Discovery Gaming Community
Disconnecting from the server. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Disconnecting from the server. (/showthread.php?tid=170616)

Pages: 1 2

Disconnecting from the server. - ~Chio - 05-17-2019

Greetings.

My friend is experiencing problem with the server. As soon as he would log a character, after a second, he would get disconnected. He tested that on different characters, and problem is still the same. He fully reinstalled the game along with this mode, and it fixed his issue for a day. Next day, the same problem accured and he doesn't know how to fix it. I have no ideas. Cheers.

[Image: Screenshot_2.png]

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - kerfy - 05-17-2019

This is happeneing to me as well, been a week of it. reinstalled everything, to get to that point there in your picture. I have a couple ships floating off in space now .. Lol. My POB is losing crew as of yesterday. I can log in to the game for about 30 seconds or so before it disconnects.. I thought it was my connection switching networks or some such.. now I am not so sure. I am starting to wonder if it is DNS related.. like maybe the route to the server is changing or something along that line.. I have not done trace routes to check ...yet..

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - Alex. - 05-17-2019

Chio, is the problematic char name the 'New player' at the top, [MQS]Alexandre.M?
Does your friend post on the forums themself?

kerfy, what is the name of a char you've been experiencing this on?

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - ~Chio - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 05:02 PM)Alex. Wrote: Chio, is the problematic char name the 'New player' at the top, [MQS]Alexandre.M?
Does your friend post on the forums themself?

kerfy, what is the name of a char you've been experiencing this on?

Yes. He is experiencing this on all of his characters. I don't know why.

All of them .. Kerf|Wishing_star .. All of my Kruger ships .. Kruger|Kms-erfurt. and friends. All of my accounts do this thing now.

Well That is fixed now. Alex worked it out. seems that the GLS workaround sets off cheats and bothers Disco server.. Gets yah disconnected.. A complete clean,no pathes or nothng install, then a disco install .. and Poof.. all is working fine... Rheinbeers all around..

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - Eiridian - 06-25-2019

Didn't see the point in making a new thread for this but what was the solution for fixing this issue? I get it all the time after the first launch of the game and it's rather irritating to do a full wipe and re-install every time I want to play. I either get this error message or I don't even get a message at all it either exits straight to the desktop or it loads to a black screen to which it'll then eventually kick me out.

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - Gray_Mouser - 06-25-2019

(05-17-2019, 07:54 PM)kerfy Wrote: Well That is fixed now. Alex worked it out. seems that the GLS workaround sets off cheats and bothers Disco server.. Gets yah disconnected.. A complete clean,no pathes or nothng install, then a disco install .. and Poof.. all is working fine... Rheinbeers all around..

(06-25-2019, 10:42 PM)Eiridian Wrote: Didn't see the point in making a new thread for this but what was the solution for fixing this issue? I get it all the time after the first launch of the game and it's rather irritating to do a full wipe and re-install every time I want to play. I either get this error message or I don't even get a message at all it either exits straight to the desktop or it loads to a black screen to which it'll then eventually kick me out.
Since you shouldn't have a gls workaround in your installation if you do a vanilla installation, you seem to have a totally different problem, Eridian, or do you switch between mods? Did you check if your firewall blocks the game after one run? Try to rename the folder users\youruser\documents\my games\Freelancer e.g. in Freelancer_bkp. If you run it now again, does it work once again (I hope I understood you correctly it works for one login perfectly and then never again) and is there a new folder Freelancer now?

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - Eiridian - 06-26-2019

(06-25-2019, 11:06 PM)Gray_Mouser Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:54 PM)kerfy Wrote: Well That is fixed now. Alex worked it out. seems that the GLS workaround sets off cheats and bothers Disco server.. Gets yah disconnected.. A complete clean,no pathes or nothng install, then a disco install .. and Poof.. all is working fine... Rheinbeers all around..

(06-25-2019, 10:42 PM)Eiridian Wrote: Didn't see the point in making a new thread for this but what was the solution for fixing this issue? I get it all the time after the first launch of the game and it's rather irritating to do a full wipe and re-install every time I want to play. I either get this error message or I don't even get a message at all it either exits straight to the desktop or it loads to a black screen to which it'll then eventually kick me out.
Since you shouldn't have a gls workaround in your installation if you do a vanilla installation, you seem to have a totally different problem, Eridian, or do you switch between mods? Did you check if your firewall blocks the game after one run? Try to rename the folder users\youruser\documents\my games\Freelancer e.g. in Freelancer_bkp. If you run it now again, does it work once again (I hope I understood you correctly it works for one login perfectly and then never again) and is there a new folder Freelancer now?

yeah, that is correct. I can login perfectly fine after i install the game but as soon as i exit i no longer can log in. the game loads perfectly fine and i can go through all the menus up until i actually go to load the game after picking which character i want to play. thats when the issues come. As for as switching betweeen mods or vanilla, i dont do either as ive played the original game way too much and i just enjoy this mod over others.

RE: Disconnecting from the server. - Sniper0god - 06-26-2019

My issue is also getting disconnected. Yesterday and on Sunday, all was good. Flew around, encountered ppl. Both occasions I was with groups of ppl. The fight starts, like 5 mins into a fight I get DC. No red lag icon. The other ships float away at like tradelanes speed. That's the only indication that I'll loose connection.

Only thing different which I don't know if others have the issue, is I end task on that Run32.dll.