Discovery Gaming Community
BAF Operational Proposal - War Plan Scipio - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: BAF Operational Proposal - War Plan Scipio (/showthread.php?tid=169227)

BAF Operational Proposal - War Plan Scipio - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-30-2019

Classified Report - Admiral's Eyes Only

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

War Plan Scipio

An Operational Proposal
by Captain Winston Doyle
HMS Queen Eleanor

Members of the Admiralty,

At present, we find ourselves mired in a stalemate against the forces of Gallic Royal Navy. There is no doubt that our enemy is in a strong position. I feel that strength is deceptive, however, and our own position much stronger than it appears. In short, I believe we have an opportunity to turn our fortunes around and put the enemy on a permanent defensive footing.

I understand what I'm proposing carries great risk if we fail, but I believe now is the time for bold action. Gallic forces are overextended and intelligence reports suggest they've depleted their reserves at home. If we do not take advantage of this opportunity, our chances of winning this war may slip away forever.

What I am proposing is a full offensive involving all of our allies, and most of our own available forces, across multiple locations on the Gallic lines. I will break this down by system. This plan calls for coordinated offensives in California, Cortez, New London, Leeds, Tau-31, and Tau-23. An additional offensive by Council forces in Gallic Home Space is also required, but this plan will not cover it as the Council is more qualified to make their own operational plans.

[Image: TjLd9hA.png]

The offensive in the California System will be a joint BAF-LN strike on the Carcassonne Battlegroup. LN forces from the Alma Battlegroup will attack from Los Angeles while the Harlow Battlegroup attacks from the Magellan System.

[Image: Ro5u1cB.png]

The attack in the Cortez system will primarily consist of LN and CR forces, though elements of the Harlow Battlegroup may be included if the Admiralty judges that they can be spared from the California offensive. Crayter forces from Coronado will rendezvous with the Yukon Battlegroup at Curacao and will proceed south to engage the Betheny Battlegroup.

[Image: sN7EaaY.png]

The New London offensive carries the greatest risk to our forces as most of the enemy's strength is concentrated here. Nonetheless, due to the attacks in other areas, the GRN will not receive reinforcements, and may even be compelled to retreat to reinforce other fronts. The assault will consist of BAF and LN forces in system, reinforced with elements of the Norfolk Battlegroup and additional forces from Liberty. Allied forces will move in from both New London and Dover to strike enemy forces near Southampton in force. With luck, the enemy will withdraw into Leeds and be intercepted by allied forces in Tau-31.

[Image: aBCe56R.png]

As GRN forces retreat from New London, elements of the New London fleet will advance to Leeds orbit. The Leeds Resistance, Privateers, and Gaians will harrass the GRN ships in hit-and-run bomber strikes, further softening them up as they retreat towards Tau-31. Any attempt by the GRN to retreat to Edinburgh instead should be discouraged, and the lanes northward left uncontested to encourage the enemy to cooperate with our plans. A resistance uprising on Leeds itself would be helpful, but is unnecessary to this plan. If one should materialise, however, allied ships in orbit can provide operational support where it does not distract from the primary objective.

[Image: 23V4qzT.png]

The Tau-31 offensive poses the lowest initial risk to our forces, but the risks increase as other elements of this plan are carried out. The Ark Royal Battlegroup will move on the Holman Lane Terminus from the Newcastle jump hole, while Crayter Military forces from the Carrier Hades will move in from the north. New Tours Watch Station will be destroyed and the lane terminus secured to intercept retreating Gallic forces from Leeds. Retreating enemy forces should be destroyed if possible, but forcing them to retreat into Gallic home space would be an acceptable result as well.

I recognise using the Ark Royal Battlegroup here will effectively cede Newcastle to Gallia. As the system is currently cut off and effectively already out of the war, this is not a major strategic loss. The Ark Royal's forces will be more useful in securing Tau-31.

[Image: KnMIU8y.png]

The offensive in the Tau-23 system is intended to prevent the Guillestre Battlegroup from moving south to assist GRN forces in Tau-31. Maltese forces will move on the Guillestre from Tau-37 while the Crayter Military will move in from Tau-44. The destruction of the battlegroup is preferred, but a retreat into Gallic home space is an acceptable result. If the Crayter and Maltese forces complete their objective in time, they may move south to reinforce allied forces in Tau-31.

Gallia Delenda Est