Discovery Gaming Community
To Elektra King - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Elektra King (/showthread.php?tid=168958)

To Elektra King - Rantari - 03-22-2019

...Incoming Transmission
Encryption - Standard
Contents - Text Only
Priority - Standard
Connection Established - Displaying Message...

[Image: avatar_26864_by_hunorgateway-dbtbeug.png]
[Image: logo02_zpsa106e806_by_hunorgateway-dad9ihw.png]

Good evening, Elektra King.

I am the captain of the Gateway shipping vessel you encountered today. In my haste to ensure my goods reached their destination and make sure my job remained intact I forgot to introduce myself. So I will do it now, my name is Samuel Evison. I have worked for Gateway for some time but I will be honest I am not speaking to you on behalf of the whole organisation. I am just trying to establish a dialog between us in the hopes that it'll be good for both of us, I won't deny there is an aspect self gain on my part achieving even a small deal would allow me to progress within the company.

I am aware that your people although outlawed in your own home are honourable which is why I have decided to disclose my motives straight away. That said I do think that we can arrange something that will benefit us both. I won't waste your time as I am sure you are busy, but if you wish to find some common ground and work from that, then you now have a way to contact me.

Regards,

Samuel Evison
...Transmission End...

RE: To Elektra King - Elektra King - 03-22-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Elektra.King.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 20c.png][Image: 5.png]
[Image: 14.png][Image: 24.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 43.png]

Mr. Evison,

What strange times we live in where business relationship management is the domain of transport captains. Could it be that Gateway Shipping is so pathetic they delegate executive duties to underpaid wage slaves such as yourself? Or perhaps you were being intentionally misleading the other day about your standing within the company.

If you are looking for a partnership of the sort that could net you a promotion surely it's not going to be as personal a deal as you claim – I hope you haven't lied to me, Samuel.

Anyway I'm sure you had something in mind and haven't contacted me just to waste my time. What exactly are you after?

Regards,
King

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To Elektra King - Rantari - 03-22-2019

...Incoming Transmission
Encryption - Standard
Contents - Text Only
Priority - Standard
Connection Established - Displaying Message...

[Image: avatar_26864_by_hunorgateway-dbtbeug.png]
[Image: logo02_zpsa106e806_by_hunorgateway-dad9ihw.png]

Good day, Miss King.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, I was half expecting this communication to just be thrown out as soon as it came through. While yes it is unusual for a mere transport captain to attempt such a feat as sealing a deal with you, when you stopped me the other day I saw a chance and I went for it luckily for me you were willing to listen and didn't destroy the company ship and the cargo along with it. I can assure you no lies were told that day, you are a resourceful people I'm sure you can get a list of our executives and I will not be among them. I'm sure you can understand why I would wish to better myself, times are tough all over and sometimes us little guys need a helping hand.

I suggest we start small and at first I will offer my services at very reasonable rates, I can probably get some of the other captains involved too if larger numbers are required. Just an exercise to gain your trust as I sense I do not yet have it. I imagine your unlawful status makes it more difficult for your ships to resupply or make day to day business transactions with others, so why not use myself as an intermediary. Say you need some Stabiline to sustain a growing population no problem, a new ship from Kusari you've got it and obviously day to day goods it can be arranged. While this is still small I can make some diversions from my normal routes to drop off said supplies without causing major interruption from my day to day tasks. But the details of what you require you will know better than I.

Now I'm sure you are wondering what do I and more importantly Gateway get out of helping you? Well for a start I'd like to think safe passage while trading throughout your territory. As well as a new trading partner but I also heard rumours of an advanced scanner your people have developed as you can imagine this is something Gateway would be very interested in obtaining, It could potentially give us unlimited safety while we are navigating more hostile territories. But that is for another day once we have made this an official agreement between. For now I will await instructions and will be prompt with anything you request.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Samuel Evison
...Transmission End...

RE: To Elektra King - Elektra King - 03-25-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Elektra.King.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 20c.png][Image: 5.png]
[Image: 14.png][Image: 24.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 43.png]

Mr. Evison,

Quite frankly I’m insulted that you would even hint at the notion of bringing us Stabiline – you can keep your crooked Cryer concoctions to yourself. The only reason I would want a shipment of that insidious toxin is so that I could be sure that every trace of it was thoroughly destroyed.

Know that the Lane Hackers have not have survived for over 75 years without building an extensive supply network, and we have no need for allegiances or trade deals with multinational corporations. While we may honor our historic relationship with the Independent Miners Guild who have in the past provided us with sanctuary and supply – the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend and the same can be said for friends of friends.

I’m afraid you have nothing to offer us at this time.

Regards,
King

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To Elektra King - Rantari - 03-26-2019

[Image: fsqUTKB.png]
Good evening, Miss King.

No offense was meant by it, I'm sure your people must be concerned about supplies running short and having a population wide withdrawal and eventual death. It was just a suggestion for a contingency plan I assumed you already had, but no matter I will not press the issue.

While it is unfortunate that we couldn't agree on how to take our mutual "friend of a friend" relationship status one step further I shall not waste your precious time, I only hope that you will bare our extension of friendship next time our ships meet in the lanes.

All the best,

Samuel Evison
Employee of Gateway Shipping
Hauler
[Image: gatewayshippingavatar_by_medicimania_d8t...8zzto3.png]