Discovery Gaming Community
Docking while cloaked. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Docking while cloaked. (/showthread.php?tid=170594)

Pages: 1 2 3

Docking while cloaked. - ~Chio - 05-16-2019

Docking while cloaked wouldn't make any sense in roleplay. I understand that players need the ability to dock battleships with planets, small bases for numerous reasons, but I find docking while cloaked very annoying.

If this was stated already as a must for players, let me know. I don't have much to say here. Docking while cloaked takes advantage in some situations, whilst being chased as a liner.

RE: Docking while cloaked. - Neraxon - 05-16-2019

What part of it is annoying ? That you can just do it or any particular reason ?

RE: Docking while cloaked. - Skorak - 05-16-2019

And what would you suggest to be done about it anyways?

RE: Docking while cloaked. - Laz - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 05:46 PM)Skorak Wrote: And what would you suggest to be done about it anyways?

it would be about 1 minutes work to make it so you can't dock while cloaked.

Oh no. Uncloak, instantly dock.

RE: Docking while cloaked. - Enkidu - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 05:52 PM)Skorak Wrote: Oh no. Uncloak, instantly dock.

There is literally no reason not to have this feature. If you're stuck in the docking sequence, even if for a moment, people can screen you, RP wtih you, generally interact with you.

Cloaks are not meant to be 'Ugh, I don't want to have an encounter with this person, I'm too much of a precious queen for this' game mechanics. The amount of people who use their cloaking devices as a means to dock out and dodge is numerous.

Then there's also the aspect of it not making sense, yes.

You will not be able to screen someone within that timeframe. There would have to be a delay put in then.

RE: Docking while cloaked. - ~Chio - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 05:54 PM)Riehl Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 05:52 PM)Skorak Wrote: Oh no. Uncloak, instantly dock.

There is literally no reason not to have this feature. If you're stuck in the docking sequence, even if for a moment, people can screen you, RP wtih you, generally interact with you.

Cloaks are not meant to be 'Ugh, I don't want to have an encounter with this person, I'm too much of a precious queen for this' game mechanics. The amount of people who use their cloaking devices as a means to dock out and dodge is numerous.

Then there's also the aspect of it not making sense, yes.

Dodging an encounter, that's also one of reasons.

RE: Docking while cloaked. - Laz - 05-16-2019

then add a thirty second timer from uncloak, or whatever. There are many ways around this, but cloaks should never really have existed in the first place. @Igiss was right.

RE: Docking while cloaked. - Groshyr - 05-16-2019

Ok. A trader docked with a station to avoid RP with me. Can you add docking disruptor, please?