Discovery Gaming Community
Hello Discovery! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello Discovery! (/showthread.php?tid=169676)

Pages: 1 2

Hello Discovery! - Medium Tea - 04-13-2019

Hello!

I'll start by saying that I'm not entirely new. I was fairly active about a decade ago. I've forgotten most everything though so I'm not interested in getting my old account back or anything like that. I've been enjoying the new player experience so far, from the bits I remember it is much improved! In general, I am blown away by the progress that's been made with the quality of this mod. I am giddy that it is still around, that you're still around. Hello again, Disco crew and community.

I'm from UTC -7:00, I know most of you are from other timezones far from my own, but if you're close to UTC -7:00 let me know. I'm running on barely-in-range WiFi lately so I'm going to be doing nothing but trading and smuggling, if you catch me you can expect an easy time - my primary character at the moment is a pacifist.

If you represent Gateway| or Natio Octavarium, lets talk! I've been lurking the forums for about a week trying to absorb all I can about faction interactions, lore, etc, and these two factions caught my attention.

I hope to see you all in space.

RE: Hello Discovery! - Megaera - 04-13-2019

Welcome Smile

RE: Hello Discovery! - TheShooter36 - 04-13-2019

I am GMT+3 and Gateway| 2iC right now. Add me on discord TheShooter36#8019 and lets talk afterwards. And welcome back!

RE: Hello Discovery! - Sombs - 04-13-2019

Welcome back to Discovery! You'll see, or probably have seen already, that everything and nothing has changed since your last visit, which is good and bad. The game is currently getting more and more streamlined in a direction, although not everyone agrees with that one.

That being said, and even despite the massively decreased player numbers, Discovery is still alive and kicking and there is a lot of things to do both for faction players and especially for lone wolfs. RP quality is high, people are nice as long as you don't make bold statements or try to stand out with exotic stuff and if you don't get too involved into factions, you can enjoy more fun than salt here.

Make sure you have read the rules at least once and otherwise, get some money and buy yourself a bunch of ships! Have fun and see you in the game! Smile

RE: Hello Discovery! - Champ - 04-13-2019

Welcome back! Excellent avatar choice. My ANZLAG heart goes out to you and your awful connection :'(

RE: Hello Discovery! - Megaera - 04-13-2019

Also, why a medium tea?

RE: Hello Discovery! - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-13-2019

helloloooooooooooo

RE: Hello Discovery! - Enkidu - 04-13-2019

Nomad war, Levelled score, Liberty's under marshal law,

Bretonia found a minefield, Battlestar's getting real

AI wars, Zoner drama, retcon of Alabama

Xenos lack a shipline, Communism's doing fine

Player bases, Pay the reaver, all the returners and the leavers

SNAC nerf, balance magic, admin abuse.

Natio Octavarium, VWA's never coming back again

343, battle tea, Canaria lost its sovereignty!

(We didn't start the fire, It was always burning since the world was turning....)

Order's sold their battleships,

Lady Red's seductive lips

Corsairs eat people

Repair ships just don't heal!

Can't drop nanobots

Superheavy cheap shots

Inports getting axed

Docking-modules detached

New events, old events, leaks spoiling suspense

Bombardment of Toledo

Kruger shot a depot!

(We didn't start the fire, It was always burning since the world was turning....)

Outcasts think Italia's classy

Rheinland's sorta' a nazi

Shooter's jumping battleship

Hess-Coalition at the hip

Union does their own thing

Kusari lost their old king

Got nowhere else to go.

Dragon factions always die

Justin still wonders why

hundred-billion credit battleships

Moderator thread snips!

Don't know if Alley told a lie

Community still scraping by

Great mod, strange people

Drugs are still illegal!

RE: Hello Discovery! - Lythrilux - 04-13-2019

The name seems familiar but I may be misremembering. Either way, welcome.

RE: Hello Discovery! - Alexander 'Whisper' Johnson - 04-14-2019

Welcome!