Discovery Gaming Community
The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=171078)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Lucas - 06-03-2019

And another addition to Gallia! Nice writeup, and good luck.

What about the factions not listed in the current diplomacy sheet?

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Backo - 06-03-2019

Solid writeup, saw you guys quite active last night. Was a bit of a mess in Languedoc, but I hope you guys had fun as well. Good luck and please don't die out, Gallia could really use the activity!

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Wildkins - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 08:00 AM)Lucas Wrote: And another addition to Gallia! Nice writeup, and good luck.

What about the factions not listed in the current diplomacy sheet?

Since Les Syndicats have been basically on Marseille for the better part of forever, their operations outside Gallia have been rather minimal compared to traditional Corse. So, that being said, anything we didn't specifically list as hostile (other than Nomads, probably) would likely depend on how we interact with them and they interact with us in-game and on the forums from here on out.

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - TheShooter36 - 06-03-2019

And no mention of CR in diplomacy, while you have a luxury liner at Tau 44. Okay. Lets pretend they do not exist.

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Wildkins - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 06:59 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: And no mention of CR in diplomacy, while you have a luxury liner at Tau 44. Okay. Lets pretend they do not exist.

We only gave specific diplomatic blurbs to those that were outright hostile, or very important elements critical to Provence. As stated, we do not intend to represent the entirety of the Unione Corse. We're a group of four families centered within Provence, and most of our operations until very recently have been localized to Marseille in specific, Provence in general, and Gallia at most. Our opinion of both the Council and the Royalists is mixed, and which side our faction supports depends on who you ask. Generally speaking, we'd rather the war keep away from Provence and our operations. The last time it came here, we got a Valor dropped on our heads. Literally.

Put simply, the CR isn't a faction we would have a particular stance toward other than maybe being decent customers, which would be most of Sirius. Should that change through interaction or roleplay, I'd be sure to note it down here.

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Thyrzul - 06-04-2019

(06-03-2019, 05:40 AM)Durandal Wrote: I'm absolutely in love with this writeup and I wish you guys the best.

Apparently less than three months can change your opinion about Minarchy-related factions while yield no progress at all on the promised changes and elaboration. Just a reminder:

(03-19-2019, 03:27 AM)Durandal Wrote: This isn't really something that was intended for players to run, the same as there's no Republic of Liberty or Kingdom of Bretonia faction. It's a civilian government intended to serve as a backdrop, and for something which was admittedly rushed in without much in the way of proofreading I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable with this becoming a thing.

Yes, before anyone goes there, there are players representing house governments, but only as a group of official faction leaders and not as an official faction attempting to represent an entire government. There are also player governments such as the Crayter Republic (which came after the military) and Commonwealth of Liberty which were created to enrich and expand upon the roleplay of their respective military factions, rather than being played out themselves for the sake of roleplaying a governmental entity.

On the whole I'm not certain how we'll handle this moving forward, but at the very least expect significant changes to and elaboration upon what the Minarchy actually is in the days to come.

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Information and Feedback - Miaou - 06-04-2019

(06-04-2019, 01:17 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 05:40 AM)Durandal Wrote: I'm absolutely in love with this writeup and I wish you guys the best.

Apparently less than three months can change your opinion about Minarchy-related factions while yield no progress at all on the promised changes and elaboration. Just a reminder:

(03-19-2019, 03:27 AM)Durandal Wrote: etc etc

As the famous quote goes, "We don't run this place, but we've an understanding with the people who do."

If you read the writeup you would understand we are not attempting to roleplay or control the Minarchy government (Outside of being influencers). This is a syndicate of four families who have stakes in the Provence System and Marseille, and work around this new oddity in Gallic space for their own gain. We are still a normal Unione Corse faction and do our own thing. Provence is just a juicy nugget to profit off of and an interesting zone for new chances at interactions and story telling.