Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ (/showthread.php?tid=169260)

Pages: 1 2

To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - Maximillian Largo - 03-31-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Maximillian.Largo.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 74a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10.png][Image: 23.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 43.png]

Greetings to the leader of the Unioner Syndicliga.

Allow me to introduce myself: I am Deceiver Maximillian Largo, Lane Hackers' Inner Circle.

News have reached the Professorship regarding the various events that unfolded at Vierlande Prison, in Hamburg, several weeks ago. My colleagues have been working to be able to reconstruct a proper insight on them; yet, in order to effectively and efficiently do so, we are in need of a vital part of information: the events' history from the other side - your side, dear Unioner friends.

That is why I would ask you to share everything you have regarding said events.
Do not spare any details - everything counts.

I will eagerly await your response.

Salutations,
Maximillian Largo
...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To the Unioner Syndicliga - Maximillian Largo - 04-03-2019

...Deceiver.Maximillian.Largo.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

...boosting.signal...retransmitting.message....

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - The Syndicate Leagues - 04-04-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: TIjZhTt.jpg?1]
Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei

Incoming Transmission
[Image: t4wyEVc.png]
Unionised Peoples of Syndicalist Advocacy

To: Deceiver Maximillian Largo, Lane Hacker Inner Circle.
From: Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei, on behalf of the Free Workers of Rheinland.
Subject: Surviving.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"We understand the importance of getting our side of the narrative out. The Coalition and the Hessians are large organisations, who talk louder than their capabilities. They’ve managed to persuade hundreds of thousands of people that they’re the only face of economic consciousness in Rheinland despite an average of a factory every six months. They had the advantage of pre-planning the assassination. We’re barely covering our injured.

The communications delay probably wasn’t advantageous for us. We’ve all been pressed to service. Every Unioner of the Alster cell that wasn’t outright killed or wounded in the Alster attack is trying to shore up the damage to our organisation. We don’t have all the answers ourselves, or all the bodies. Shock and awe is in effect here.

If we were going to frame the causes of this, I’d have to give you a history lesson in Rheinlandic history extending back to the colonisation of New Berlin. Neither of us has the time. The short shrift is that the Sirius Coalition like to compare an oversimplified version of earth History to modern Sirian monopolism and use internationalism as a cover for the territorial expansionism they’ve pushed for since long before the Nomad War. Sirian infighting has given them opportunities, and they’re pushing for them. The Red Hessians? The Red Hessians forgot the mantra of Von Rohe’s day when they decided to stich themselves up in uniforms for a nation that didn’t exist yet. Throw in enough underworld diamond distributions to make them greedy and they wanted to knock off our perch. The hour’s been long-coming. Our mistake was thinking we could... that we must.... try.

So I have enclosed our explanation below. It has been ratified by each of the cells we can reach. Our intranet is still damaged.

This is what we ask from our ally. I respect that you are not the one that you wish to hear it from. You understand the stance I took towards the Hacker intervention in the Bering conflict. It may be the past, but the past shapes the present. The existence of the Unioners is evidence of this enough. I was elected arbeitsdirektor to acquire a certain peace in Bering, in accordance to the Unioner way of life, that had been asked of me. I had to slaughter sacred cows to get there, withstand coups, attempts on my life. I am a nobody. A cog, at the end of it. Another part that makes the machine run. Machines are the genius of human life. They are the proof of our evolution. They shape our language, how we are fed, clothed, explore, survive. Where our horizons lie."

"The Red Front vandalised that machine. Killed its operators. But we're engineers, Lane Hacker. In their arrogance, they've given us another problem to solve."

"The Luddites always fail. That is the path of history."

"We are turning the disarmed Vierlande into an improvised habitat, as fast and as makeshift as we can. It's clad in armour, which makes it less prone to suffering Wedel's fate, but the docking bays have been fried and the station lacks creature comforts. We can rig her self-survival, but it will take time. We cannot stop a determined Coalition, Hessian, or Military strike. If we lose Vierlande, we lose the Unioners. Our people will scatter into individual cells, and the Underworld will belong to the Hessians, and the Coalition."

"As will Rheinland. As will Bering."

"There is only one sensor array in Sirius with sufficient early warning capabilities to give the crews aboard Vierlande a chance to evacuate in the event of an attack. The spyglass array. I wish I could come to you with more than empty hands, but given the circumstances, we cannot afford to spare resources, even to our allies. All I can guarantee is that we, I, will owe you a favour, Lane Hackers, of a bond that only a Unioner could make. Whenever you ask of it, you may invest in that trust."

"I beg of you; and we do not lightly beg. Your organisation is well connected. If you know of any names in the Rheinland government, security services, corporations, or revolutions, which may be susceptible to Unioner suggestion, please hand us their names, their histories. We need every angle we have to stave off a counter-attack on the prison, for there will be surely members of the police who will want to take back what is theirs, and seal what remains of the Unions in with the wreck."

"Pacifica was about history, power, belonging. Hamburg? This is simply about life."

[Image: ZzmBegq.gif]
[Image: mXm1eF2.png][Image: zeCu9ux.jpg?1][Image: MJoeIL3.png]
[Image: xeOMWyu.gif]

"Solidarity. To all of us. These are dark times, Maximillian Largo. People are killing each other in the streets, in every house. Sirius burns. Even Gallia burns. And in times like these an old idea such as ourselves must question why is we carry on. What gives us the right to live? What use is solidarity between men when treachery is the reliable path to power?"

"I do not know. I do not pretend to know."

"But for now, we have our work."

You cannot cut off the tongue, of a man who speaks through his acts.
C.Frei.
Elect-lead of the Alster Union survivors.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - Yoshida - 04-05-2019

...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 2RueBG5.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Normally I would have terminated the communication the moment you showed your ugly, burned face. But these are not normal circumstances.

The Lane Hackers offer their condolences for your losses. If there is something, anything, that we can do to logistically support your brethren please send it here and we will fulfill it. You have called us aloof, imperious and supercilious and personally accused me of terrible things but in the end of the day here we are, ready to support you in any way we can. And this is what ultimately matters, Corin, this is what allies are here for.

Unfortunately, you have not been wise in choosing your allies. We warned you about the Communists, we told you that the best thing you can do to a communist is to end their miserable life but unfortunately our warnings not only fell on deaf ears but you housed and fed them in Pacifica essentially breeding your demise with your own hands.

As for the Hessians, they have unfortunately become puppets of the Coalition ruining their reputation and trustworthiness as a movement. And while the situation is more delicate considering our historic ties, I am about to cancel a major contract that we were going to sign with them.

Perhaps Corin it is time for you to stop babbling nonsense and posing philisophical questions. You are the Arbeitsdirektor of the Unioners, not an unemployed poet. Focus on those who have committed heinous crimes against the Unioners. And then have your revenge. Coalition and Hellfire Legion committed genocide on your people. They need to pay their debts.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - The Syndicate Leagues - 04-05-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

To: Professor Provocateur Goro Yoshida, Lane Hacker Inner Circle.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"Your support is invaluable. The support of the hackers is Invaluable."

"Yoshida. I, publicly, do not trust you. I do not believe in your methods. I do not believe you are half as shrewd as you believe you are, or a quarter as sharp as you dress. You are the kind of man who will sweep all the pieces off the board if you can't win every game of chess, and then throw the pieces when you are not invited back to the table. I suspect you're responsible for trying to kill me, repeatedly, for my belief that you did not provide the Unioners with full disclosure to enable the Hackers to negotiate a peace settlement. I fulfilled my mandate, and found peace without you, through feathers and lead. I am well aware that I may not make you very happy, but I have not betrayed you, I have not tried to kill you, and I believe in the Lane Hacker - Unioner alliance. Although that may infuriate you, it is why I stonewalled you, as surely as you have tried to stonewall me."

"It's why I came to you. Fair or foul, I will do my job. As much as we disregard one another, I have a suspicion that you will, as well."

"I would not be surprised if history calls the Unions foolish for trying to trust that the Von Rohe's revolution was sustainable - that the Communists and those of us with a more hands-off belief in the role of the state could survive next to each other. You're a cynic, Yoshida. This was probably obvious to you. There were, and are, millions of Unioners who thought differently. We know that there are even Hessians, now, who believe differently. Not every Hessian, nor Coalition pilot at the battle of Vierlande was willing to follow their new marching orders. Give a man under a dictator a little dissent and he will dig his master a grave. Von Rohe's day was not founded on any one ideal except the end of corruption. Instead, it has given birth to a new kind of corruption. Men who believe that any means justify the ends."

"You spared Kirsnik's life. You shouldn't have. He is part of that problem."

"The monster who goes by the name of an old Sol hunter of monsters is responsible for the death of the Arbeitsdirektor who refounded the Unioner - Lane Hacker Alliance. He's had a better success rate of killing arbeitsdirektors than you have, Yoshida. Scans of his vessel have revealed a man obsessed with his own image. He adorns his craft with guts, organs, the like. Pantomime fear tactics. The kind of psychopath who has to rationalise himself as being on the side of righteousness, and rationality, but must clad himself in madness to do so. He believes he's playing a trick on other men but is only deluding himself. The Coalition is filled with such men. Men who call their psychosis reason; their failure to compromise, strength. Men like him are why we were deluded. We thought that the Hessians and the Coalition were still populated with men whose intentions were in solidarity with the rest of us. The men and women of the houses. Revenge will be less useful than putting a bullet in these aberrations."

"The most immediate help we can ask for is the installation of a Spyglass array outside Vierlande prison, with the accompanying Lane Hacker technicians and observers, of course. That will help us bide our strategic time. In response, we are willing to send several Arbeiter fighters to the hackers, along with One Hundred Million Credits to cover installation expenses. The one benefit, if it can ever be called that, of the brutality of the Red attack is that all of the Unioner cells are united together. I never thought I'd live to see a common attitude towards the threat of the Coalition, but here we are."

"Yoshida. You had the opportunity to profiteer from the Hessians. You could have finished your contract and we would have been none the wiser. For that, you have my respect again. Don't abuse it. Even if I am a burned, crass, old pirate."

Contract details Wrote:Requested materials = 1 1x Installation-Grade Spyglass Network Array + associated components.
Delivery location= , Krefeld Station, Cologne.

REWARD: Open relay of x5 Arbeiter Unioner Very Heavy Fighters to the Lane Hackers. One Hundred Million Credits, payable to a chosen Lane Hacker account.

C.Frei.

[indent]Transmission Complete

Signal lost.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - Yoshida - 04-07-2019

...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

No.

Placing one the most expensive pieces of technology outside Vierlande? What are you thinking Frei?

Let's talk about your strategic and diplomatic skills. You have lost Darmstadt, Kaiserlautern and now Wedel. That is 50% of all your installations, Frei. On top of that you have lost a Bayern-class battleship and from what I see here you emptied your faction's coffers by paying the Red Hessian Army with the staggering amount of 1,600,000,000 SC in order to prove your good intentions. And we all know how this ransom worked out for you.

And yet I contact you on my own to offer the Hackers' invaluable support and the only thing I get back from you is insults and manufactured falsehoods about myself. But if Heinrich contacted you a month ago you'd be licking her boots right now.

Some of my colleagues believe that my attempt to save your movement is implausible and I am wasting my time talking to a man who cannot recognize who his true friends are and who are his enemies. Nevertheless I will make one more attempt, an offer for the Alster Union to consider.

The Lane Hackers may be able to seal a temporary ceasefire agreement on your behalf with the Red Hessian Army. Considering the Military is occupied with other matters that will free up most of your forces in southern Rheinland to defend the rest of your territory while your Pacifica forces will move to conduct an assault in Kansas system as you have previously agreed to. As planned, your attack will merely be a diversion and we do not expect you to engage the Legion forces directly which means you will suffer minimal losses while with your invaluable participation you will inflict a terrible blow to the Legion repaying in blood what your people suffered in their NEMP attack. Furthermore, the Lane Hackers will construct an advanced sensor array for the Union in Hamburg at a place of your choosing. It might not be Spyglass but it will still provide you with advanced tactical intelligence. Additionally, the Lane Hackers will move 50,000 crates of Food Rations to Pacifica in order to feed all the Hamburg survivors. This, along with the Hessian ceasefire will allow your civilian population in the coming months to replenish and re-establish a modicum of presence in Hamburg again.

If everything goes according to plan, in the aftermath of the reconquest, the Union is going to establish a presence in Kansas where your working-class members will be able to make use of the precious mining fields in the region and without the need to invest in security; this rich system is well away from the Hessians and any other powerful enemies that you have made. You need to fill up your coffers and Kansas appears to be your best option right now.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - The Syndicate Leagues - 04-10-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"Yoshida."

"You did not listen to the transmission in full. You may detest me but that does not give you the right to be inattentive when you choose to personally handle communications."

"We decline your counter offer. Consider. You accuse us of appeasement in one hand and then offer appeasement as a solution with the other. That is is not a deal made in good faith, Yoshida, and I suggest you put someone with less baggage back on the communication line. "

"On Kansas, we agree. The Union can offer more than a distraction. But we will use those resources to fight. Reconstruction is our concern. We can care for our own."

C.Frei.

Signal lost.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - Yoshida - 04-10-2019

...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Elect-Leader of the Unioners, Corin Frei.

I did not offer an appeasement. I simply offered to broker a temporary ceasefire so that you take out the enemies in the north before re-focusing on your enemies in the south. That is called 'strategy', Mr Frei.

In any case, the Lane Hackers accept your proposition. The ceasefire, the food delivery donations and the advanced sensor array in Hamburg will not proceed.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - The Syndicate Leagues - 04-10-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"Given what they have done."

"We can walk, and chew gum."

C.Frei.

Signal lost.

RE: To: The Unioner Syndicliga ϟ From: Maximillian Largo, LH~ - The Syndicate Leagues - 04-11-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"I believe an explanation would be valuable."

"We have a plan for relief efforts in place. Thank you for the offer of relief. We already have suppliers on the way and we have just lost much of our in-space storage capacity. The Hackers have considerable transport capacity, but in any case we're trying to draw upon local resources first, before we head to Libertonian groups. You are going to need those supplies for the elements sent to Kansas."

"The problem with giving the Hessians time to prepare with an extended peace treaty is that the Unioners cannot leverage manufacturing advantages whilst we are in turmoil, so the Hessians will rebuild as well. And they are developing their reach. They are currently over-extended, fighting on three Omega fronts, along with entangling themselves publically with Bretonia and the Rheinland internal political system, now. We have the best available window to attack Hessian critical shipbuilding facilities, which will put them on the defensive on at least one of their fronts. The Corsairs appear to be attacking Hessian/Coalition positions in the deep omegas already, en-masse. Our relationship with the Mollys is also a factor; the syndicate economy operates off the labour standard. Rather than use gold as a metric of wealth, we use gold micro-circuitry as a measure of ability within non-quantum computation. Unioner machines are rife with gold conductors, equally, we are the Mollys source of aluminium, thorium MOX, and avionics. We have an independent alliance. Whilst the Hessians have attacked us, the Mollys are at least sympathetic and our trade will continue. Re-engaging in conflict with us appearing to pick the hour of engagement would imperil this agreement. As of now, the Crayter rebellion has proven useful for sourcing acquisitions of Beryllium and Niobium from the Crayerians - we're even in the process of purchasing a battlecruiser, and re-pressurising another, all thanks to the present all-time low in Hessian - Crayterian relations. Ships that will be essential in attacking Kansas, and replacing our losses. These are ships that we can have at our disposal in weeks."

"I cannot accept a sensor array of ability less than that of a spyglass, because we could probably build such a device ourselves, or use a Kusarian-derived scanner smuggled from our Kusarian underworld contacts. Plus the maintenance costs of Hacker equipment down in the Rhein are expensive and would present a problem for long-term operation. Only the range and accuracy of the spyglass can justify this. A Unioner-instrumented Corvo was responsible for detecting the weaknesses in Vierlande's defences that enabled the strike. We will make do."

"The Unioners have matured a jump augmentation technology that involves jumping cometary fragments - which are of low molecular complexity, of low energy cost to capture, and are outrageously cheap, through a non-phase-aligned jump aperture. The nature of this technology, at least, the operational limitations of the device, will doubtless leak over time. We want to make use of the device whilst it has extreme tactical utility against both the Hesse and the Legion."

"That is our strategy. It will surprise the enemy. "

C.Frei.

Signal lost.