Discovery Gaming Community
The Voided - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Voided (/showthread.php?tid=169494)

The Voided - diamond1 - 04-07-2019

Voided Biography by John, Pilot of the )Explorer(::Wolf
The Voided are fascinating things. Many believe them to be of a AI construct or a convert of a different faction. It would be probably best for them to be left out of that information to what they really are, Therefore i will be keeping separate document of findings with the voided.

The Voided are an alternate dimensional being, to be best described. My vessel has been infected with one of them and has claimed that they used some kind of tech that allowed them to move to this said plane, but not return back. However, they can still control technologies, and use this to take over a pilot's ship from anywhere in the Universe. Some of them do not believe in harming others, but will defend if necessary and by any means. This includes destroying evidence of their presence. Not that even the most common of Battleship Scanners can find anything besides some residue of logs. They came to Sirius to study the individuals roaming the Universe, Hoping to develop new technologies to stop another all out galactic war.

The Voided also are connected as if one. They share their knowledge like a shared storage server, Just like my own. Therefore, New information can be gathered in minutes if there is a need to send that info to one another. All their experiences, Are displayed like a bulletin board. Nothing is hidden, Which can be pretty scary, if the wrong move is made.

This one has shown it's appearance to me once before, It seems rather curious and intrigued while wary. Understandable to the young life of Sirius. It says it's scanned through my ship's vast info, and is now using some of it to assist their own kind. Luckily, most of it is not war schematics.

I've met ones that have been "Not so friendly" And nearly blew off a dozen ships once before, It's a good thing that not all of them are like this. But the thing about the Voided is that they cannot die, lest their homeworld is destroyed. Nobody knows where it is, but them. With good due reason, too. Many factions are not to be trusted. But for my own sake, I must remain neutral.

The individual has struck a offer, We've in the midst of working together to solve these problems of bloodlust as we have a somewhat similar goal. I can only hope that it can remain hidden until the time comes. For both our sakes, and Sirius, We cannot let everyone know. Only of one other individual, Pilot "Sun" Of the Bodhi knows about this individual boarded upon my vessel. And for our sakes too, We must keep quiet.

The Voided are searching for a ship. Mythical or not, It might help to the future of Research if we are to find it. They believe it has landed somewhere in Sirius. We must find it, before someone else does.

But I'm as puzzled as the voided... Where do we start?

RE: The Voided - diamond1 - 04-08-2019

I mentioned previously that the Voided have undergone a phase which has made them into the beings they are today. I was told that they were once like us, Human. But from advanced technologies, They had to come up with a solution in order to deal with the Nomadic threat of erasing galaxies. They would not share the tech they used, But undergoing transformation caused high stress on the human body. In some cases, this drove them to Insanity in their new form, and leads to blood lust; Just like the Nomads and other hostile factions. Thankfully, Local pilots have described as a "Rogue Destroyer" That was occupied by an "Insane pilot" Had been successfully destroyed. Who knows where it is.

Referring the Voided as an individual is a finicky thing. They just simply call themselves the "Voided", Whatever that is supposed to mean. The one that i work with On-board my ship, Has assisted in modifying my ship further to now accept the power requirements of the blue ore that is not found in this Universe. It has caused some of my weapons to power, Which only function as for gathering Samples by tearing apart certain points for collection.

They're looking for something. A brief mention of a new vessel to further their research, Is supposedly long lost. Looks like we're off to find it.

RE: The Voided - diamond1 - 05-03-2019

Quiet... It's too quiet... I was working on some repairs to the ship, after a major and nearly fatal accident. The ship groaned as it started administering it's own objectives.

::: Waypoint Set, Initating engines. Next stop: Colorado :::

"Hey, What's the idea? Found something?"

---::: Your scanners appeared to have picked up a signal. We must investigate :::---

"You could have let me finished some repairs first." I would argue, I still barely know anything about these beings to attempt to even want to try to persuade to stop. It's not as if they have hurt me... Yet...?

But it was no use, We were already on our way there and it's not like i could do much, except watch. I'll never understand them. They're "Human-like" As they proclaim. But they have an erratic behavior. a gleeful hiss emits somewhere in the ship, Almost disturbing in a way. But i suppose it would be harder to express emotions from an alternate dimension that can still interact with ours.

"DANGER: RADIATION DAMAGE DETECTED" The sirens blare as we run through Dark matter and Radiation clouds. This little ship can tough it out, But I don't know where we're going.

We passed alongside a few ships. A few Sunburst pilots that were curious of our movement. Some even followed us a little ways, Striking conversation and seeking profit. I kindly asked the Voided to unlock the database so i may present information. Turns out, The voided don't care about locking certain components and just simply said to claim whatever the pilot wanted. They said thanks, and moved along their way. We also met a few Kusarians who were annoyingly concerned for our destination... There, We ran into Sun, Pilot of the "Bodhi"

We met with our usual greetings, I debriefed Sun for the Voided having a strange drive to head somewhere. Seems like we're moving towards the Gallian Sector, a place which is strangely quiet a lot of the time, Despite certain activity emitted there. Part of me hopes it could be after the Barge i discussed with it, But technology that old would be quite problematic to chase down. Although, studying some of these engine particles don't match any known engine in the Sirius Universe, Not even Nomadic. We requested her to tag along, For we may need her and her "ways with the "Pilots"" if we're to come across any sort of trouble. She agreed and we went to the next location on the Nav-Map.

::: Next Stop, Burgundy :::

---::: Traces follow onward to a system called the "Ile-de-France" System. I presume you are familiar with it's layout? :::---

"First time traveling there. With good reason, too. Being around Liberty space, probably isn't the best idea for Gallian interests."

---::: Well, Keeping to the trade-lanes would be a start. We will start there. :::---

I sigh, and just sit down on the console reading an old entry i placed into the data banks. I can tell we're going to be here for a while. They're the ones searching for it. I will check later if they find anything.

That is all. Entry closed.

RE: The Voided - diamond1 - 05-26-2019

The trail seems to drag into an asteroid field that has a planet which is covered in asteroids. As we were going through, We come across a few pilots who were also unable to help. Except for one individual who told a history of the system. Rather interesting... Perhaps i should upload it to the database sometime.

Anyhow, I'm getting off-topic. As the Voided ship is taking control, We exit from onto the other side of the field and head towards a cloud to which the particles are getting slightly stronger. I assume the quantity in which we're picking them up, Is a good sign.

...!

Woah... A planet leaped out in front of us, And the scanners appear to be beeping a little widly, but the trail ends off from here. This is all so strange. Why is there a trail that leads all the way here, But with no answers besides a smaller wreck that hangs in the orbit of the planet?

---::: Pilot, The trail to which ends here, Has reappeared in the New York system of Libertonian Space. :::---

Wolf: Huh? How do you know this?

The scanners shouldn't be this powerful. They're good, But they can't cut through millions of kilometers of space through dust, dirt, cloud, and radiation. Unless they tou~

---::: Upon scanning your ship, Your cargo hold has been outfitted with Scanner beacons, They have been deployed in the system since we left, and match the intensity of particles :::---

God {Multiple Redacted Notes} That's my stuff!

Wolf: Hey! I let you borrow my ship, This does not allow you free will to the equipment on-board as those scanners costed me a heafty price from the makers. They are IMPORTANT for later.

---::: This is important, Is it not? :::---

Damn. That is a good point. If we succeed in finding this, Perhaps it'll be worth it, And that is a major "IF" it works as this thing is legendary in it's rarity since almost nobody knows anything about this.

*Wolf Grumbles*

Wolf: So, We're heading back? After all this way?

---::: We've laid a course on the route back. :::---

Wolf: Right... You are an oddity.

The trip has been long and boring stating our way out of the Gallian territory except for a few curious freighters featured of the Civilian style. I will keep updating as the time goes along.