Discovery Gaming Community
I think I did a mistake. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: I think I did a mistake. (/showthread.php?tid=169999)

I think I did a mistake. - Exterminator - 04-26-2019

So, a bit ago I participated in a fight in Omicron Delta (gf!)

After quitting the game and checking stuff I saw this.

[Image: unknown.png]

I was sure I started Dxtory and clicked launch after 10 second timer was out... and yet this screen has appeared, so I was really surprised to see this window in a bad way after closing the game.
Maybe I really forgot it, I am not sure at this point. With this, it's possible I have jittered, but noone has notified me about it, neither my wingmates nor enemies.

So in case I was jittering, it was an accident and I apologise to the players who may have been affected by it. I hope it hasnt caused me to be too much harder to hit than I should have been.
If I was not jittering, that makes things even better. I just wanted to let you know and get rid of this uneasy feeling of realising I may have cheated by accident.

Thank you for reading and have an image of a random cat that visits me.

[Image: jl3dHdX.jpg]

RE: I think I did a mistake. - Shelco - 04-26-2019

I think Disco caps FPS by itself for some time now, was implemented in some patch, so you should be fine.

RE: I think I did a mistake. - Exterminator - 04-26-2019

Well, I went to test it in game with a fps indicator on. I usually limit it to 120fps, which has worked. After disabling the limiter on Dxtory, this was the result:

[Image: AYT2xxj.png]

So I guess it doesn't :\

RE: I think I did a mistake. - Durandal - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:47 AM)Shelco Wrote: I think Disco caps FPS by itself for some time now, was implemented in some patch, so you should be fine.

This limiter is only functional on Windows 10 machines iirc, because the vanilla 60 fps cap only fails on Windows 10.

Re: not having dxtory on. Stuff happens, not really a big deal as long as it wasn't malicious.

RE: I think I did a mistake. - Shelco - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:20 AM)Durandal Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:47 AM)Shelco Wrote: I think Disco caps FPS by itself for some time now, was implemented in some patch, so you should be fine.
This limiter is only functional on Windows 10 machines iirc, because the vanilla 60 fps cap only fails on Windows 10.

Thank you, tech-man Justin

I see, I'm running Windows 7, thus the mod's limiter didn't work.
After this, it will be way harder to repeat the same mistake again. Big Grin
Thanks!

RE: I think I did a mistake. - nevrozac - 04-26-2019

not sure if any of you were jittery, i had lag spikes every now and then or its just that you guys were so very hard to hit while keeping distance from my gunboat. either way dont worry about it. had fun but i hope the people that ended up dying didnt get frustrated if they died as a result. hope to see yous again soon

I have indeed tried to keep the distance from your gunboat, I know how much it can hurt if I get too close. Your lagspikes might have helped us a bit, or rather made it harder for you to hit.
And the possible jittering might have done some work aswell, which I'm hoping it didn't since noone in my group has noticed it. We'll visit again, see you! Smile

RE: I think I did a mistake. - Wesker - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:09 AM)Exterminator Wrote: Well, I went to test it in game with a fps indicator on. I usually limit it to 120fps, which has worked. After disabling the limiter on Dxtory, this was the result:

[Image: AYT2xxj.png]

So I guess it doesn't :\

No one is really going to nail you on jittering unless they suspect you're doing it intentionally. I have come across dozens of people who jitter, I have sanctioned none of them since it was mostly a one time thing.