Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? (/showthread.php?tid=169104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Querious - 03-26-2019

Since there was no official player event regarding Aland's takeover, and people got pretty upset, should we try making an event about Aland?

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Lythrilux - 03-26-2019

The whole Omega-3 thing should be retconed. Maybe even retcon O-49 stuff as well. It could all be done with much more interesting roleplay and activity generated from it.

The best thing we can do is start over again and give players a voice.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Loken - 03-26-2019

Why would it be any different to other official events where the victory conditions both result in the same side losing?

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - SnakThree - 03-26-2019

"Someone didn't like the way things happened so let's just redo it" would become constant complaint/suggestion. Developers decided, let it sink in.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Dank Vader - 03-26-2019

Events about omega-49 and omega-3? This would make things more interesting.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Vendetta - 03-26-2019

(03-26-2019, 03:56 PM)SnakThree Wrote: "Someone didn't like the way things happened so let's just redo it" would become constant complaint/suggestion. Developers decided, let it sink in.

"someone" yeah try like a load of people and not just a handful of them.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - LaWey - 03-26-2019

Outcome should be redacted accordingly RP what was presented and played in game. It just require plot writing with having in mind what players already did. I dont see honestly how replaying of this can fix players trust.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - JonasHudson - 03-26-2019

I'd be in favor of salvaging both situations. Maybe both places should get an event for attempted retakes.

Let IMG have its chance to retake the station. Battle + Supply event.

I said 10 freighters of marines before, maybe 20 would be better? within 1 hour (like an assault, that if you dont finish in time, your guys die and you have to start over). During which both sides battle to deter/defend. Both sides can use allies as needed to help get the job done.

The same could be done for Gran Canaria. If you really want to drag it out in 49, do an event per station.

Either way, it feels a little more smooth to have an event of some type. Worst case, if it fails, we allow for retrys every week? The conflict continues....

Which is why it seems like if we had a points system for factions, that could determine when they have right to attack a target station. I suggested pilots but tbh i could be other things. Even just hooking on as. FR of 1 target a week per OF, or link it to logged time, and give points to a faction after a certain amount of hours is logged. Activity of some kind keeps you in the game, or your opponents could gain a balance in their favor.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Swifty - 03-26-2019

This is something i'd like after a long series of bull excrements. First of all, let's not canonize things into the story because desperation got out of hand. And stop canonizing things. Just because you have yellow names, doesn't give you the right to edit or change things as you please because you play in said faction and you're biased towards it. I bet you'd share exactly the same sentiment regarding this crap, if it was done to you.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Yazov - 03-26-2019

Sure as hell i would like too see these events redone, without direct intervention of the current developers team.

I mean, i can let them go with how Gran Canaria was taken over (even thought i can not approve the absolute lack of player-driven events and all role play done around it being retconned for whatever reasons.)

The same stands for Omega-3 conflict. Reconsider your choices made and respective Official Factions to actually have a word in the fate of their assets, not just giving them into the hands of the opposing force through outright stupid events that came out of the blue.

Yes, it is stupid how Aland was captured. A crippled ship with literally erased bridge and severely damaged power core that jumped (emphasis on that word, since when using Jump Drives is considered adequate in terms of lore and is actually canonized?)

Hell yes, both of these events should be redone, and the fate of Gran Canaria should be decided by players and with the roleplay done by players taken into consideration, not just by dev involvement, retconning things at will and blatant powergaming.