damage Report: Languedoc

About the same as Lorraine. Station wreckage, crippled and destroyed ships, and Kusari control over the transportation network [X][X]. I did not explore Planet Quillian, but I did travel the lane and mark it on my map. After that, I traveled down the Kusari-controlled lane to the Tau 23 Jump Gate, and ended back in friendlier skies. I followed an Outcast patrol to Malta, who helped me to fix my ship and recover any salvageable information. After that, I went back through Kusari to Leiden because I needed a nap and cardamine.

Theory

Now, I'm no military analysis expert, but I do have a hunch: The reason that Kusari was able to take so much in such a short time was because they attacked too fast for Gallia to shut down their transportation network. A surprise like this would easily see fighter wings, gunboat patrols, and even the cruiser squadrons abuse it to quickly force themselves forward. In an effort to defend civilian health and welfare, the lanes are still active. The only thing really stopping Kusari from simply taking a ride down to New Paris is the might of the Gallic Military, and Kusari might have enough strength to push through that. A quick blitz like this was an indefensible position for Gallia, but now that the element of surprise is gone, both sides must settle in for a long haul. The destroyed platforms are all either capable of harboring warships or capable of manufacturing them, which lends credit to Kusari's claim of only striking at the military force. However, in the end, it really isn't my issue. The professors are the one's who'd like this information.

In other news, I have made my appearance on Radio Free Liberty, and as per a recent discussion, I do believe this qualifies for the Enlightenment Criteria.

Also, just today, I met a pilot of a ship named Sabes. I intend to keep said pilot as an informant of sorts. Not only was this freelancer willing to not shoot at me despite the circumstances in which we met, he also gave me a trinket of great importance that I would like to see transferred to one of our vaults for further analysis or something. I feel as though they could be an ally in the future. While I would like this to count towards Subterfuge, I do not know where freelancers really fall on the list of "Friendly, Neutral, and Hostile factions". Feedback would be appreciated on this subject.

That is all for today. Mr. Ling out.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - KageTenshi - 10-14-2020

...Subverter.Kage.Tenshi.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 147a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10s.png][Image: 23s.png][Image: 30s.png][Image: 40s.png]

Greetings,

I'll have to admit I didn't expect that much action when I decided to go out for a stroll a few days ago, haven't seen New York -that- crowded in a while. Came across an Atlantis and a ship belonging to the USI Security department - to my surprise, neither of the two seemed like they'd jump on me. There was also a Bounty Hunter with them, who would soon become a target. I called him out for being rather silent, must've taken it too personally.

After a few minutes worth of 'dancing', Hitman-63 was taken down by me. A few moments after that the Atlantis and the USI left the area as I was greeted by an LSF Agent. With not much talking involved I realized the Agent had a strong desire for a Tango with me, which I could hardly refuse. I'll have to admit that this wasn't an easy opponent to take down, but I managed it regardless after a long engagement.

At this point it's notable to mention that during the Agent's last moments in combat another Navy ship came around, pilot named James Creed on his personal fighter. Mister Creed seemed to be rather trigger happy and would totally have engaged on me if the Agent didn't fall right at the moment he arrived. At this point I was missing a couple worth of my ammunition along with combat-repairs from the last two fights, but I was up to the challenge - it seems however Mister Creed wasn't. The moment he saw that the Agent who was there failed to impress me in that dance his attitude completely changed. To be more precise, he was more eager to cloak and try to cruise away than fight me and would let his ship completely still if I was to ever shoot at him - a very cowardly move.

I later on figured out that this man was the Fleet Admiral of this -apparently- new Navy establishment, the '46th Strike Force'. A complete joke of an Admiral to say the very least. After this specific meeting of mine I can assure you the 46th is another attempt in milking a long-dead cow and should not be taken with any seriousness.

After roughly 20 or so minutes, and after the Admiral's assumed backup had arrived in the area he decided to take me on. I have to admit I was very impressed at how he managed to survive more than a minute with me, as he ended up mining himself to death about 3 minutes into our fight.

I was then left with the Admiral's 'backup', Operative Phoenix of the First Fleet's ESRD, a rather more serious-looking individual. With only one cruise disruptor left, about half my ammunition on mines and my combat repairs almost filled out from idiotic drones attacking me I decided I'd take on the challenge of having a dance with Operative Phoenix too. I managed to get him down to an impressively low hull integrity after draining all his combat repairs, but I was unfortunately shot down. Fourth time's the charm, I guess.

On to the second part of my report, I took another stroll around New York yesterday and came across another pilot of the 46th. I can't say I was surprised by the way they acted, running away at the first change they got as well as being a complete joke to speak with - but eventually I did manage to convince him to a dance. After he had a full squad of drones protecting him, that is. I engaged him with an Interdictor and two Defiant drones on me, just to make sure he felt safe enough. He managed to last about 6 minutes before being shot down by me, definitely a more impressive time than his own Admiral.

I believe the above take-downs should suffice for the Deadliness criteria.

That will be all for today, Subverter Tenshi out.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - Medrano. - 10-22-2020

...Initiate.Medrano.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 162a.png][Image: 1.png]

Greetings

I am pleased to report a successful extortion of a Universal Shipping Incorporated [*USI*] vessel, however i cannot take full credit as i had complete support from one of our own. Time was as always of the essence and being in the New York system i found myself in range of the LPI and the 5th| throughout.

I believe the extortion showed great Influence which in term will work towards my promotion criteria of gaining the rank of Operative.

Medrano out

RE: The Lane Hackers | Internal Comms - Hera Black - 10-24-2020

...Initiate.Hera.Black.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 164c.png][Image: 1.png]

Greetings,

Today, while I was looking for targets of opportunity around Manhattan, I've encountered two Outcast capital vessels, the MNS-Providence, and the MNS-San Marino. Curiously enough, he was attacked by a single Sabre. ... Yep, this was about as effective of an attack as you all would expect. I've told the outcasts I would handle it, and that I did. I will admit, he wasn't much of a fight, by the time he noticed me, he was in his escape pod. My scanners however, had a hard time IDing him for some reason. I'll check that out in the next port.

As pathetically easy this kill was, it might be enough that it counts in my Determination, and with my examinations completed, I should meet the criteria for the rank of Operative