Discovery Gaming Community
Velvet - Join us today! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Velvet - Join us today! (/showthread.php?tid=169953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Velvet - Recruitment (iRP) - devito - 08-11-2019

In Roleplay Section

• Your Name:
    Reiner Braun
  • Date Of Birth:
    26/5/803
  • Place of birth:
    Planet New Berlin
  • Why do you want to join Velvet?
    Both to provide protection for myself, and the others that are in similar situation as I once was.
  • Short biography:
    I guess I will skip the boring part for now... Certain.. things led to my exile from Rheinland, and I escaped to the border worlds, hoping to live a free and adventurous life.

It was not long ago until I realized that life in the border worlds is nothing like I expected. My ship was shot down just after a few days by an Outcast party, and they tractored my pod in, probably hoping to sell me as a slave or something. They took me to their home planet, Malta I believe. I knew I didn't have much time. I needed to escape before I get addicted to that cardamine shit that was even in their atmosphere. While no one was looking, I made a run for one of their Sabres, and I flew it as quickly as I could out of there.

After then I spent some time roaming around border worlds, sometimes running away from the fight, and sometimes taking it head on. I've been on the verge of death so many times, I don't even know how I stayed alive. I am not sure how long will my luck serve me, so I guess I should do something useful in my life. Help those poor souls that are caught in the middle.

Out Of Roleplay Section
  • Discord ID
    _babik_#9861
  • Links to story threads if applicable
  • Preferred ship classes
    Fighters/Transports
  • Have you ever been sanctioned, if so please provide links
    No
  • Do you agree to follow and be an exemplar of the rules?
    Yes

RE: Velvet - Recruitment (iRP) - Velvet - 08-12-2019

[Image: Velvet_V.png]
[Image: Zoners_Logo.png]

ID: HQ Division, Velvet Organisation
File: Velvet Recruitment
Subject: Reiner Braun.

Mr Braun
Your recent application for Velvet has been reviewed and approved by us. Your abilities and experience appear suitable to the needs of Velvet. We are all welcoming to everyone, regardless of nationality or happenstance. First thing you should do, is talk to anyone in Velvet Command for your new position, tasking and mission. For now, thank you very much for this application and welcome to the team.

You have hereby been Accepted

Welcome to Velvet! Report to Freeport 11 / Corfu Base for assignment orders and a medical that will assess your general health as well as competencies.

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Bannorn - 08-25-2019

In Roleplay Section

• Your Name:
    Kayleigh Bowers
  • Date Of Birth
    Unkown day, 800AS
  • Place of birth
    Ames Research Station
    After growing up on Ames and living a safe life, I decided it was time to go out and look at what life outside the safety of house and corporate space. After making my way to Omicron Theta, I settled for a bit on Freeport 9, making supply drops to and from the more local stations. In the past three months, I've been helping with the colonization efforts of Planet Pygar, and after speaking to a subordinate of Jerard Voncloud, was told about the work that the Velvet organisation was going. Despite even out here in the omicrons, I've lived a very sheltered life. So joining the growing Velvet Organisation is one of the ways I can experience the danger and excitement my heart yearns for.
  • Short biography:
    My dad worked as the security on the docking bays, he was just a standard security guard, nothing interesting. My mum... Well, she left me when I was about 4 years old. I've not seen or heard anything form her. When I set off and headed off on my own, there was not even a mysterious message. So as far as I know and care, she's dead. After leaving Ames, I spent most of my time Freelancing, looking for work. Sadly, when you're one of many people trying to do the same thing, experience is what is looked for, which even now, I still lack. I spent several years working around house space, doing what was necessary to make it in life. Some things I'm not proud of, but I won't go into that here. More than anything, after everything that has happened... It was time for a new start. For now, lets just say after working closely with the Zoner population, I think I've found were I belong. The wars in the Omicrons are a great way for me to see what my true calling is, and if it isn't that, I can at least keep finding what else is out there.

Out Of Roleplay Section
  • Discord ID
    You already have it. BTW, #DHCTakeover #VelvetRightfulDHCClay
    That's a negative, Ghost Rider. New character and all that.
  • Preferred ship classes
    Anything really.
    Nope. I is gut boi.
    Well we need some non-REMFs to lead by example.

Thanks to @Immo for drafting an appropriate velvet char for me. Also U Sux Immo, corrected your mistake about velvet ownership Wink

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Velvet - 08-26-2019

[Image: wWDBvtl.png]

Subject: Kayleigh Bowers.

Mrs Braun
Thankyou for your application, we have examined and approved it. Your attitude and excitement is what Velvet needs as long as you listen to Command. You will have to find yourself a tasking and position within Velvet itself but for now welcome to Velvet, we hope you can find yourself within our ranks..

Welcome to Velvet! Report to Freeport 11 / Corfu Base for assignment orders and a medical that will assess your general health as well as competencies.

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Yazov - 09-07-2019

In Roleplay Section

• Your Name:
    Tasha Tectretius.
  • Date Of Birth
    31st of October, 799 A.S.
  • Place of birth
    Clermont-Ferrand, planet Metz, Lorraine, Gallic Sovereign space.
    She searches for a new purpose to commit herself to, and to find the refuge from the ghosts of the past.
  • Short biography:
    Tasha was a promising mineralogy student that never got to finish her studies: the minefields have been breached, and the Gallic conquest have begun. Following an impulse of unwavering partiotism, Dominique de Belmond have abandoned the studies at the university and followed the steps of her second cousin, Emilie-Sophie, to the front. Or so she hoped: while her elder sister was assigned to the actual frontline shortly after she got enlisted - Dominique was assigned back to her homeworld Metz as a part of the local law enforcement - giving a greenhorn volunteer to actually earn some skills prior to being sent into combat. So she never actually got to see the first skirmishes of a decade-long victorious march of the Royal Navy. Her deployment to the front lines have been delayed until the 824-825 A.S. period, when the preparations for the New London blitz have been commenced, and additional personnel was recalled from the core worlds to the frontlines. What Dominique desired for have happened.
    The end of the war caught her stranded - not feeling like returning to the Royalists, surrendering to Bretonia was not an option either - giving them a benefit of doubt and expecting them to be kind to who is, in fact, a person commited war crimes against their people. Dominique went even further in assuring she disappears from their sight, abandoning her past name and staying as far from Bretonia as possible.

Out Of Roleplay Section
  • Discord ID
    Hoshii#5863
    Only provide links if necessary
  • Preferred ship classes
    VHF/Bombers.
    No sanctions in the past 6 months.
    Rules are made to be broken! But sure, i'll follow them to the letter.

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Velvet - 09-08-2019

Subject: Tasha Tectretius.

Seeing as you've changed your name, we will do you the honour of acknowledging this, as you won't be the first, nor the last, who has sought freedom within our ranks. As we are unfamiliar with Gallic customs, we will have to request that none of their technology is brought to our organisation. Now, onto the important details. We trust you have cut all ties with the Gallic forces, as even with our distaste of the Bretonians, they never did deserve what happened on New London and Leeds. As you are starting a fresh, we trust you are familiar with who we are, what we do and that you will be fighting? Either way, get yourself accustomed to life on Freeport 11 and Corfu, get yourself a new ship which will be covered by our organisation. Should you have any questions, Tia Stormclaw will be able to assist, and if you can't get hold of her, seek any advice needed from any other Velvet member.

Welcome to The Velvet Organisation! Report to Freeport 11 or Corfu Base for assignment orders and a medical that will assess your general health as well as competencies.

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Herbst - 09-25-2019

In Roleplay Section

• Your Name:
    Sonia Lichtenstein also known as Katja Herbst
  • Date Of Birth
    19.06.798 A.S.
  • Place of birth
    Planet Munich, Federal Republic of Rheinland
    Ich bin annoyed viz peeple wer believe that "Nomads" do in fakt exist. Ich vill to zing une month kontrakt, bitt- pleaze dizlokate mich in plaze vhere peeple zpread most rumors about' ze "Nomads". Ich vant to make zure zat none of zem exist.
  • Short biography:
    Ich had to leewe Rheinland due to polikal' reazons. Mich vater und muter vere a part of ze Bundschuh movement. Ich did not vant to keep on zeir struggle, but ich cound't stay either. Ich vent to ze Omegas and zen to Bretonia. Finding ever'y werk ich could find. Ich vas a kontraktor fur Auxesia und BHG|, but even zen ich couldn't faind any "Nomads". Ich hav' a gut experinece in fighters' und kan perform a transportfuhrer duty. Mich une month kontrakt money vill pay off, ich assure you.

Out Of Roleplay Section

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Velvet - 09-25-2019

[Image: Velvet_V.png]

Subject: Sonia Lichtenstein also known as Katja Herbst.

Now, having two names is always nice, but here's thee thing, we don't really know who to address this to. Not to mention, understanding what you sent was a bit hard to follow. Either way, we will teach you proper etiquette and pronunciation to that others can better understand you. Now, as far as we see, you have a long standing history, which may or may not play into our favour. Now, we don't accept people on a short term 'loan' or contract. So, here's what we can offer you. You join us, and fight by our side. We will prove to you that these 'Nomads' exist. Who knows, you might find out you're worth more than a month contract. To be fair, the reason you didn't see anything while you were contracted by Auxesia is because... Well, what little we know, they aren't exactly 'Nomad Hunters' so to speak. Even then, Nomads are just one of the areas we deal with. We work not just against Nomads, but also to keep civilian populations safe from the never ending wars and conflicts of Sirius, predominantly in the Edge Worlds.

Now, our response has been long enough, so we will tell you now, join us, and it's a long term agreement and a new way of life. If not, you're not going to last long as part of a professional military.

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Mark_Brown - 03-09-2020

In Roleplay Section

• Your Name:
    April.Whitmore
  • Date Of Birth
    (Jun-10th - 27 years old)
  • Place of birth
    Freeport 11
    My father was a Zoner, my grandfather was a zoner and I'm walking in their footsteps only wanting to join the best security team the zoners have to offer, to be on the front line in defence of human traffic, and slowing nomad infrastructure in the Omicrons.
  • Short biography:
    On turning 27, I've processed many security issues as a civilian on-site security officer for Freeport 11. I've watched traffic for many of years through the window of our operations center and seen Velvet secure the external perimeter. I chose today to join, for the past 15 year I've been doing online research and schooling not feeling any benefit being docked constantly on Freeport 11 with a small paid job, challenge was easy and the money was only enough to cover docking privileges. After my father passed away 3 years ago in a fire-fight with a nomad no so far away from the Freeport, with the money he left behind I purchased a Fearless Destroyer and now mobilise myself freely outside the Freeport.

Out Of Roleplay Section
  • Discord ID
    Bellck#2021
    N\A yet
  • Preferred ship classes
    Own Fearless Destroyer, but will fly fighters,bombers, repairships
    Yes - 13 years ago, I was young to the server I learnt the hard way.
    Yes

RE: Velvet - Join us today! - Velvet - 03-10-2020

Subject: April Whitmore.

Mrs Whitmore
Thankyou for your application, we have read through it and approved it. We are always looking for new Zoner blood within our ranks, to defend out Freeports from Nomad threats and no-fire-zone violations. In time, we hope to see you rise through the ranks of Velvet in holding onto our Zoner values.