Discovery Gaming Community
New Systems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New Systems (/showthread.php?tid=170099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

New Systems - Durandal - 04-29-2019

There's been a lot of talk about this recently both within the community and within the development team. I am cautious here, as adding new systems goes against half a decade of conventional development wisdom, but I'm interested in what everyone else has to say about it. Please post thoughts/concerns below, especially if you voted yes with stipulations.

RE: New Systems - Timinator - 04-29-2019

Good idea, but only if theyre worth exploring. Like independent worlds which are really worth the visit.(no need for more New Yorks Tongue)

RE: New Systems - Spectre - 04-29-2019

As I've said before, having new systems would give people the chance to actually discover tings in Disco once more. But Tim has a very solid point. Make them worth exploring, instead of just having a slightly special gas giant with a slightly less dense core than every other gas giant. Special Nomad structures, special long forgotten outposts. There's no need to expand things to have their own systems (unless it genuinely makes sense gameplay and lore-wise), and condensing systems to have more in tighter spaces might be good too.

It's all very situational, and needs to have stipulations on where things can and cannot go.

But overall, I find this juicy.

RE: New Systems - nevrozac - 04-29-2019

yes please fix the omicron and omega situation with the addition and removal of certain sitems
-add what could be useful and have a point of interest
-redesign current wrecks of horrible systems like minor or chi. re-purpose lost and give it some value
-remove transit systems like omega 58 and make it branch out of omega 55 instead of forcing people to go through it. if people want to visit garbage like 58, let them, but dont force everyone to use that system when its so goddamn terrible

RE: New Systems - Mephistoles - 04-29-2019

No. No to new systems.

Yes to a new system. As we all know and has been argued to death, we are the last legs of this game and players should be concentrated into activity hubs to compensate for this. New, pointless systems that serve no purpose other than to expand the mod made perfect sense a decade ago, but now we have to be a lot more careful with what we do.

But there are loads of cool fancy things that we can do with this game these days, and I see no reason for this not to be explored. It's hard to say how exactly this should be executed, which I suppose would require a longer conversation, but I think a new, fancy system with a specific purpose every now and then would be entirely constructive.

RE: New Systems - Backo - 04-29-2019

I don't think we need new systems when we already have more systems than players online on average.

RE: New Systems - Couden - 04-29-2019

Return Cayman

RE: New Systems - Timinator - 04-29-2019

Maybe this could even be used for a specific thing. like the return to the "Sol" system and be event based. and be deleted after(ik this is tricky due to disco mechanics but i bet theres some solution).

RE: New Systems - Sombs - 04-29-2019

+ Jump-only systems
+ No-station systems, preferably multiple in a row so an expedition could be made
+ Maybe use some of the stuff I submitted, be it the starspheres or anything else, so my time wasn't fully wasted when I was asked to design new uncharteds.

RE: New Systems - Durandal - 04-29-2019

We're never adding Sol, temporarily or otherwise.