Discovery Gaming Community
AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI Starter/Miner Ship? (/showthread.php?tid=170509)

Pages: 1 2 3

AI Starter/Miner Ship? - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-13-2019

I wanted to ask since Nomads have the Morph can't we implement a starter Ship which costs less than the actual AI Drone? Maybe we could fish something out from the Files like that first Harvester Drone which looks actually neat and small:

[Image: 2009102622570821Marfly.png]

This could also be used as a mining ship since AI's dont have any ship that is capable to mine rn but they have 3.0 mining bonus on Iridium and Azurite. Would be nice if we could rely on only AI tech instead of being forced to buy a Human ship.
(05-14-2019, 03:20 AM)Commissar SnakeLancer™ Wrote: Also giving it 4x Turret Slots 1xCD 1xCM would make it an excellent Light Fighter aswell. It could use the AI Auxilary Turret as some sort of light fighter guns and at the same time be able to mount 4x Light Mining Arrays to mine.

Edit by @eigos: Here's my quick attempt at making an AI Probe starter ship (could be good for mining).

AI Probe (Concept v0.1)(View in 3D)[Image: WUWRG]

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Rantari - 05-13-2019

or add a mining bonus to the existing drone. but another AI ship would be amazing even if it is recycled

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-14-2019

(05-13-2019, 10:05 PM)Rantari Wrote: or add a mining bonus to the existing drone. but another AI ship would be amazing even if it is recycled

Well the thing is the AI Drones value is a bit higher than an avarage light miner drone, this ship is also meant to be a starter ship so if you restart AI you'd start with this one.

Also giving it 4x Turret Slots 1xCD 1xCM would make it an excellent Light Fighter aswell. It could use the AI Auxilary Turret as some sort of light fighter guns and at the same time be able to mount 4x Light Mining Arrays.

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - TLI-Inferno - 05-14-2019

I like the idea.

The last bit isn't necessary; there are already Light Fighter gun mining arrays. I suggest giving it 4 Class 6 Gunslots that can also carry Class 9 Guns.

That is, unless some new AI LF guns are also implemented, which would be nice. In that case, it would only need Class 6 gunslots.

An AI Mining Freighter, and AI transport would also be neat. Along with AI Turrets for said transport.

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Couden - 05-14-2019

I like this idea.

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Groshyr - 05-14-2019

I like this idea, but could you use another model to AI mining unit, please? No need to necrophelia of 4.85 models

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - eigos - 05-14-2019

Trying my hands at a miner drone atm

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Rantari - 05-14-2019

Oh nice, can we get a sneak preview Smile

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - eigos - 05-14-2019

Sure thing, check the first post

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Rantari - 05-14-2019

Oh nice, you’ve gone for a completely different approach to what I had imagined but I actually quite like it, Smile