Discovery Gaming Community
Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer (/showthread.php?tid=170609)

Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Hemlocke - 05-17-2019

One Hel' of a Job

[Image: Makarov_2.png]

On his final rounds around the outside of Vierlande before returning to Pacifica for the third time in a row, Makarov noticed something from the command deck of his Gunboat "Makarovian_Butcher" Suiting up in his "Butcher" Exo suit he commanded his crew to sit in orbit of the planet for a bit while he checked out the wing of what he though was a wraith, only to find out upon drifting closer it was a mangled wing of a Fafnir, fused to the side hull panels of the Vierlande's starport the ship had been hit by a nasty antimatter of some kind, most likely Hessian. Magnetizing his greaves to the station her stared down at the wing for a moment before seeing over the side of it the wrecked hull of a fafnir, walking "forward" if you could even call it that in the backwards confines of the void he activated his built in fuser and begin to melt away the sides of the fafnir, wrenching it free with the hydraulic system in his suit, tirelessly hour after hour until all that was left was the left wing of the ship that was planted inside the station. With oxygen running out he decided to pull the massive hammer off his side and smash it into the wing repeatedly until it came off, calling his crew down from orbit to anchor the ship to the tractor, after securing the ship he used the remainder of the left engine and wing of the fafnir to seal the breach where it had been welded to Vierlande, spending a few more hours tending to that breach before completely sealing it off, the horribly damaged and disfigured fafnir would make an excellent bomber, especially for tearing apart those he once called brothers, The Red Hessians. Already decided on a suitable name for the ship "Hel'bringer" he drifted back to his ship and boarded it, stripping the heavy as hell suit from his flight suit before heading back up to the command deck and setting a course for Pacifica, arriving about a day later and a bit short on fuel, he moored his gunboat to the side of the station, dragging the massive fafnir hull into one of the under-utilized docking bays of Pacifica, he'd most likely need an expert engineer's help on this. Staring down at the massive hunk of metal he sighed. "Probably gonna have to jerry rig the damn thing." Moving his arms about under the heavy metal of his exo suit he began scanning the husk with his retical, engines were completely shot, hull torn to bits, and apparently the pilot was plastered all over the inside of the cockpit. It's gun mounts would also need fixing, the left engine itself looked like a chewed up dog frisby, not that he'd know what that looked like, with the exhaust completely missing due to needing to break the ship free he had his work cut out for him. He'd have to get to work soon, the ship itself was heavily irradiated from the antimatter, going to get a rad scrubber to cleanse the ship of most of it, he'd probably have to wear his exo suit in the over-sized cockpit of the Rheinlandish war beast to avoid radiation poisoning. Makarov would spend the next few nights tending to what parts of the ship he could actually manage to rebuild and restore, unable to restore the left wing and engine exhaust however, and with the left side shaved off completely he'd need to fix the Scatter and Torpedo mount on the left side of the ship, and re-attach the fin plating on the right wing so it stopped looking like a dinner tray.

[Image: Raider.png]

RE: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Dark_Knight - 05-17-2019

From the catwalks of the Pacifica Dock Valentina leans on the railing watching the Red Hessian with interest and curiosity. Free of her suit on Pacifica, her multi-coloured dreads are on display and tied back. She wears a jumpsuit of the Freeman Commune. Valentina drinks some Rheinbeer as she watches the Ex-Hessian work. After some moments of sighing at his progress with his ship she finishes off her beer and walks down the steel staircase. After occasionally watching Makarov fumble around for days, she finally decides to come down to the deck leaning on some toolbox "You need any help? Been watching you for a few days and well, pet projects are my forte." she asks in a friendly manner after a pause speaking again "These Fafnirs were the prime of Rhein design back in the day. Studied some on Hamburg. So much went into them, but this one you found been chewed up, spit out and chewed up again. You got a name for it yet?" says Valentina, as she runs a gloved hand along the wrecked hull.

RE: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Hemlocke - 05-17-2019

Was Wonderin' When She'd Show

Makarov pulled his hands out of the hull, he was tearing out eroded wires, this entire ship was gonna need to be redone. Antimatter really tore it to pieces. He slowly rose from his crouched position to look at Valentina and unlatched the heavy bolted face mask of his suit to reveal his tattered, stress hardened face, a cigar in his lips, the smoke released from his helmet like steam out of boiling pot. "Yeah, it was fused to Vierlande when I found it, never got military tech near my workshop on Hamburg so I havn't the slightest clue how to fix this thing, not to mention the entire left side is torn to absolute sh*t. The name I have for it is Hel'bringer. However the only thing it's bringing now is a whole lot o' radiation and frustration. Those hessian antimatters turned this thing into a melted cookie." He glanced back over at the ship and sighed, leaning on his hammer a moment. "Actually had you in mind with rebuilding this thing, i'm good at fixing most ships, but rheinland military tech ain't one of those shiplines. I'm used to edge world and our local civilian tech. Not to mention I'm not in the ship building profession, i'm a fixer. And I can't fix a wing if it doesn't exist." Makarov pulled the cigar from his mouth and stomped it to the floor, making sure it was out so it wouldn't catch anything on fire. "Wanna borrow my suit? This radiation is pretty nasty. Though I suppose you could just go get scrubbed down after.

RE: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Dark_Knight - 05-19-2019

[Image: wcNvUT9.jpg]

Valentina nods at Makarov adjusting her dreads a little she walks to the side of the hanger bay, picking up one of the radiation suits and putting it on, it squishes her dreads a little, she huffs walking back over to the fighter. "Alright, you are looking at Pulse damage, radiation damage and just plain scrapping" she says with a degree of experience. She looks on the underneath of the vessel, whistling slightly "Well that's f**cked, okay all those power couplings are fried or worse, fused." Val huffs out, folding her arms thinking "We'll need to take em out, unfuse them and attach new power couplings. As for the engine, that radiation leak, it needs to be sorted out otherwise you are basically flying a glorified fusion bomb. Which, would be nice if you want to shove it up Auxesia *sses." she chuckles to herself then groans "Then you got problems with the flow regulators, and all that. Honestly this'll be a challenge" she does a wide grin towards Makarov "But I like, challenges she says with her teethy grin, starting to take out tools.

RE: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Hemlocke - 05-19-2019

A "Simple" Solution

Makarov stood back up from leaning on his hammer and placed it against the completely **cked up right wing of the ship before tearing the entire side panel off that had the rheinland crest welded into it by engineers, looking at the fused, partially melted and spark throwing mess of wires on the inside he just sighed. "Yeah seems we might just have to tear them all out. They're completely screwed." He made sure his cigar was out so a fire wasn't started before pulling his mask back down to protect his face and not allow the radiation leak in, glancing toward the hind quarters of the fafnir to stare at the busted engine leaking glowing radioactive goop. "I should probably get that cleaned up before it eats through the floor and kills someone on the lower decks." He once again lifted his hammer and hooked it to the side of his exo suit before breaking thebusted engine free of it's fused prison and and sealing it in a vacant airlock until they had time to fix it.

RE: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Dark_Knight - 05-25-2019

[Image: wcNvUT9.jpg]

Valentina continues nodding along to Makarov's suggestions whilst getting out the required tools. She immediately moves to the side of Makarov, she puts on some rubber gloves then roughly rips the sparking wires out in one go with a grunt "Screw it, just do it." she says with a chuckle. She looks at the radioactive goop afterwards, taking out a heavy duty spanner and working on finding and leak. Moving her gloves hand along the non-radioactive parts. She steps back dropping her scanner and takes out a piece of scrap from a pile and begins to roughly bang it into place with a heavy hammer. Then welding it on soon after with a small blowtorch, she turns to Makarov having a toothy happy smile for once "Done and done, mein friend." she says to him happily. Valentina puts a hand on her side, looking at the engine "Now that the leaks fixed, time to take it out." she says as she scans her eyes over it.

RE: Makarov: The UN|Hel'bringer - Hemlocke - 05-25-2019

Can't wait till it's over.

Makarov looked over at her as she worked, watching the fafnir silently as Val worked on it, when she was down he spoke up. "You know if we got any useless scrap I can use to reform the left exhaust for the engine and wing?" He walked around to the cockpit of the fafnir and pried it open before pulled it off it's magnetic latch, moving it to the side and removing a few broken reinforced glass panels from the left side as he waited for her response.