Discovery Gaming Community
To: BAF Admiralty | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: BAF Admiralty | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF (/showthread.php?tid=171040)

To: BAF Admiralty | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF - Capt. Henry Morgan - 05-31-2019

[Image: pyBjInU.png]
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
31. May 826 A.S.
To: BAF Admiralty
Priority: Normal
Topic: Kevin Riley

Message Contents:

Good day,

My name is Taskmaster Eva Flores. I serve as the second-in-command of the Fourth Octavarium Fleet. It has come to my attention that one of our citizens who is currently serving in your Armed Forces, one Kevin Riley, is currently being held pending a Court Martial. Due to the sensitivity of this issue, I would prefer to keep this between our respective fleets rather than involving our governments. I am calling you for three reasons.

First, I would like to inquire as to the nature and seriousness of the charges against Mr. Riley. We received news of his detention, but no other information.

Second, I request the return of a piece of equipment in Mr. Riley's possession, a B-907A Crusader-class heavy fighter designated White Knight. Though the vessel in question is the personal property of Mr. Riley, its restoration was accomplished using Fleet resources, and the Fourth Octavarium Fleet retains a claim of ownership on the vessel. As the ship was not issued to Mr. Riley by the Bretonian military, there should be no reason to delay the transfer.

Finally, we request the return of Mr. Riley himself at the conclusion of his Court Martial, should he not be permitted to return to BAF service. Due to the nature of his family connections (his brother John is our current head-of-state), we would prefer it if the BAF exercised a degree of discretion in this case. As Mr. Riley is still a commissioned officer in the Fourth Octavarium fleet (presently on inactive reserve status), we feel it would serve both our nations best if Mr. Riley were quietly returned to Canberra.

Taskmaster Eva Flores, OCS Victorious March
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End

RE: To: BAF Admiralty | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF - Victor Steiner - 06-06-2019

[Image: V10xmHo.png]

Lady Eva Flores

Mister Kevin Riley is charged with knowingly committing a war crime against civilians of the Kingdom of Gallia. Odd as this may seem, the murder of civilians is under no circumstances acceptable, particularly by uniformed members of the Bretonian Armed Forces. If found guilty, he will executed, as the law requires in such cases.

However, given your interest in the man and his aforementioned relatives within the Natio Octaverium, the presiding judge (me, in this case) would settle for exile rather than execution. He will be permitted to fly himself and his ship (the White Knight) out of Bretonia on the condition he never returns to Bretonian territory again.

Would this be an acceptable exchange?

Fleet Admiral E. Steiner
First Sea Lord
Carrier Warwick
Bretonian Armed Forces

RE: To: BAF Admiralty | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF - Capt. Henry Morgan - 06-06-2019

[Image: pyBjInU.png]
Incoming Transmission from Planet Yuma
Coronado, Crayter Republic
06. June 826 A.S.
To: Fleet Admiral Steiner, BAF
Priority: Normal
Topic: Kevin Riley

Message Contents:

Admiral Steiner,

I find the proposed arrangement satisfactory, and I have little doubt that Mr. Riley will accept, considering the alternative. If you would, please inform Mr. Riley that he is to report directly to me at the Octavariam Embassy on Planet Yuma. My ship will be in drydock for some time, so I will remain on Yuma until your business with him is complete.

The charges against Mr. Riley are distressing, but sadly unsurprising. His Fleet psych report warned he had a higher than usual hatred for Gallia and its citizens. We had assigned him to our Away Division, on the front against the Hellfire Legion specifically to keep him away from Gallic civilians or members of allied Gallic factions. He will return to that posting on the condition that he submits to full psychiatric examination and treatment. I sincerely hope there will be no repeat of that unfortunate incident.

Taskmaster Eva Flores, OCS Victorious March
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End