Discovery Gaming Community
.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: .:j:. (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+------ Forum: Archives (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+------ Thread: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions (/showthread.php?tid=16898)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - conmann35 - 10-03-2017

2nd of October 824

[Image: v7aMgvM.png]

TO: JUNKERS CONGRESS

Hey. The name's Jim Conagher. I'm coming to you as boss of a little operation called the Texas Syndicate. We've been sitting around, plying scrap, doing junky things. It's what we do, y'know. Lately though the business is gettin' slow and I figure now's as good a time as any to consider affiliating with something bigger and more meaningful.

I've recently been doing a few favors for one of your boys. Rick Tiltman I think it was? We've been gettin' on good so far and joinin' up with your organization is probably the next logical step. 'Til then I'll still be doing my little business. Be sure to lemme know what y'all think of getting some more help.

- Jim Conagher -

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Junker Congress - 10-03-2017

Jim Conagher,

Texas Syndicate eh? Cannot say I have heard of them my self but you aint lying there, Junker's got to stick together and no time like the present for that. Consider your self a Congressmen. I suppose you have your own ships stashed in Texas or else where get them to Puerto Rico for set up with Congress transponders and such. Welcome to the Family.

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Hammerhead - 10-08-2017

TO: JUNKERS CONGRESS.

Deleted:

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Ram - 10-15-2017

- Incoming transmission -
- To: Junker Congress -
- Identification : Nick Ramsey -

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Rick Tiltman recently in the bar on the Beaumont Base and he recommended I look into applying here after finishing my scrap run. I'll keep my history short for ya. I was born in 797 AS and raised on Planet Houston and grew up around some of the Ex Con's, Bounty Hunters, and 'Reformed' Criminals from the prison stations. I fell into running with the Junkers once I scrapped up enough credits to buy myself a Salvager after doing odd jobs and busy work for my new friends around Texas. I've had some experience in running lanes, mining, and less than legal goods trading. And speaking of such things, isn't it always nice to have someone watching your back? Rick told me all about this group and its values. I figured its about time I applied somewhere to join your Family. Ship wise I have one Salvager equipt for mining and hauling, as well as a Pilgrim Liner that I'm just putting some finishing touches on to get her space worthy again. I look forward to hearing back from you guys, and Thanks for your consideration in advance.

- Nick Ramsey

Ships:
Drifter's.Fortune - Pilgrim Liner
Nick.Ramsey - Salvager

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Arne - 10-24-2017

Well... Where do I start..

I lived in a middle-class family. Since I was young I went with my father to the Ralston Ice Fields to mine and transport Helium back to Erie with our lended Hegemon. This went on until my late teenage years. I started to feel I wanted to do more in my life than mining alone, I wanted to go on an adventure, a good cause. My father was furious but he couldn't stop me from leaving with my self-earned 750AE Starflier.

Unfortunately my ship got destroyed not long afterwards after xenos disabled a tradelane in Texas. I barely made it out alive in my pod. The engines of my pod were damaged. I floated around in space for a long time until junkers from the now gone Tinkers and Transport found me. I managed to convince them to give me a place to stay when I told them I had mining experience. We had a deal, I mined scrap for them with a lended CSV, they gave me a place to stay and food until I paid back my loan for the new ship.

After the disappearance of our beloved chairman Fynn McScrap, things fell apart.. Lack of leadership made Tinkers Haven fall apart until the base was just a piece of scrap (the irony, i know). Here I was again, alone in space with my CSV. I met an old scrapping collegue and friend from T&T, Basti Legionnes. He said i should try my luck with a group called the Junker Marauders.

Basti told me stories about the Marauders. How they fought actively for the junker cause. Fight for our rights, our pride, our existence.. I was easily recruited as they saw my motivation. After some initial successes fighting of Xenos, I got a nice badass Collector ship from them. I drank, i partied, i felt i was the man there. That changed however..

That mission.. The screams still haunt me from time to time.. You can't imagine..

We were close to Falkland Base, Tau 37.. I was told this would be a blue milk run scouting mission.. I was so wrong.. so wrong..
One of our wingmen spotted a group of Manaslu fighters. They were looking for new places to mine. My first instinct was to evade them as we had no business with them whatsoever. Our leader had other ideas. He ordered us to regroup, blitzkrieg into them and take all the loot we can get. No prisoners. So many screams and then.. silence. We returned home as heroes. But i couldn't bear the pain killing innocents. We weren't heroes, we were terrorists. I left the next day, never to return. Just having my Collector.

On my way back to Erie, returning to my probably dissapointed parents I saw another junker ship called the Royal Fortune. I greeted him. He answered "What do you want?" bluntly. I wasn't sure what to answer. So I just answered in calmly voice "respect". I heard a low grin from his ship.
"Well you can find it with us, the congressmen." He said. "I'm John McArthur of the Royal Fortune, follow me" he said.

And so now I stand before you congressmen, older but not that much wiser. I guess i'm a slow learner? At least I can say i've both seen and done some shit.

Will you accept a junker that wants to redeem himself? A bad guy trying to be good? Can I finish my story here, trying to help, Whatever the outcome is?

- Arne Void

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - mayu20 - 10-25-2017

[Image: MjosHup.gif]

Well, greetings mister Arne Void. I must say that I am glad to see your application.
After out little chat in subspace, I went ahead and informed our Arbiter about you. He sounded satisfied, so that is good enough for me.

I'll be mister Void sponsor and I vouch for him, he sounds like a good, hard working lad and, I must say, I am a bit moved by his story. You folks might recall my past was not exactly peaceful. So he reminds me a lot about myself in my younger days.
I will be glad to accept you in our family, it would be a pleasure flying with you. And I can guarantee you, we will not make you do anything that you will not enjoy, or that would give you nightmares at night.

I can't say for sure, but I am sure your application will went well and you will be accepted. We'll need your skyp3 or DisC0rd protocol for us to add you to our network and database.
Looking forward in meeting you again. Stay safe and out of troubles.

Signed, John McArthur.

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Junker Congress - 10-26-2017

[Image: f5kd4xd.png]

*Scrappy picks up a piece of paper and begins to read*
Dear Arne Void and Nick Ramsey

*he pauses lowering the paper*

Whoa this is to two people?

*he lifts the paper again*

So, like, Mr. Gil told me to contact you on his behalf. Here is what he said:

"We at the Congress would like to welcome you two gentlemen to our family. Please head to Pwerto Reeco to get your ship fitted with proper congress transmitters and keep your ears open for work."

Sin-seerly,
Are-biter Kapp

*he puts the paper down*

Kapp? I swear I'm already wearing one.

Ok, well uh byeeeee now.

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Sand_Spider - 02-15-2018

*Airing Voice Broadcast. . .*
*Signal Origination: Rochester Base, New York.*
*Correspondence from Sandra Carter*

Well, howdy hey there! My name is Sandra Carter, and I'm currently a part time employee fer Universal Shipping. I bumped into Mr. Rick Tiltman righ' outside of Fort Bush today, and took notice've his Shukensha. Rick took notice've me, and we took a few minutes to shoot the breeze as our paths crossed. Well, Rick reckons I've got a good "spirit," as he put it, and invited me to mosey my Bison on over to nearby Rochester and put in an application here. Mr. Tiltman seems like a righ' decent sort, and I'll admit, it'd be nice to have some folks to fly with every now and again besides the odd-strangers I tend to see out in Kansas.

I'll go ahead an' tell ya'll a little about myself: I'm a Texan gal, born and raised. I got a wanderlust one day and decided to hitch a ride on a train headed out to the Taus. I spent a little time with the IMG as a scout pilot, but it turned out I ain't much suited to smaller craft, and frequent raids from the Outcasts got me thinkin', maybe Liberty won't so bad after all. So, I left the Miners' Guild and managed to land a part-time job with Universal Shippin'. I've been mostly haulin' Copper Ore out've Kansas, and I reckon that's mostly what I'll keep on doin', though I guess I'll have 'ta figure out how Universal'd take me usin' one'a their Bisons under Congressional colors - I guess I'd lend-lease it or somethin'?

Mostly I just chatter at passersby while ridin' the lanes; I'll stop for those who decide to return chatter, which is how I got to findin' this computer terminal on Rochester. I don' consider myself nothin' too special - I jus' treat everybody with courtesy, respect an' friendliness. Even pirates don' bother me none too much; everybody's gotta make a livin'
somehow, I reckon. It's rude folk I got a problem with, but they've been thankfully few an' far between.

Movin' on, I dunno exactly how subtle I'cn be, since I pretty much stick 'ta legal cargo shipments exclusively. I ain't much've one fer knowin' my way 'round via jump holes an' the like, so I guess it'll be a learnin' experience.
In that sense, I guess discretion by ya'll's definition is a strong point fer me, since I'll stop fer cargo scans by law enforcement in a heartbeat.
Regardin' secrecy, that's a no-brainer- Momma didn' make no snitch out've me. Mostly if I see a pirate, or a smuggler pushin' outlawed goods, I jus' give 'em a "howdy hey" an' keep their location to myself.

As for loyalty.... Well, I guess I'm a lil' bit've a wishy-washy type, wit' this bein' my third group'a folks I've joined in th' past 6 months. But then again, I was always kind've left 'ta fend fer myself durin' my time in the IMG an' Universal. I reckon, if ya'll can show me ya'll are worth bein' loyal to, then I'll show ya'll loyalty right on back. I'll at least say this: I ain't no two-timin' weasel. Whenever I've severed ties in the past, I've done so admirably - that's what'cha call integrity.

Anyways! I guess we'll see how this works out. Like I mentioned before, Arbiter Rick Tiltman figures I've got a good spirit, an' he's the firs' one 'ta offer me a job on the spot right'n the middle'a space. Seein' as Mr. Tiltman came off as the right friendly sort, I thought, "Let's give this rodeo a ride an' see where it takes me."

That's all fer now - I'll be parkin' my Bison at Rochester 'till ya'll get back 'ta me.

Happy Trails~~Sandra Carter

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Junker Congress - 02-23-2018

Mrs. Carter,
sorry for the late answer, but we found a new Premium Scrap field in Texas which gave us alot of work and Money. So, Mr. Tiltman already talked about you and I see no reason why we shouldn't let you enjoy your life in our family!
So welcome aboard, prepare your s.k.3.p.5 protocoll to recieve a transmission.

RE: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Junker Congress - 02-23-2018

[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

The Junker Admission is closed!