Discovery Gaming Community
AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI Starter/Miner Ship? (/showthread.php?tid=170509)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - TLI-Inferno - 05-15-2019

(05-14-2019, 10:53 PM)Laz Wrote: I find it amusing that you were in a chat with the HC of tC- and you said to us you weren't going to make ships for the AI, even when we offered to pay you. Your tune appears to have changed. You also said in that other thread you made, you weren't going to make ships unless they were already guaranteed to get into the game; but I digress.

Let's not make him regret changing his mind.

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - eigos - 05-15-2019

(05-14-2019, 10:53 PM)Laz Wrote: I find it amusing that you were in a chat with the HC of tC- and you said to us you weren't going to make ships for the AI, even when we offered to pay you. Your tune appears to have changed. You also said in that other thread you made, you weren't going to make ships unless they were already guaranteed to get into the game; but I digress.

And at the time, I said I got swamped with RL stuff, before leaving the chat and became unavailable. Since then, some things did change - I am currently actively working on some dev stuff, with members of the community (both from the dev team and outside of it).
If you wish to support my work (I have lots of ideas for the AI, which we can talk about), visit my Ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/G2G1V75L (might need to include that in my signature)

As for the current concept ship I drafted yesterday - it will stay a draft (and remain unfinished) until two things happen:
1.) it gets approved by the higher ups;
2.) it doesn't get community-rejected.

If the AI Probe gets greenlit to be finished, here are my long-term plans for AI (those are plans, they may or may not happen - it all depends on many things):
1.) cool guns with custom models;
2.) model animations;
3.) probably texture animations with glowing, flowing stuff;
4.) a dedicated quality texture pack for the AI line;
5.) custom ship rumble SFX;
6.) voice pack (I have files from an old russian game, which became freeware, published for free to download on the defunct creator's website);

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-04-2019

any progress on this?

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - eigos - 06-04-2019

nope, project is not greenlit

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - SnakeLancerHaven - 12-31-2019

welp can we at least have the camera ship as a starter like the fcNomad restart has? xd

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - AI Daoine Saoirse - 12-31-2019

You kind of forget that GAI can and do use human technology to suit their needs, The Dromedary is very suitable for mining and freighting, so why make their own. One must remember that it is very hard to get a Drone to have a conversation in a bar, as it is sentient. Having developed their own, much simplier for AI to make themselves in humanoid shapes to accommodate using human vessels.

GAI can use human gunboats, fighters and bombers.

I would love to see the AI able to use 4300 cargo transports.

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - SnakeLancerHaven - 12-31-2019

(12-31-2019, 06:58 AM)AI Daoine Saoirse Wrote: You kind of forget that GAI can and do use human technology to suit their needs, The Dromedary is very suitable for mining and freighting, so why make their own. One must remember that it is very hard to get a Drone to have a conversation in a bar, as it is sentient. Having developed their own, much simplier for AI to make themselves in humanoid shapes to accommodate using human vessels.

GAI can use human gunboats, fighters and bombers.

I would love to see the AI able to use 4300 cargo transports.

You do remember that these AI's are from alien origin and are NOT supposed to be flying Human ships? It's just because noone ever bothered finishing their shipline for decades. You should not be RPing as a Human AI as a Gammu AI that's why they added "Gammu" at the beginning because there were alot of confusions in the past.

RE: AI Starter/Miner Ship? - Felsvar - 12-31-2019

I find it hard to understand how GAI are able to buy ships such as Gunboats from other factions. lt’s nonsense!

However, I want to believe that GAI can acquire such ships from salvaging wreckages around their ZOI. Corsairs, Core, and Zoners are in their ZOI and would be relatively easy for the GAI to rebuild and power these wrecked vessels by placing module implants on some of these faction ships.

Some modeling work will be needed for this to happen and placed in-game.

On a side note, will be great to have a drone focused just for mining.