Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Junker Congress - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Junker Congress (/showthread.php?tid=170352)

To: The Junker Congress - Friendly-Freelancer - 05-08-2019

[Image: scrapyard-70908-640.jpg]

From, A-Friendly. Rouge Ahoy. So, not really In a happy mood, as you can tell what I see before me. 'Lot of people tell me that this is just a pile of shit. I tell them, to you that may be true. But I see at least two things in here. Money for someone, and with a little bit of my own elbow grease. *He picks up one of the piles of scrap shows it to the camera, and throws it behind him* A rather large investment.

Long message shorty, I see you fella's running around. *Quietly* Not often tho. In This Be'u't. And was wondering if I could get some help down here in this yard. And a teaching of think or two about building my own. In Rogue style of course. *He pauses and facepalmed* Where are my Manors. Names Kevin Ba'ken. Rogue, of the Liberty Rogues.

::: Not Just Hounds of Hell :::
:: Or Dog's of the underworld::
: Just THE wolf pack :

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Tenseiken - 05-13-2019

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH SECURITY

COMMUNICATION INITIATED

[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

VISUAL LINK ESTABLISHED

[Image: Lrvfg9Q.jpg]

Yeah. Alright, is this thing on? Okay. Everything seems to be in working order.

This is Rell Harrow, Congressman.

Good day there Mister… ehm… Ah here. Mister Ba’ken.
I was told to handle this. And so I will. Alright. From what I gathered from your message, you have found a lot of scrap metal that contains many different kinds and qualities. Most of what I see are rather simple remains of commercial vehicles and different pieces of furniture and electronics. There’s probably some value in that. You’re free to deliver it to your nearest Junker base. They’ll surely take it off your hands for a fair price. Some even offer to come by and pick it up for you, but that will result in a smaller profit for you due to the transportation costs. What you have there seems to be multiple tons of material waiting to be recycled. I do encourage you to do so.

Now onto your other request. From what I’ve been told, the Congress and the Liberty Rogues are, if not friends, then at least allies. So helping you out isn’t out of the question. Let my check my documents really quick.

Ah, here.
Your request was processed and found to be acceptable, once it was understood. That seemed to have taken a while. Anyway. I will help you. Well, truth be told, I will help you organize getting help from capable people who know how said help would work. I’ve been sent a couple of documents and files that we’ll need to go over and that you’ll need to give your consent and signature to.

First and foremost, if you ever get caught by official forces or, void forbid, incarcerated, this conversation never happened. The congress never talked to you and you stole what we’re about to help you create. Sadly, I can’t give you a choice in this matter. It’s politics. … I never liked politics. Anyway, moving on.

Secondly, you are to never disclose the actual origin of said equipment to anyone, unless you are given specific permission by an Arbiter of the Congress. That means that my word or the word of another Junker isn’t good enough. Furthermore, this permission must be given on a case by case basis, meaning that you will need to ask every time you want to tell someone.

Thirdly, while we will help you in your venture, we aren’t a charity group. The engineers at Vieques Shipyard do have a few leftover pieces that can be used, but you will need to procure and deliver the majority of the required building components yourself.

Do you agree to these terms?
Please agree to the terms. It’d make my day a whole lot easier.

COMMUNICATION ON HOLD; AWAITING REPLY

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Friendly-Freelancer - 05-17-2019

[Image: scrapyard-70908-640.jpg]

Sorry, M't bout the 'ng reply, Matters not 'y. Just know that your's t'uly is sorry. P'ease call me Kevin we all fr'ns here. *Reads over the Transmission again* Already got people working on the r'vle of the Scrap-Scrap. *He grins* Ni'e as long as it does not in've my soul. 'Da Pack already got that. *Chuckles* Done, 'Et Convo? Equ'tment? A't this never 'append? *Looking around making sure no one is reading* Credit's currently not a problem, and Good thing I can use the Bar's Tra'port to Bring-in Whatever c...comp...duhickies ya need! Just give t's Kid a list and I'll get it to ya lickt'y Splity.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Tenseiken - 05-17-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

I'm going to treat that as a yes.
Remember that, while we are very much willing to help, we would like to remind you that breaking these terms and conditions will result in unpleasentness.

You ask for a list, and a list is exactly what I have for you.
Like I said before, the engineers have a few leftover parts that can be used.
As for the rest, please do make sure that you are not seen docking at or undocking from any of our bases by anyone during your travels other than by other Junkers. We currently are in a delicate position and must make sure to keep certain people happy who would rather see us gone. Please do not sabotage this, or we will be required to bar you entrance from our installations in the future. This isn't my choice, it's politics. I did mention that I don't like politics, didn't I. Anyway.

Back to the task at hand. Let me see what kind of... oh dear. Well, this isn't a list. It's more of a short novel that the engineers sent to me. I'll just try to get the most relevant information out of this and relay it to you.

Okay.
We require you to fly in 8000 unity of manifolds as a basic working material. These can be purchased from different Junker bases. If you are on good terms with our more exclusive facilities, you can grab them from Culebra Smelter in Puerto Rico for a low price. If you aren't, then you will need to bring them from our operations in New Berlin, though the price will be much higher there. This could be a chance to show us how deep your alliance with the Junkers truly runs, eh? ... Yeah. That was my attempt at a joke. Let's not try that again. Moving on!
For the more sturdy internal parts of the ship, we also need 2000 units of basic alloy. While manifolds are a good base, this will be as close to a military grade vessel as we can produce and some parts simply require standard material. Your best option here would probably be Allentown Base in Pennsylvania or, if you dare the exposure for the cheaper price, the Zoner's Bethlehem Station in the same system.
Due to the impurities in the manifolds, we also require 1000 boron in order to reinforce and meld the ingots with other materials. We wouldn't want the construction to fail due to a micro fissure, now would we? Boron is available for purchase at our base in New York, not too far from Planet Manhattan.
Now, these material have been for internal construction. We also need 4000 reinforced alloy for the outer hull as well as the ship's reactor. This should be easy to procure. The people at Freeport 2 in Bering sell it quite cheaply.
Next up are 500 units of h-fuel. These are required to get the reactor going. You will need to supply additional fuel for your own travels, but these 500 units are simply part of the construction process. I believe your own people export this from their base in California. Alternatively, you can get it from our people in Texas or, once again, from the Junker installation or even the Zoners in Pennsylvania. If you want it for a low price, you will need to go and meet up with the Mollies in Newcastle. Are you still allies? I hope so, as it would save you quite a bit of money.
Now, the next bit is 10 units of gravity field stabilizers. These are expensive and your only viable source is Thunder Bay Depot in Ontario. These are required for the creation of an artificial gravity field inside the ship, as well as for the construction of the reactor.
We will also need something to parse the data between ship systems. The engineers wrote down a lot of different options that don't seem to be available to you. Let me... No wait, here. They gave an alternative. You will require 500 bio-neural arrays. Your own group seems to sell those in the Alberta system. You could grab those and the gravity field stabilizers on the same trip. Just an idea.
Now, the final piece of the puzzle consists of 1000 units of ablative armor plating. These are required in order to reinforce the hull. After all, this is supposed to be a heavily armoured craft. Few places sell these and your only viable source seems to be the Valetta Shipyard all the way in Omicron Alpha. Maybe you could work out a deal with the Outcasts? It's gonna be a long trip otherwise.
While I am sure that you have other means of obtaining these items, these seemed to be the most obvious to me.

I'm gonna condense that a bit further.
8000 Manifolds
2000 Basic Alloy
1000 Boron
4000 Reinforced Alloy
500 H-Fuel
10 Gravity Field Stabilizers
500 Bio-neural Arrays
1000 Ablative Armor Plating

All of these materials are to be delivered to Vieques Shipyard in Puerto Rico. You will need to bring proof of delivery, so that the dock workers know whose goods these are.
Good luck!

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Friendly-Freelancer - 06-06-2019

So, Ke'n here. [Image: thm_phpHcdVNB.jpg]

only more than a few day's thanks to Bering. . But g't it finished.*He think's while walking around* Sh'd I br'n'ere? Also, Seem's one 'urret is Hard-bolted to it. 'nt got a problem with it, but I'd like to see about what I can do or I guess cost to put/buy/build some other equipment on it. **Maybe some missiles?** If ya be needing anything else, that I could use, or help with. I'm a call away.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Tenseiken - 06-10-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

I'm sorry to say that we have some trouble with the way you transmitted your proof of delivery.
We've had a few big deliveries coming in lately and the dockworkers kinda just piled crates upon crates upon crates. Now we need to figure out who brought in what.
I'd greatly appreciate it if you could transfer your delivery manifests in a more transparent fashion, so that we can sort this out quickly and efficiently.

Considering your additional request, we can check if we have any specific missile launchers available that would work with a Wrecker class vessel.
What kind of missile are we talking about? Are you trying to aim at fighters, or are hostile gunships your primary issue? There also are anti capital ship armaments, though these hardly classify as missiles anymore and are closer to torpedos in structure and agility.
If you tell us what exactly you are looking for, we can do a sweep of some of the barely used cargo bays and check what we can find for you.

Since we're talking armaments, are you also interested in purchasing our turrets or will you rather use the armaments that the Rogues themselves manufacture?
If you are interested in Junker turrets, then I am sure that the engineers at Vieques can supply you with a few units. According to my documents, we seem to usually have some spares and, considering the circumstances, I wouldn't know why you'd be prevented from purchasing these. We give you a full vessel already, so a few weapons to accompany that wouldn't be too outlandish.

Be aware that the terms and conditions you agreed to also extend to any armaments you purchase from us.

Kind Regards,
Rell Harrow, Congressman.