Discovery Gaming Community
Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. (/showthread.php?tid=170941)

Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - Shaggy - 05-28-2019

Hello, just want to put a suggest into the Trade Development if possible, it could bring more activity for the better. To lawful player's and unlawful player's.

So we all know ore trading is very profitable for lawful player's. This is because there are not many pirate's that pirate for cargo, but instead for money, so the trader's are more then happy to pay a "Tax Fee" of let's say 10 million for a 5k cargo hold of Gold Ore. Pirate's doing cargo piracy, for the same amount of Gold Ore, will have a sell point of alot less then the lawful player. So for an example. Gold Ore to a Lawful Base 10k, but Gold Ore to a Unlawful Base 5k. (Per unit).

So my suggestion is, why not make Smuggling a bit more profitable. Not Ore's but Cardamine, Artifact's, Black Market Munitions, why not make the sell point profit to 8 - 10k just like Ore's, this way it'll bring Unlawful factions like Outcasts, Corsairs, and other's to want to smuggle and bring that sort of activity to their factions to make a profit. This will help avoid the power traders, it gives things to do instead of just sitting at Planet Manhattan in LR, LH, OC fighting LN, LSF and LPI. When the LN, LSF, LPI can actually do something different, making things for a lawful player more fun, hunting down smuggler's. While for the unlawful LR, LH, OC it is more of a challenge to make a profit. Which it should be, but the profit is worth the challenge.

I know from a Gallic point of view, ore's sell for a HUGE Profit for lawful trader's, but for the unlawful Gallic player, profit is hard to come by. But it will sure bring alot more activity to both unlawfuls, and lawfuls, and it gives challenges, excitement, fun to player's from the lawful and unlawful player base.

RE: Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - Langolier 2.0 - 05-28-2019

Agreed. It makes no sense to only make 7k per unit on the Black Market Munitions when you're going from the New York system all the way to Gallia. Same goes for Artifacts from Gamma back to New York. Those are pretty long distances to travel with a hold full of illegal cargo. The reward should reflect the risk involved.

RE: Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - Kazinsal - 05-28-2019

Agreed.

RE: Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - kerfy - 05-28-2019

just use 2 or more ships when pirating, have some of em able to carry the cargo.. then you could put some bite into pirating.. the cargo is more precious than cash after all..

RE: Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - Lusitano - 05-28-2019

ores are more profitable because you have to mine it, and that takes time, or someone mine for you and that takes time and you have to pay, or buy it in opbs and that takes a lot of money. cardi and artifacts and stuff like that you can buy it for cheap in a npc base, so ... for that i say no.

but ... i also know what is to smugle, mainly cardi to liberty ... in a outcast transport! i didn't took it for the main sellpoint of course but still had a good profit, but the problem is i couldn't take the faster route ... almost no trade lanes and jumpgates, so for the time is necessary to take that contraband ... to escape not only lawfulls but also unlawfulls that don't like what you bring, for example ... red hessians will shoot you if they cought you taking artifacts, so the cops/military ... so for all the risk and extra time i say yes!!

but is very debatable, because is easy and cheap to get the goods but hard to take then the proper selling points ... but .. the higher the risk the higher the reward Smile

RE: Gaining Activity To Smuggler's. - Megaera - 05-28-2019

When smuggling I rarely run into lawfuls..