Discovery Gaming Community
Presentation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=169565)

Presentation - Cirdan - 04-09-2019

Hello pleople, i'm new in the server, any tips for start? It's kinda hard, i've played several space games like freespace 1 and 2, starlancer and freelance but i'm having dificulties here with the missions i keep dieing ober and over lol

RE: Presentation - Cirdan - 04-09-2019

(04-09-2019, 10:52 PM)Cirdan Wrote: Hello pleople, i'm new in the server, any tips for start? It's kinda hard, i've played several space games like freespace 1 and 2, starlancer and freelance but i'm having dificulties here with the missions i keep dieing over and over lol

RE: Presentation - Lucas - 04-09-2019

Farming Missions in Discovery is not as good as in Vanilla.

You get the most cash by transporting goods from A to B, and the most profitable ones are Ores which require you to dock on either Player-Owned-Bases to buy them or to ask someone to mine for you directly in space.
The Mining Guide is something you should definitely read.
If there's other questions you may have feel free to add me on Discord: Lucas.#4561

RE: Presentation - Bannorn - 04-10-2019

(04-09-2019, 10:52 PM)Cirdan Wrote: Hello pleople, i'm new in the server, any tips for start? It's kinda hard, i've played several space games like freespace 1 and 2, starlancer and freelance but i'm having dificulties here with the missions i keep dieing ober and over lol

Well, the 'classic' startup is pretty good - mine helium with the starting ship in the Pennsylvania system, until you can afford something bigger - then mine more helium! I find hegemon is a good second ship - once you get bored of going back and forth between the mining zone and Eerie, you can start transporting over longer distances - you'll see, if you click on the goods in your inventory, the locations where you can best sell them. This gives you a good way to discover the universe as well, and get to see what factions and players are doing and so on.

Once you've got cash enough (200m will do it easy), it is worth investing ina 5ker (eg the Trains), and doing the powertrade routes - this is about carrying ores from one place to the next. The common ores currently traded are Aluminium (Munich to New London), Gold (Dublin to either New Berlin or Sarcelles, Ile-de-france), and Molybendium (Languedoc to New Berlin). There are variations on this you can experiment with, other cargos you can slide in for extra profit and so on - this you will discover through experimentation.

Other than that, I suggest you consider joining a faction that trades - I suggest Daumann or Republican, but I am biased in that regard! The various discords are a great source of information, knowledge and salt. Feel free to ping me on discord (listed in my profile) - generally people are pretty helpful for new comers. New blood is always gladly seen Big Grin

Pro tip though, this is a roleplay server... don't run from the military Wink

RE: Presentation - Zoners of Galileo - 04-12-2019

I you are new and fancy making some money and also learning roleplay

Also learning trade routes and stuff

Please consider getting in touch with me my group and i would be pleased to help you in understanding how things work

And you may even consider joining our group too we welcome all new players and old aswell

We are a very active group and we play most days

Please message me privately and we can discuss things if you like

Many thanks

by the way you dont have to be a zoner necessarily either