Discovery Gaming Community
Revert Mission Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Revert Mission Changes (/showthread.php?tid=169944)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Revert Mission Changes - Lythrilux - 04-23-2019

These changes were neither good nor well thought out. And let's the honest, Antonio's thread which was the driving force behind these changes ONLY analysed Corsair missions in Xi, which people +1 without really reading into the issue in depth. So the dozens of other faction/system/ship mission combinations recieved sweeping changes when the problem was with a specific instance.

And the funny thing? Xi is still great. Legates just swapped to nightmares, and whilst it's a bit more inconvenient now, it's still doable and profitable. Meanwhile missions elsewhere got shat on; factions with only access to light battleships especially (they can't use quad nightmares, hurricanes are the only way they can do missions, and they cost a huge amount of now). Let's be real: there has been a noticeable decline in system activity since these changes, and have we really seen traders flock back to the lanes since the changes, as it was implied missions were "literally killing" trading? No, we have not. The issue with lack of traders was unrelated to missions, and are part of a wider issue. Killing another form of money making and activity isn't going to fix that.

Please evert difficulty changes, revert hurricane price hike, and anything else that was changed in the feverish misguided pursuit of nerfing missions. Balance Xi INDIVIDUALLY if it's required, instead of applying sweeping changes that render missions inconvenient for some, and non-viable for everyone else.

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Kalhmera - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 09:24 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: These changes were neither good nor well thought out. And let's the honest, Antonio's thread which was the driving force behind these changes ONLY analysed Corsair missions in Xi, which people +1 without really reading into the issue in depth. So the dozens of other faction/system/ship mission combinations recieved sweeping changes when the problem was with a specific instance.

And the funny thing? Xi is still great. Legates just swapped to nightmares, and whilst it's a bit more inconvenient now, it's still doable and profitable. Meanwhile missions elsewhere got shat on; factions with only access to light battleships especially. Let's be real: there has been a noticeable decline in system activity since these changes, and have we really seen traders flock back to the lanes since the changes, as it was implied missions were "literally killing" trading? No, we have not. The issue with lack of traders was unrelated to missions, and are part of a wider issue. Killing another form of money making and activity isn't going to fix that.

Please evert difficulty changes, revert hurricane price hike, and anything else that was changed in the feverish misguided pursuit of nerfing missions. Balance Xi INDIVIDUALLY if it's required, instead of applying sweeping changes that render missions inconvenient for some, and non-viable for everyone else.

+1

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Saronsen - 04-23-2019

yeah nothing to add here

RE: Revert Mission Changes - nevrozac - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 09:26 AM)Kalhmera Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 09:24 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: These changes were neither good nor well thought out. And let's the honest, Antonio's thread which was the driving force behind these changes ONLY analysed Corsair missions in Xi, which people +1 without really reading into the issue in depth. So the dozens of other faction/system/ship mission combinations recieved sweeping changes when the problem was with a specific instance.

And the funny thing? Xi is still great. Legates just swapped to nightmares, and whilst it's a bit more inconvenient now, it's still doable and profitable. Meanwhile missions elsewhere got shat on; factions with only access to light battleships especially. Let's be real: there has been a noticeable decline in system activity since these changes, and have we really seen traders flock back to the lanes since the changes, as it was implied missions were "literally killing" trading? No, we have not. The issue with lack of traders was unrelated to missions, and are part of a wider issue. Killing another form of money making and activity isn't going to fix that.

+1

+1

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Champ - 04-23-2019

Missions should be accessible to the people who want to do them, and proportionally profitable.

Minding that being in E6 might not bring the same important activity that traders would.

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Sniper - 04-23-2019

I wasn't aware the missions were changed. I could not understand why I was getting low challenging missions.
Now I know. Good to know.

RE: Revert Mission Changes - TheShooter36 - 04-23-2019

Even if you have a heavy battleship, some mission combinations such as CR vs OC missions (or vice versa) are some of the hardest ones due to both factions ships putting immense amounts of DPS with cruisers and battlecruisers, let alone light BS spawns that are hard to hit and still damage you heavily and lack of enemy sell points makes it very hard and unviable for both factions.

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Lythrilux - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 10:05 AM)Champ Wrote: Missions should be accessible to the people who want to do them, and proportionally profitable.

Minding that being in E6 might not bring the same important activity that traders would.

It's different strokes. An Outcast Battleship grinding missions may not create an interaction for a Liberty Rogue sitting on a lane in New York, however it does create the opportunity for counter-play by a hostile faction who want a pvp interaction, or simply want to steal the mission loot. At the end of the day, it all contributes to raising the player count. Nerfing either aspect in the pursuit of improper balance is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Also, I feel like working towards a battleship so that you can do missions with it feels like one of the closest things we have, or had, to an endgame. I recall working my ass off on the lanes for a Legate several years ago, so that I could grind missions in Gamma. I also recall regularly being pounced upon by player Core destroyers who wanted my loot.

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Champ - 04-23-2019

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I think difficult missions as an endgame are great, they should be available in the less-friendly systems or at highly militarised stations.

Easier missions / missions suited for smaller ships should also be available. Every mission does not need to accommodate this denominator.

People should not be prevented from accessing missions because they haven't yet got enough, nor because it would present no challenge or benefit.

RE: Revert Mission Changes - Lythrilux - 04-24-2019

As a suggestion It'd actually be really cool if we could remove credit splitting of the reward as well. That way, it'd actually encourage larger co-op participation in missions.