Discovery Gaming Community
Escadron XXII "Les Révélateurs" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Escadron XXII "Les Révélateurs" (/showthread.php?tid=169115)

Escadron XXII "Les Révélateurs" - Gallic Security Bureau - 03-26-2019

Escadron XXII "Les Révélateurs"

Summary

Public name: Escadron XXII Les Révélateurs
(official Royal Intelligence designation: Cell GRIS-22)

Motto: His word is law.

ID/IFF: Gallic Royal Enclave

Tag: \*/~

Naming convention:
Fighters and bombers: \*/~Firstname.Lastname
Heavy vessels: \*/~Shipname

Ships & Tech: Gallic Military / Gallic Civilian

Public Knowledge

Escadron XXII of the Gallic Royal Navy was formed in 733 A.G.S. (817 A.S.), not too long before the Languedoc offensive. Led by warship Représailles (known to Sirians as Retribution), the battlegroup took part in the Tau Campaign against Kusari Naval Forces. After that, the 22nd joined one of the first waves of the Leeds offensive.

Despite heavy resistance, the captain of the Représailles refused to retreat, intent on carrying out the order he was given. The order was fulfilled, but the majority of the battlegroup was lost in the battle above Leeds, flagship included. The sacrifice of so many men and women wasn't in vain: Leeds was eventually conquered, and even the Gallic Royal Court had to take note of the fierce loyalty of surviving officers.

Instead of disbanding the battlegroup, the King sanctioned its reassignment to Royal Intelligence and reassembly under a new name: Les Révélateurs. At first, the decision raised a few eyebrows in the Court, but that was soon eclipsed by more and more news about other battlegroups from the frontlines. Heroes of one day, the survivors of Escadron XXII soon became just drops in the ocean of "soldiers who did their part".

Les Révélateurs fought on the frontlines until the end of the war. They participated in the New London Blitz and the subsequent purging of Leeds. The joint counter-attack of Bretonia and Liberty forced them into the newly-christened Gallic Hebrides along with the remaining Royal invasion fleets. Cut off from the rest of Gallia due to the emergence of the Republique of Gallia and Grand Duchy of Burgundy and the sudden end of war, Escadron XXII have joined forces with other Royalists in a similar position.

Despite the new challenges, the morale is high, for all Révélateurs have one common trait: absolute confidence in the superiority of the Gallic regime and way of life, and fierce loyalty to le Roi. That's why it was no surprise when they decided to comply with the King's will: stay in Gallic Hebrides and help form the fledging Enclave Defense Authority. It may have cost them a chance to return home, but every Révélateur believes that they made the right choice.

Classified Information

The few available records of GRIS-22 operations date back to 710 A.G.S. (794 A.S.), shortly after the start of the Second Gallic War. This GRI cell was primarily charged with investigating the fall of planet Marne to the Council, and how to prevent something like that from happening again.

However, like many other Royal Intelligence cells, GRIS-22 enjoyed a large degree of autonomy in how they pursued their goal, or what additional goals they set for themselves. Whatever results their research yielded were immediately classified.

The sudden end of the war, fragmentation of Gallia, and the emergence of the Gallic Royal Enclave have seemingly left GRIS-22 unaffected. Undercover cells across Gallia continue to operate as before, regardless of new allegiances of the systems. The turmoil and power shifts have even benefited GRIS-22 to some extent.

However, this success may be short-lived. A plan is in the works, that may very well destroy almost everything that GRIS-22 have been working to achieve...

Ranks

• Commandant:

The person officially in charge of Escadron XII Les Révélateurs. Therefore, this person was the face of all GRIS-22 operations. Even though a good Commandant listens to the advice of his officers, the burden of all decisions is ultimately his or hers to bear. To the battlegroup, the Commandant's word is second only to the King's.

• Capitaine

The Capitaines of Les Révélateurs are individuals who have proven their abilities on the battlefield or in the planning room, or in some other way. These people were entrusted with most of the battlegroup's secrets and are expected to assist the Commandant.

• Lieutenant:

The recently-transferred replacements, and the majority of commissioned officers in the battlegroup. These people have already proven their skills by being here, but they are yet to prove their loyalty. Their access to GRIS-22 data was limited. For all they knew, they were a part of a battlegroup temporarily assigned to Royal Intelligence.

Goals & Objectives

• Become le Roi's most trusted agents.
• Ensure the superior position of Gallia in Sirius, whatever it takes.
• Assist Gallic Forces with their duties, whenever feasible.
• Undermine potential threats to Gallia, wherever possible.
• Conduct reconnaissance missions for the Royal Navy.
• Obtain rare items and materials potentially useful to Gallia in any way.
• Usurp any knowledge of potential use.
• Preserve and promote the Gallic monarchy and way of life.

Important Links

Tales des Révélateurs - one-post-long independent stories
Risk of Revelations - an operation on planet Leeds

\*/~Recruitment des Révélateurs - recruitment
\*/~Fréquence Centrale des Révélateurs - message dump
\*/~Les Révélateurs Ranking Personnel Database - active player characters

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Catbert - 03-27-2019

Updated the write-up to include goals and some "Classified Information". I'll also use this post as a placeholder, should the first post ever go too big.

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Durandal - 03-27-2019

I was wondering who you guys were/hoping to see more of you. I might be interested in joining this thing.

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Catbert - 03-27-2019

(03-27-2019, 07:49 PM)Durandal Wrote: I was wondering who you guys were/hoping to see more of you. I might be interested in joining this thing.

Thanks! We'd be glad to have you and anyone else willing to give this thing a shot. Right now this faction is "from the 2 people who brought you the second incarnation of Les Damnés". That previous faction didn't grow big, but we had some awesome stories with it. The GRI, however, provides more gameplay options than Brigands, so this faction might suit a wider audience.

P.S. For anyone else interested, I've added Discord ID to my forum profile, so PMing me there is also an option.

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Enkidu - 03-27-2019

Amazing post!

One thing to note is that the GRI has effectively infiltrated the Unioners, and the Unioners are susceptible to GRI instruction (thanks to the GRI unique ship/SRP of Francoise (Franz) Rousse). Feel free to manipulate us for snooping in Rheinland.

Edit: I loved les Damnnes.

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Loken - 03-27-2019

My interactions with you two on my police characters have been really awesome. This is definitely something I would like to see more of and could be interested in joining.

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Catbert - 03-28-2019

(03-27-2019, 10:32 PM)Riehl Wrote: Amazing post!

One thing to note is that the GRI has effectively infiltrated the Unioners, and the Unioners are susceptible to GRI instruction (thanks to the GRI unique ship/SRP of Francoise (Franz) Rousse). Feel free to manipulate us for snooping in Rheinland.

Edit: I loved les Damnnes.

(03-27-2019, 10:55 PM)Loken Wrote: My interactions with you two on my police characters have been really awesome. This is definitely something I would like to see more of and could be interested in joining.

We're truly humbled by the positive reception so far. We were still developing our identity as a faction at that time. New ideas come every day. So hopefully, there'll be more RP integrity in \*/~ interactions in the future. I still have some work to do apart from in-game stuff (make the graphics, start the MD/recruitment, maybe write a story about a character or two), but this page will slowly evolve.

P.S. I've fixed a couple of mistakes in the lore and added an extra bit to the "Classified information". At this point, the most inquisitive could probably connect some dots or notice a little easter egg or two on the faction page.

P.P.S. The wheels are in motion, and hopefully there'll be 3 of us in the near future. Though there's always room for more Wink

RE: \*/~ GRI Cell 22 - Les Révélateurs - Catbert - 03-29-2019

We've put together an emblem for this faction. After adding it to the post, I played around with BBCode a little to make it match the emblem. Still a lot of work to do in all departments (graphics, lore, RP, PVP), but we'll get there. One curious thing about the write-up is that it doesn't openly state everything about the faction. I still don't want to blatantly spoil some of the... peculiarities of Révélateurs, but people say that there isn't enough info to infer them from the write-up yet. That's something I'll eventually address.

RE: \*/~Les Révélateurs (GRI cell #22) - Catbert - 03-31-2019

With the graphics and BBCode mostly done, and the faction concept fleshed out enough, I thought it was time to set up the recruitment thread and message dump. Even though the recruitment thread is up, it's not the only way: Discord or RP interactions in game remain an option. Ultimately, the goal of the recruitment is to find out what sort of character people intend to play as, and what they expect from the faction.

RE: \*/~Les Révélateurs (GRI cell #22) - Catbert - 09-08-2019

We have unanimously decided to switch to the Gallic Royal Enclave ID.

Escadron XXII is now a part of the Enclave. Police, navy, intelligence — everyone stranded away from Gallia are now in the same boat and with the same ID. The "Royal Intelligence Battlegroup" thing is just a piece of lore now.

I'm thinking about expanding the faction, so that the \*/~ tag could suit other remaining Royalists. That'll require a more significant rework of the lore, and it only makes sense if other like-minded people join us. If you're interested, add me on Discord (in my profile) or join our chat, and we can talk.

P.S. I noticed that I didn't even need to update much. For now, I have only added a couple of story paragraphs and a mention of the new ID. The story developments fit our RP and everything we have done so far (and everything we have planned) perfectly. It almost feels like:
[Image: 8045067.gif]