Discovery Gaming Community
OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) (/showthread.php?tid=169705)

Pages: 1 2

OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Yoshida - 04-14-2019

[Image: MAY9iLM.png]
[click to read more]

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Brutus Clay - 04-15-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Brutus.Clay.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 4a.png][Image: 6.png]
[Image: 13.png][Image: 24.png][Image: 30.png][Image: 43.png]

If only there was a word in the English language to describe people who sell their kind to the highest bidder, just for profit.
Oh well.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Doc Holliday - 04-15-2019

From his escape, Doc catches the transmission. He has no issues with OSI but he new the Bretonian takeover of Gran Canaria would cause a problem. He remembers the words of Gerard VonCloud that he said to them, "Enjoy your new masters."
"New masters I guess," he says to himself.
Then he reads the part of Lane Hackers getting a hold of the story. "Uh-oh. If they are not happy with you...."
He turns off the com and goes back to splitting wood.

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Reeves - 04-15-2019

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"N/A - Open Channel">
Reg: ""<people who sell their kind>""

Oh.

But there is a word for people who would sell their fellow man for a fat stack of credits. We know these people to be the Republic of Liberty. The Government. It's good to know the Aristocracy in our own backyard isn't the only plague in the Sector. It should come as no surprise that these self-styled Aristocrats will be welcomed with Particles and Anti-matter should they cross the border.

""Suppose we're whalers now""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Enkidu - 04-15-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: kDob6sC.jpg?2]
G.Riehl

Incoming Transmission
[Image: un_f1_UN.png]
Wedel Unioners Albedo Wings

To: This is pretty dumb.
Subject: Yah boo sucks to you.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

The woman on the screen appears genuinely disgusted with the mendacity of sirius, the universe, and the neuralnet generally.

“Y'know what?"

"Plug your outrage, softsuits."

"No two Zoners are the same. What, yer' gonna' frag a couple of Zunnies because they don't fit up to your estimation of what a Zoner should be? To make you feel better? Out of somekinda' purity test? You're gonna' kill a working joe over politics, over your own personal sense of morals about how you should earn a buck? Gimmie' a break. Heck, I'd lynch an Ingennus boffin as soon as I see the Frankensein-fracker, but I'm not lynching him over how he chooses to earn his mark, I'm lynching him because he's a bloody spongler with an Oedipus complex who likes to endanger his fellow man in gigantic cloaking colony ships. "

"Hardass zero-sum yes-men sucking up to one another and handing out handjobs yessir'ee is how Sirius got this screwed in the first place. Any dumb piece of piss can condemn."

"I call a spade a spade and I call bullcrap bullcrap. You know what this is? It's a bloody spade. it shovels the crap. Are you gonna' blame the tool or the person holding the tool?"

"Look. The Unioners were thrown into the garbage for doing our jobs, because of people yelling 'Burn the Worker', and not 'Burn the Man'. The Xeno's got it half-right, at least, till he decided to go on a moonshine fuelled Ahab-imitation."

"Jesus, people like these commentators probably shotgun the delivery driver if your Anicron-Prime delivery turns up to your doorstep half an hour late."

The birdclock croaked when it saw the sun, tethered to a spring.
G.Riehl.
Esprit wings.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Aazalot - 04-15-2019

[Image: 4048707_orig.jpg?169]
[Image: F4aFOw6.png]
-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --
* ID: Jerard Voncloud
* Subject: Fake News
* Priority : 5
Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

I don't see any announcement
All i see is a photo of an OSI trade ship at New London.
So they chose to accept the annexation and carry on with their lives? Big Deal, they arn't the only one's.
Ill go take a picture of a Gallic Battleship in front of New London and State that Peace has been made between Gallia and Bretonia. Obviously that's how news is done these days.
Give me a break.
Jerard Voncloud - Zoner Consensus - Pygar Colonisation Coordinator

Message Ended
-- Video feed terminated --
-- Secondary data log saved --

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Reeves - 04-15-2019

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"N/A - Open Channel">
Reg: ""<people who sell their kind>""

Miss Riehl.

Zoners? You've completely and utterly lost me. This article has nothing to do with the Zoners, it stands as firm fact that the Omicron Slavers Incorporated are not Zoners. Do not tarnish the banner of the free by associating them with this tumor of a corporation. The Zoner way of life is community, not the heedless pursuit of profit margins and most certainly not the bending of a knee to an "authority".

I have no qualms with men doing good, honest work. But if the reality of your "work" requires the sacrifice of someone else's livelihood, someone else's freedom, then you're a deplorable human being. I'm surprised your highly-sensitive leftist clique of activists are so ready to support rampant corporate exploitation. You've forgotten where you stand on the spectrum. Another participant in the growing line of sell-outs.

I don't hate the men for what they do, I don't hate them for what they look like, sound like or believe in. I hate them for what they unquestioningly set in motion by being good little sheep. By forgetting to question, by forgetting to think or even speak their mind. The core tenets of real Liberty.

Anicron delivery boys are not accessories to human trafficking, appropriation of private property or extortion. I fail to see the correlation attempting to be made here, but perhaps I'm giving your capacity to provide logical analogies a little too much credit. The OSI specialty appears to be moral duplicity and yours seems to be failure.

""Freedom or death - A simple choice""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Miller - 04-15-2019

Incoming message
Comm ID: M.Elliot

You got to tell me who's your stylist, Cobra. That wave in your painted silver hair ain't natural.

Message end

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - NoMe - 04-15-2019

sender; an indie zoner

incoming transmission

OSI can dock in house space with the whale, more the bretonians are not at war with us, it's sure they have annexed our planet, but why?

if you have the answer, you know why!

Bretonia Police Guard

com out

RE: OSI Announces Record Profits after the Annexation! (open for replies) - Dark_Knight - 04-15-2019

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: uVXtPvM.jpg]
To: OSI
Ship: Bodhi
Subject: Celebration of Profits
Encryption: Average
Although companies have a right to express their celebrations of record high profits yes, I do not see the wisdom of displaying such a disregard of the pain and misery that many Zoners have felt due to the annexation of Gran Canaria. Some Zoners are still suffering from that decision and your callous display is worrying, not just for showing little tact but also in a marketing standpoint for future. I have no disdain for OSI, but I do have disdain for unwise or odd decisions you have made here. You are opening yourself up to ridicule and perhaps inciting more violence against you then if you had just kept quiet about your profit.

I only recommend, as someone who is a Zoner neutral that you refrain from making these types of announcements public, and merely keep them within your own board and shareholders. This way you can celebrate whilst also keeping yourself away from anyone willing to now target you for your own, hubris. Still, It's not me to decide what a large company does for itself.

Yours sincerly, Sun Koken.

Message End