Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard (/showthread.php?tid=171054)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Dan. - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 04:16 PM)Spectre Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:It's simple.
Drop the LSF and BIS, or stop giving Gallia enemies.
1-No RP sense for that, already Killed Cryter from the equation.
Oh, yes. There's absolutely no RP sense for it.

I was saying that you cant Stop LSF and BIS from such event. There is no sense in stopping Intel Factions for such event.

(06-03-2019, 04:16 PM)Spectre Wrote: I'm aware. I have zero issue with them taking part, but them being added to the plugin and CR not is basically a slap to an entire faction that should be represented. Even the OP has zero mention of Crayter even being part of the operation. It just states it's a--
+1

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Spectre - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 04:42 PM)Dan. Wrote: I was saying that you cant Stop LSF and BIS from such event. There is no sense in stopping Intel Factions for such event.
Misinterpretation of what you'd said, mate. That's my bad.
Apologies.

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Backo - 06-03-2019

Crayter were too busy having an Outcast Dreadnought a couple dozen klicks from their home planet and couldn't make it for the event. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Durandal - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 04:03 PM)Chronicron Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 03:54 PM)LV-426 Wrote: Maybe the event would've been a whole lot better if people finally would start to give fair fights and stop ganking each other at every possible chance they get?
e-chats

E-chats have no bearing upon human decency. An e-chat has nothing to do with leaders of each side PMing each other and going "yo, could you give us a chance to get our people together so we can slug it out instead of being curbstomped?" and the other going "sure, let me see if any of my guys can switch."

As for Harmony/Seps being involved, they've... fought alongside Gallia in the past, for whatever reason. I don't really understand it myself, but its more a gameplay consideration than a lore one.

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Dan. - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 04:44 PM)Spectre Wrote:
Quote:I was saying that you cant Stop LSF and BIS from such event. There is no sense in stopping Intel Factions for such event.
Misinterpretation of what you'd said, mate. That's my bad.
Apologies.
All good. No Problema
we all do that sometimes.

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - JonasHudson - 06-03-2019

Well Aland went haywire because they never announced it was all fixed, and let any ID with ZOI get involved. It seemed pretty exciting for a while. Everyone wanted to forge alliances and have a big mini war in O3, and they did that because of CONSEQUENCES. RP consequences are more enticing to me than a cash bonus for a kill, or showing up to meaningless arcade style scenarios.

So what is next? end pvp except for scheduled events with sign up?

Imagine if...All ID's with ZOI could come, and both sides went from there. If the corsairs couldn't participate in the conquest of Liberty...I'm not torn up about it. The closer the Gauls get to the heart of another house, the more at a disadvantage they are. Liberty and Bretonia have the home territory advantage.

I will sit back and continue to dream of a situation where we are leaning away from arcade style (shallow depth) events with little problems regarding cash bonuses or whatever, and would just sent up NPC battleship bases to be siege-able.

What is the point of this event? Announcing an event is fixed in advance...is a start, in avoiding some irritation. Sadly not in my case. There is a huge wasted potential going on here every day. Just my opinion, but months ago people were coming out in droves when they thought what was going on would matter, and the consequences (such as losing Aland or not, or losing GC or not) and there was nothing special needed but the situation in itself. To me, this place is locked down for no real reason.

1 million, 5 million, 10 million? Do people not trade for money? A badge of honor is great, but it doesnt make me want to log a bomber or make a nice ship of some kind on an indie ID.

I imagine setting the battleships in contested zones or along front lines to have HP. When they hit 0, go undockable. First to 0 loses. (Imagine having to siege a chain of bases and battleships to conquer a system??? :O )

Now for those that cry about the potential loss of balance, feel free to take the initiative to balance things out. In these situations, where there are two sides and an actual risk, people usually split evenly. But yeah the situation may be imbalanced. You may have a small faction trying to take on a larger enemy and getting creative about how to do that. As to consequences, seems like if the Gallic battleships were taken out (after likely days of siege and battles around them) they can't maintain a push to capture california. If Liberty loses theirs, the system could be under serious dispute for a while. THE SAME SHOULD GO FOR NEW LONDON.

And, if, most people wanted to save California, they would likely succeed. I know most people fear imbalance in these situations but with enough notice, and some specialty items to provide advantages (like NEMP's) to the underdogs, it wont be so imbalanced a fight. Fixed events and balanced events do not always prevent player irritation or players getting in fights. Thats why I'm sayin just let the real sieges begin!!

EDIT: Also, THINK OF REPAIR SHIPS being able to be used on the npc ship under siege. Would things go so quickly? if Front lines dont change for a while, it will be because of constant player effort. Imagine most bases having HP, taking little bits of wear and tear. Navies and police would have something to do, like assigning people to be responsible for keeping track of bases, defending bases from raiders etc. And the REPAIR COMPANIES etc who would be needed to go out and maintain bases that are taking the odd scratch.

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Markam - 06-03-2019

MRG got stomped earlier, I was part of the stomping side, I stopped fighting when I realised it was imbalanced, but it was too late.

I don't have any GRN characters to swap too, and I don't like forcing people to play what they don't want to, but we need at least to try to control our inner beast for the blues, and take the foot off the pedal.

Doesn't always work fast enough, but as long as we try.

Sorry for my small part of earlier.

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Lucas - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 04:21 PM)Wesker Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 02:57 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 01:43 PM)Wesker Wrote: Id prefer if you banned capitals over adding 10 million. Would be more fun.

Or make it fair and stop limiting people to caps that are hardcountered by the other sides caps

Mr Plier man over here.

The Plier wasn't me, the Plier was your worst nightmare. I got forward mined by you

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Spectre - 06-04-2019

So, the event is more or less about halfway done and I still see that the team is reluctant to even mention Crayter in the OP.
At this point I personally don't care whether or not we get added to the tracker. It's too late for any real gain to be made from it, so whatever. What happened happened, and I'll say again: It's telling.

But if the team is going to restrict participation of Crayter in the event plugin-wise, at the very least acknowledge the RP behind it. It's been three and a half days since the thread was posted, and for three and a half days the event's bio has been incorrect. If you're not going to justify Crayter's involvement in the operation via the event plugin, at least acknowledge that RP was done and that this operation is a joint Liberty-Bretonia-Crayter operation.

If even this can't be done, then I personally will know exactly where the team stands. Whether or not you say anything in a gold or orange statement, unless due recognition is recognized, the staff will have made their position clear as far as I'm concerned (maybe a green statement might convince me).

Fix it.

RE: [Official Event] Operation Vanguard - Lucas - 06-05-2019

(06-04-2019, 11:16 PM)Spectre Wrote: So, the event is more or less about halfway done and I still see that the team is reluctant to even mention Crayter in the OP.
At this point I personally don't care whether or not we get added to the tracker. It's too late for any real gain to be made from it, so whatever. What happened happened, and I'll say again: It's telling.

But if the team is going to restrict participation of Crayter in the event plugin-wise, at the very least acknowledge the RP behind it. It's been three and a half days since the thread was posted, and for three and a half days the event's bio has been incorrect. If you're not going to justify Crayter's involvement in the operation via the event plugin, at least acknowledge that RP was done and that this operation is a joint Liberty-Bretonia-Crayter operation.

If even this can't be done, then I personally will know exactly where the team stands. Whether or not you say anything in a gold or orange statement, unless due recognition is recognized, the staff will have made their position clear as far as I'm concerned (maybe a green statement might convince me).

Fix it.

Welcome to the team

Corsair Battleships won't be added I suppose?