Discovery Gaming Community
Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? (/showthread.php?tid=169404)

Pages: 1 2

Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Cobe - 04-04-2019

I've felt like I've always sucked at PvP in snubcraft, probably because I never really learnt how to use them. Recently I've been having a bit more of a crack and trying to improve.

I've thought of a few ideas and combinations of equipment, and one that draws my attention is using missiles. However I haven't really seen much (if any) use of them with other players.

Are they actually used? Are they useful or is there just better equipment out there (CDs, for example)?

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Kaze - 04-04-2019

Mostly used in HF's, for group fights (not the huge furballs though).

That's me, at least.

Also...
(04-04-2019, 03:19 PM)Cobalt Wrote: I've felt like I've always sucked at PvP in snubcraft, probably because I never really learnt how to use them. Recently I've been having a bit more of a crack and trying to improve.

I've thought of a few ideas and combinations of equipment, and one that draws my attention is using missiles. However I haven't really seen much (if any) use of them with other players.

Are they actually used? Are they useful or is there just better equipment out there (CDs, for example)?

[Image: 2xqvms.jpg]

<3

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Backo - 04-04-2019

If you're flying alone and have only 1 CD/Torp slot then CD would always be the better choice, unless your goal is to deter other people rather than catch and kill them, because without a CD they can just cruise up when losing and leave. Though if you're cool with that by all means you can use missiles.

I recently tried the Cannonball Missile (which is actually a renamed Starkiller torpedo and in fact is only fired by the torpedo key and not the missile key, gj devs!) and it worked pretty well in 1v1 fights, but you had to keep in mind the enemy could just learn when to CD your missile so it's not a spam weapon. Sidewinders on the other hand are pretty great for groupfights and often used in events. I think the paralyzer is also a nice missile that offers you to fly with less EMP weapons.

Overall I'd say missiles are okay, but due to the need for CD to ensure your targets don't just hightail out, you'd more often than not be forced to fly with a disruptor (if you're the one usually initiating the fights).

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Durandal - 04-05-2019

More or less seconding Vasko on this one. They're nice support weapons while remaining unfeasible as a solo tool.

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Rogue - 04-05-2019

Agree. Either CD or Cannonball. It might take a bit practicing to hit the Cannonball, but it's very satisfying and a good 1v1 variation...

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Nepotu - 04-05-2019

Bring back Starkiller, Sunslayer and aux slot

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Dark.Star - 04-05-2019

(04-05-2019, 07:01 AM)Nepotu Wrote: Bring back Starkiller, Sunslayer and aux slot

yes pls

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Wesker - 04-05-2019

(04-05-2019, 07:01 AM)Nepotu Wrote: Bring back Starkiller, Sunslayer and aux slot

I’m sorry here on discovery freelancer we do not make intelligent balance desicions in regards to snub ordinance. All mechanics must be balanced to encourage noobs to fly and put no effort into improving.

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - Sarwar - 04-05-2019

Yup he is right. Give me those.

RE: Are Missiles useful on Snubcraft? - NoMe - 04-05-2019

with each shot I've trained for missile fire, and after a pretty good handling, hop, either they've lost their tracing abilities, or their power, or their precision, or again their exorbitant price for so little result.

Without all that, I like missiles.