Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate (/showthread.php?tid=168927)

To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - Brutus Clay - 03-20-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Brutus.Clay.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: kTjMZIp.png][Image: 6.png]
[Image: 10.png][Image: 24.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 40.png]

Esteemed protectors of Kusari,

I am Brutus Clay, Professor of the Lane Hackers.
I will not waste your time with the habitual civilities: suffice to say it is good to be in contact with the Hogosha again.
It has come to my attention, through rumors originating from one of our affiliates on Leiden, that you have decided to diversify your portfolio of profitable activities to include racing, namely in Tottori.

To put it simply and rather bluntly, I am interested.
I would appreciate if you could confirm these rumors, as well as provide me with the rules surrounding such an event, especially regarding the kinds of ships that would be allowed to compete.

I shall leave this channel open to any other Lane Hacker willing to take part.

I eagerly await your answer.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - dr lameos - 03-21-2019

Transmission channel response

Hajimemashite Mr Clay,

You are correct, the syndicate has been formed to formalise racing on the historic Suzuka course in Tottori, and to operate it as a business.

This jewel of a course has been waymarked from the Kyushu jump hole, and is a sprint course with a separate start and finish line. The course itself passes through asteroids and mines and as such requires lot of skill and bravery. The calendar of events is yet to be confirmed, but the first event is provisionally scheduled to be around 2nd-4th of Month 3.

Rules:
  • Any fighter-class vessel is permitted to compete.
  • Any faction is permitted to compete, including hostile factions provided they do not show their hostilities prior to or following the race.
  • An event may be a single race or a series of races dependent on the levels of interest and audience at that time.
  • Cruise disruptors, countermeasures, mines, guns and contact are permitted throughout the course.
  • Entry to the event is at the competitors' own risk
  • If your vessel is heavily damaged, the Suzuka station has facilities to perform repairs between races. This requires docking authorisation and applicable fees.
  • Access to the course is not permitted outside of the event without the authorisation of a HRS representative
  • The winner of the event is awarded 50,000,000 credits

I hope this answers your queries and please feel free to disseminate this information throughout your network.

Yoshihiro Nakamura
Director

Transmission complete, channel open

RE: To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - Brutus Clay - 03-21-2019

...uploading.data...

Mr Nakamura,

I thank you for your swift response. Our technicians are currently in the process of refitting a Light Fighter (callsign: LH~Redshift) for racing purposes and will be done in time for the first race.

Now, there is one particular rule that has caught my attention: the one regarding access to the race track.
Allow me to be frank. I like to know what to expect, Mr Nakamura, and I would therefore like to have access to the track beforehand. As it so happens, I would also be willing to participate in the organization of these races, be in in terms of a reasonable monetary contribution or by delivering certain supplies.

The way I see it, Mr Nakamura, these two conditions are interlinked. In fact, you could say one depends on the other.
Do you catch my drift?

RE: To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - dr lameos - 03-21-2019

Mr Clay,

Of course I understand, we are experts in the skill of drifting, and money talks.
However, on our part it is vital for our stakeholders that a Kusari pilot wins the inaugural event, and by restricting track access this provides some home advantage and an incentive to join the HRS.

That said, we are open to investment and organizational support and so i will offer these terms:
The aforementioned vessel LH~Redshift may have access to the circuit prior to the opening event only. It is permitted to run through the course up to 5 times with no tampering, deviation from or circumvention of the course. These must be under the supervision of a HRS pilot and subject to a 5,000,000 credit fee. In addition to this, the LH~Redshift must throw the first race of the event in a believable manner. If the aforementioned vessel wins this first race or raises significant suspicions it will be disqualified from the event. These terms are relevant to the first event only and ongoing access following this may be subject to a different agreement.

I hope you may find these conditions favourable.

Yoshihiro Nakamura
Director

Transmission complete, channel open

RE: To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - Brutus Clay - 03-22-2019

...uploading.data...

Mr Nakamura,

I must say the Hogosha's reputation of being shrewd business people is well deserved. I would normally reject such a proposal, for I do not usually lose, much less on purpose.
However, I suppose it is a small price to pay to get ahead of the competition.
We are in agreement, then. The Redshift has been moved to our base of operations in Galileo and is ready to head to Tottori at a moment's notice.
I will make sure to pass the word on to my colleagues, and who knows, maybe I'll even be able to find other prospective pilots among our allies.

If I do, I will of course not tell them about our little deal.

RE: To: The Hogosha Racing Syndicate - dr lameos - 03-22-2019

I’m glad we could come to an agreement Mr Clay.

Please contact me on my personal channel to schedule a time and I will arrange for a pilot to supervise your visit.

Yoshihiro Nakamura
Director

Transmission complete, channel closed