Discovery Gaming Community
To: Lane Hackers | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Lane Hackers | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS (/showthread.php?tid=170561)

To: Lane Hackers | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-15-2019

SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE - KINGDOM OF BRETONIA - SEMPER OCCULTUS
[Image: WF6yKi6.jpg]

To: Lane Hackers

Subject: Request from the BAF

Good day,

My name is Lady Sarah Mountbatten, and I have the honour of serving as a Director of Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service. I've been approached by the Armed Forces and asked to seek your assistance with an operation they're planning. I'll quote the relevant parts of their request directly, to prevent any miscommunication.

I'm not sure how much experience your organisation has with Gallic computer systems, but if you're willing to do this, the SIS can provide Gallic hardware and documentation on Gallic programming languages should it be required. We also have an admittedly imperfect compiler that will compile standard Ageira code to run on Gallic equipment, but we've had problems with it. You'd honestly have more luck programming directly in native Gallic code.

Please get back with me at your earliest convenience. I will relay your reply back to the BAF.

In Her Majesty's Service,

Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Director
Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service

RE: To: Lane Hackers | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Yoshida - 05-16-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Director Mountbatten?

A week ago I met with Director Steiner. He didn't mention that he was about to retire. What happened to him? And on top of that I hear that your second-in-command, the Chief of Staff was assassinated as well by the hand of the transhumanists of Auxesia. Or so it is rumored.

This recent purge of SIS leadership is quite puzzling Lady Mountbatten. We are still patiently waiting to deliver what was agreed on my meeting with Victor Steiner. So that we fulfill our part of the deal as well.

As for this request, we can indeed help. Civilian software are easy to decode unlike their military counterparts or even worse, Gallic royal encryptions. We would of course ask for something in return depending on the complexity of the hacking software you wish us to install as well as the total amounts you wish to be delivered to Foster base. It is also curious that this request came from BAF, I thought that the SIS was responsible for designing this sort of thing. Perhaps you can tell me who is the mastermind of this plan?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Lane Hackers | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Secret Intelligence Service - 05-17-2019

[Image: Sr8bNUP.png]

To: Professor Yoshida

Lady Mountbatten is the second in command of the SIS. She is therefore afforded the title of 'Director' as well. Fear not sir, I am still here. In regards to my earlier requests it seems that there has been a change on that front. Naturally I cannot say what the changes are, only that your support is unfortnately no longer required. Although your willingness to continue supporting us has been noted, for that you have my gratitude.

This plan is the brainchild of Commodore John Redmond. Although I would advise against contacting him directly, it would not do his image any favours within the admiralty or the Noble families.

Regards:

V. Steiner
Director of the Secret Intelligence Service
[Image: m85lB37.png]

RE: To: Lane Hackers | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Yoshida - 05-23-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: YmO1E0E.png]
[Image: gzHCy6c.png]

Directors,

The Lane Hackers have prepared a type of virus with the primary purpose of posing as an innocent software and remaining undetected by civilian firewalls in order to spread to as many terminals and computers as possible. After one week it is coded to switch into an aggressive and lethal mode, transmitting all personal data and passwords before deleting essential and unique parts of the code of the computer's data in order to inflict as much damage as possible.

We are currently in the process of developing various versions of the same virus in case the original version is uncovered and countermeasures (such as system updates) are deployed before the mode switch.

As for the mastermind of this scheme, I am not surprised to hear it was the Red Commodore. Fear not Mr. Steiner, I have no desire to speak to him or his political allies directly. My condolences again for the untimely death of Chief of Staff Perry.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...