Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Discovery Launcher (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=211)
+---- Thread: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (/showthread.php?tid=169566)

Pages: 1 2

Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - Teknishun - 04-09-2019

Hi, my Discovery Freelancer won't use my main graphic processor no matter what I try in windows 10 or the Nvidia control panel, I had the issue with previous game but was easily fixed through the Nvidia control panel by setting the main GPU to the GTX instead of the integrated one. Worked fine but today I installed FLDisc on my labtop (gaming notebook) and no matter what I try it wont run off the main GPU Sad I tried manually adding all possible launchers, EXE, etc to the Nvidia control panel and the windows 10 control panel and nothing succeeded. Since this is pretty much application sided searching on google either points me out to the Nvidia control panel or the windows 10 control panel (or other things like uninstall drivers etc etc but its not that in my case I can assure you all my other app uses the GTX)

So in simple words,
Can anyone play this on a gaming notebook and force-use their main GPU?
Can someone point me out how to force the discovery launcher to choose the good GPU or the Freelancer app? like .ini editing and such stuff... :S ?

Thanks for reading eh, I really cant get a good FPS out of that MoBo's GPU... Sad

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - Lythrilux - 04-09-2019

Go to your BIOS and disable integrated graphics.

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - Teknishun - 04-09-2019

I'll check but from what I remember you can only set priority and not completely disable it. Tongue

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - nevrozac - 04-09-2019

this is everything i have to do when changing between GPUs

[Image: BnM52Tg.png]

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - Teknishun - 04-09-2019

Okay for the bios thing since its a notebook there is no chipset section so I couldnt even check the priority.

For the right click screenshot. I tried that on all 3 FL .EXE on my pc. For Discovery launcher Nvidia tells me i dont have the right then sends me in the panel to manually add it (like i said earlier I already added all possibpe exception to the nvidia control page and win10 page)

Youre doing it on the Discovery Launcher? I tried that even but it's working for you? Or you simply took a screenshot of "how to select the GPU from the integrated menu" ? (which you can enable and disable via the Nvidia panel)

To be honest I suspect DirectPlay DirectDraw/3D to be responsible since im on windows 10 I needed to install it through windows update to play freelancer. Im pretty sure theres no fix really unless someone had my specific problem and managed to fix it. My best idea so far is bypassing the launchers or direct 3D/Draw with a Wrapper but I wont be able to connect to the servers.

I dont think I will be able to run it on this new machine I'll start nuking it from the drive Sad

Sucks because this new notebook can run decent games but not my ol' favorite FL Sad

Thanks guys, I'll repair win7 machine one day and... reinstall Freelancer on it... it always worked better on 7 or XP.

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - nevrozac - 04-10-2019

(04-09-2019, 11:51 PM)Shodan Wrote: Youre doing it on the Discovery Launcher? I tried that even but it's working for you? Or you simply took a screenshot of "how to select the GPU from the integrated menu" ? (which you can enable and disable via the Nvidia panel)

yes, i do it directly on the dslauncher.exe
nvidia GPUs have (or at least mines has) an application that shows how many and which applications use the GPU. freelancer only shows up on the list when i select the "high-performance NVIDIA processor"

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - OllO - 05-04-2019

mate. i had the same issue with my laptop. thing is Some WHQL updates for nvidia has this problem. The only way to solve this was to re install the windows and ofc the Graphic card . But dont update it Or find an update with Actually switching between graphic cards for older devices. Also when you use a higher version of Windows like 10 or 8 , this issue tends to happen more.

RE: Freelancer running with Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - Matt1656 - 06-17-2019

I have the same issue, but with AMD. I set both the launcher and the game exe in the driver to use the on-board Radeon instead of the ***** Intel iGPU. no luck so far.

Oversized images resized. ~Vex