Discovery Gaming Community
POB Rules *Related Discussion* - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: POB Rules *Related Discussion* (/showthread.php?tid=170447)

Pages: 1 2 3

POB Rules *Related Discussion* - Mark_Brown - 05-11-2019

Hey guys,

So I've come out of my shell a bit from running a liberty corporation and decided to something different, and that was to build a neutral Freelancer station in the heart of Bering "That big stink of a red zone" in the middle of Liberty and Rheinland which turns out to be actually quite fun.

So we "group of 5" decided to come together and slap the base in F6, relatively away from all stations and jump holes. That being said, I didn't read the core upgrade two rule of: Bases located within 15k of mining fields will not be permitted to advance beyond Core 2. It was an oversight and mistake of my own, to start building the station there not thinking about the location towards the mining field, which is about 12/13k on average. I was sure to not place it next to the mining field as to let everyone have a fair grasp of some good money.

So I went ahead and asked the Disco Team devs gm's ext that yes I'm human and made a damn stupid mistake after creating a core 2 base, time is not something I take lightly.
My intentions was to create a Core 4 base and design and a Freelancer ID Faction called the "German Market People" and their HQ was the "German Market Place." A RP Story nobody has ever come up with in Discovery. Unfortunately due to the core 2 rule we was unable to build to core three, and subsequently the Disco Team as per rules rejected our upgrade offer.

So my initial reaction was, okay. I messed up bad. But, can we move the station? Again the Disco Team again rejected my offer and was wondering if the community would like this rule to change, obviously the 15k from a mining zone I actually agree with now I've thought about it and come to the terms with my mistake but I thought, well hang on it doesn't take much to actually move the base.

So my question and discussion I'd like with the community is should we push for a "POB Move Rule"
Where things like:

Base's can only be moved once per annum (With restrictions)

Base has to be within the same system it was built

Base has to be located within reasonable distance from lawful and unlawful bases in regards to the RP of the station.
(I.e a Liberty Rogues POB base couldn't sit outside Manhattan docking rings)

Base move request must be made with a valid reason or purpose I.e built station in wrong location or within the 15k mining zone block. (Not because you're not making enough money from it)

Base move request costs 500,000,000 Sirius Credits.

---

I wanted to move the station further away from the mining zone & although yes I'm the idiot for plonking it in the wrong place, should my time be wasted just to let the base rot only to once again spend hours upon hours dragging commodities from around the sirius sector to build another like for like station down the road, when a dev could just edit the position of the base.

Clearly this post is NOT against the GM or Dev team, as they've only replied within the current rules and conduct of the server. But I suggest we ask for a change. Freelancer isn't getting any younger nor is my spare time getting any longer.

Topic begins, please discuss

-- Oh and please be nice to each other --

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - Bannorn - 05-11-2019

Its an interesting idea, certainly... might very well be worth implementing. Moving bases is already possible - it has been done several times in recent memory - I believe the restriction was primarily to prevent abuse. Certainly there would need to be a process, with clear and undertandable reasons, or the GMs will spend the rest of time doing miniscule adjustments to base positions. In meantime there is the sci-data workaround or you could demolish and rebuild, but a proper review method like SRPs, etc would be beneficial, I think. As long as its supporting RP, rather than hindering it, should be good. Renames have been implemented, why not this?

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - SnakThree - 05-11-2019

It is sometimes odd how devs add, remove or move mining fields on their own when established factions and POBs have been there fore years.

But if you want to move your POB few clicks out of mining field so you could upgrade the core, no luck.

I would like to see some procedure to moving POB and depending on why and how much it is being moved, adjusting the RP requirements and/or price.

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - DSE|= - 05-11-2019

Mistakes can happen and PoB's have been moved to fix them. Huston International was an example. Moved from Alberta when the Dev's closed the platinum field to Texas it was encroaching on the SBC. One would call that a continuation of the PoB's move because of the impact on the game-play RP that caused the move in the first place.

Dev's don't move things (generally) because the RP changes, or mistakes are made etc. But a genuine change in RP situation due to game development changes would be reasonable.

Some of the thinking you put forward is worth thinking through.

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - NoMe - 05-12-2019

Just to say, are you talking about a certain base called german market place?

A core 4, it's not a simply installation, if i remember, it had to remain a small base, or no one had to shoot it! Smiles
It looks like now, I want to take up all the space!

i promise to not be jealous because i lost 6 years for nothing and tried to move my Core4

time are changing

An advice, build another, this could be faster maybe and it will bring some work for the commercial societys

Good luck

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - Greylock - 05-12-2019

I mean, as I said over Discord, since you can rename your POB every 6 months, I don't see a reason to not move the base at the same time. Simply renaming it without the ability to move defeats the purpose, unless the purpose is to fix an "Oh shoot, I did a typo. Oops, gotta wait 6 months to have that corrected."

Would be lovely to have my base renamed and moved, but I also got the lolno from GMs, so we're in a similar boat.

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - St.Denis - 05-12-2019

POB movement Requests were always done a case by case basis.

If a POB was severely disadvantage by a Dev change, then the Request was generally automatically allowed. This included such changes as having a POB being used an Ore Storage and the Mining Field being deleted or moved to another System (thus making the POB redundant). POBs have been moved to other Systems to allow them some continuity with their role.

In NoMe's instance, as I have explained to him a few times of the years, the Devs did a change and moved a Jump Hole. NoMe wanted his Base moved to another System and placed almost on top of the NPC Base that sold Base Supplies. Having investigated it was found that the moving the JH added another 60 seconds (can't remember exactly) to his journey time and therefore was not enough of a disadvantage to move his Base to where he wanted it.

As for people making mistakes, we are all human. A few Bases over the years have been moved due to this. It comes down to the Team, at the time, whether they are willing to spend the time looking in to it.

I still believe that moving of Bases should be done on a case by case basis, as if it becomes freely available, then I can see Bases being built in out-of -the-way places until they are safely built and then suddenly being moved to more populated areas once they have been deemed safe enough to move.

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - SnakThree - 05-12-2019

(05-12-2019, 09:34 AM)St.Denis Wrote: I still believe that moving of Bases should be done on a case by case basis, as if it becomes freely available, then I can see Bases being built in out-of -the-way places until they are safely built and then suddenly being moved to more populated areas once they have been deemed safe enough to move.
Move POB one system away per 6 months at the cost of 500M. Might be good middle grounds.

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-12-2019

I wonder, what if someone RP's a Battlegroup and uses the PoB as some kind of Battleship placement and then asks it to be moved as some sort of inRP placement of their "fleet" which would also act as a Mobile Base.

Guess if they could RP justify their moves like that plus what Snakfree said about 500M, it could be done. However about regular RPed Bases/Stations it's a tricky question.

RE: POB Rules *Related Discussion* - Vexykin - 05-12-2019

Well, I'm generally against moving PoBs.

PoB deployments should be final.
They should only be considered, if the development changes affect the base's location, like the way it is now. Moving Pobs around every 6 months would just be abusable in terms of getting your PoBs out of the harm's way.
Sometimes finding the location of the PoBs you are chasing can take up to multiple months to get acquainted with the routes suppliers take, and the names they use and which might constantly change, so it could be harming the overall gameplay.

If anything, PoB moves should be ridiculously expensive, like 4Billions, or like 1000 Sci-Data, or more, depending on the distance it needs to be moved.