Discovery Gaming Community
Legacy of Orillion |O| - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Legacy of Orillion |O| - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=169370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Lythrilux - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 02:28 AM)Shelco Wrote: We know you think that the Order is just a bunch of terrorist who have lost their true goal etc. but is it really necessary to push it into the game over and over again? First Kalh defects from Order, then Spectre defects from Order, then both chars become SRP and create an Order but not Order| faction and now they create another Order but not Order| faction but this time it's not being disguised as something else, this time it's the "true" Order. People have made the circumstances that prevent the Order from being the Illuminati galaxy godfathers very clear. I also think that Golanski (the character) wouldn't just accept more people separating from his organization to use their own equipment, bases and ships to go for the very same goals without having the responsibility to follow orders, at least not after 1 Osiris and 1 Geb were stolen and several anti-Order|-Order-factions emerged. Other than that I hope this will be beneficial for everyone you interact with and won't contain any ooRP dislike for the official Order| faction.

You can't just ignore the multiple instances of Order warmongering and terrorism (and groups springing up as a result) that has occurred over the past several years. It's not just lone individuals fabricating lies, it's all the result of frequent in-roleplay actions by Order. It's funny, Core is generally supposed to be continuously pushing fake news that Order are terrorists and warmongers, but it's the truth. It's ironic that in the Omicrons that Core has taken over Order's role of protecting the natives, with Zoners now feeling safer in their hands rather than the Order's.

Also, something from the Order NPC Faction wiki page (which was also the basis behind Providence / <O>):

Quote:Crime and Dissent

Crime is absent within the Order, as there is little-to-no motivation for it. Dissent has, however, been known to occur from time-to-time, usually due to friction involving the High Command and the Order's current way of function. Rebellions in the Order's ranks have been infrequent, but have taken place a few times, causing stress on the faction's already strained resources, and has caused the loss of many good Order vessels and pilots. Also noteworthy is the defection of the Nekure and it's crew. Order vessels have tried in vain to find and capture it, and it has been sighted a number of times, but never captured.

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Shelco - 08-08-2018

I am not denying that there were things that could have been handled better but Golanski is targetted constantly for these things and that puts stress on someone which may cause wrong decisions. The Order has the job of playing as humanity’s protectors while fighting off the lawful evil of the Core which is seen as the good guys and the Nomad threat. All that while being called terrorists, leading to many scenarios that need to be played out very carefully but is it needed to exploit this at all costs?

He could try rebuilding the Order's image, and if that's too much he could always step down.

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Thexare - 08-08-2018

Yeah, I mean, it's not like he ever threatened to nuke several Freeports and Gran Canaria or anything

(08-08-2018, 02:53 AM)Thexare Wrote: Yeah, I mean, it's not like he ever threatened to nuke several Freeports and Gran Canaria or anything

That whole ordeal was crazy. There was no indication in the slightest, inRP or ooRP, that the POB was Core run or affiliated. Hence why it just seems like blatant terrorism rather than Order playing it's role.

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Skyelius - 08-08-2018

Hey guys, best of luck.

My Disco-lore advice if you are seeking Order RP purity:

1) Remove the "..of Cincinnatus" horsecheese. It was injected by the members of the pre-TCG all through the TCG era and beyond it. It was evidently conceived by someone who liked Roman history, but it's not real Freelancer lore. Sadly, it was written-in on the Disco wiki, but that's something that should be fixed.

2) Ignore any and all references to "Golan..."-you_know. The years-long campaign of self-deification of the player through that character It is one of the first Discovery memes ever, and a rather distasteful one. So much propaganda, so many times the involved individuals exalted that name, that it became "a thing" only because of insistence and not because of real achievements.

-Sky

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Shelco - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 02:53 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: He could try rebuilding the Order's image, and if that's too much he could always step down.

Such missteps are always like treats and they are a simple way to change behavior towards the faction and won’t be ended just like that. If a faction hostile to you or you want to see hostile does a mistake that justifies a diplomacy change you don’t want to just nod it off as soon as the faction makes up for it.

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Cælumaresh - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 02:53 AM)Thexare Wrote: Yeah, I mean, it's not like he ever threatened to nuke several Freeports and Gran Canaria or anything

This getting thrown around literally all the time as something of a ledge to grab on to for anyone trying to talk sh*t about the Order|, is quite frankly getting on my nerves. However this thread is not about Order| but |O|, so lets keep it that way. If you got something to say against Order|, do so here. Thanks.

RE: The Order (Legacy of Orillion) - Faction Info - Kalhmera - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 03:24 AM)Caelumaresh (Thomas) Wrote:

This getting thrown around literally all the time as something of a ledge to grab on to for anyone trying to talk sh*t about the Order|, is quite frankly getting on my nerves. However this thread is not about Order| but |O|, so lets keep it that way. If you got something to say against Order|, do so here. Thanks.

Cael is right on that note, please dont drag Order| stuff here and if you have an issue put it in their thread.

As for everyone else mainly Shelco complaining about our past... Please Do not. This is an Order ID IFF Faction with no ties to Jonathan Kalh or Vex Upsilon. I took the Advise of a good friend of mine and made this faction. Thats all I have to say about it. The Turn out for people wanting a new Order faction and joining the faction and the people supporting our faction is amazing and I am really happy where this is going... We just had a really good interaction with Order| in game and I am looking foward to RPing with them.

(08-08-2018, 02:57 AM)Shelco Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 02:53 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: He could try rebuilding the Order's image, and if that's too much he could always step down.

Such missteps are always like treats and they are a simple way to change behavior towards the faction and won’t be ended just like that. If a faction hostile to you or you want to see hostile does a mistake that justifies a diplomacy change you don’t want to just nod it off as soon as the faction makes up for it.

I'm confident a change in leadership (not necessarily player, but character) would cause dramatic diplomatic benefits for the Order. InRP the actions of Golanksi have tarnished the Order's reputation and ability to function. It's in the same vein how Erik Nodtviet blew up Freeport 11 and terrified the local population, before Loyola worked on repairing those broken bridges (and quite craftily, turning the tables on diplomacy).