Discovery Gaming Community
The Seabreeze Syndicates - Inter-Family Communications (MD) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Inter-Family Communications (MD) (/showthread.php?tid=171095)

The Seabreeze Syndicates - Inter-Family Communications (MD) - Les Syndicats - 06-02-2019

Inter-Family Communications

"Information is power."

Every associer and membre of Les Syndicats, upon being inducted into the fold, receives a cipher for a hidden Gallic Neural-Net address. There, messages travel back and forth with expediency, some with their identities removed, others hidden entirely from view. From what messages you can see, however, you come to understand that this is where much of the business of Les Syndicats is communicated - another innovation of the Dantès. With the four families speaking between each other, disagreements are cut off at the pass, and information is brought to the light before competition has a chance to seize upon it.

RE: The Seabreeze Syndicates - Inter-Family Communications (MD) - Wildkins - 06-04-2019

[Image: avatar_41503.png?dateline=1559435788]
[Image: 74uoR9U.png]
Nouveau Message Entrant
Des Syndicats
Pour La Famille Dantès

Patron Thomas-Alexandre Dantès

Bonjour, mes amis.

I believe I have gotten the network all sorted, now. The Gallic Network Interface is a strange beast, I assure you, and doubly so when you attempt to get it to talk to any of its Sirian counterpart neural-nets. I don't wish to bore you on the intricacies of establishing a session through three different incompatible protocols, so alas, I will simply let you all know that all of our membres should now have a direct link to our communications and databases, so long as they are within the realms of Sirius et Gallia. Do let one of mes capitaines know if there is an issue, of course, and we will be sure to rectify it with the utmost expediency.

Now, to business. The Dantès shall be conducting a survey of the vessels, equipment, and technology left behind by the Battle of Provence, and all of the minor skirmishes before and after. While our initial survey was focused on those intact enough to press into immediate service - such as the Aubagne - now we will move with a finer-tooth comb to acquire anything that may remain in the wrecks. For, as we know quite well in Gallia and in Sirius, it is not our money that will get us the technology we need, but the relationship, and there are only an unfortunate few that trust us that much to give up their secrets. But when they leave them behind, well...let's just say there's a Sirian saying about one man's trash. If these warlords deem fit to clash above our skies, it is only fair that we seek our own reparation when they offer none.

Should we manage to find any more vessels up to par, I would suggest their use as a diplomatic bargaining chip. I understand Patron Cartier has a love for the power of force, but unfortunately I do not believe either the Royalists or the Council will find it particularly charming if we begin to enforce the sovereignty of the Minarchy with their arch-enemy's technology, oui? The Aubagne is already a difficult explanation to make, although I suppose with just enough exterior damage its identity as particularly Royalist or anti-Royalist would be up for debate. Anyway, I will leave the channel open for now. My work calls for me.

À la prochaine.