Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. (/showthread.php?tid=171145)

Pages: 1 2

To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. - Independent Miners Guild - 06-04-2019

[Image: qVA0gnr.jpg]

To: Lane Hackers Professorship.
Origin: Madeira Base, Omega-47, Omega Indepedent Worlds.
Encryption: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code.

Good evening.

The loss of Aland Shipyard in the March, 826 A.S. have taken it's heavy toll upon our operations in Omegas, mainly- deprieved us of any ship construction capabilities in the region - our main shipyard, Singapore, is located in Taus and servicing all the ships in the opposite part of Sirius is not really convenient.
Since the day of the loss of Aland, The Guildmasters have considered upgrading one of the two remaining facilities in the region to replace the lost shipyard, and finally - Operation "Kongde-Ri" - read-only access - have been commenced.

I hope we can rely on the assistance of the Lane Hackers; provide cargo manifests below.
Compensation will be paid in full once the operation is completed.

~Kirigiri Kyoko.

Attachments: None.

To: Kyoto Nigiri - Glass - 06-04-2019

...transmission.detected...scanning...routing.to.recipient...recipient.unavailable...rerouting...
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143e.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Mx. Kirigiri;

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately the professorship didn't... weren't... ... weren't in the office! They were simply not present to be able to take your call, and so I'll be your point of contact.

We can understand the importance of maintaining decentralised operations, and being able to service a variety of clients. We would be glad to assist in this matter, and will dispatch transports shortly, but we must first establish a few things. It would be helpful to us if you would permit us to, on our first arrival to Madeira, download a diversity of information pertaining to the local and nearby systems' layouts, as well as preferred routing, allied patrols, and information regarding hostile presences. We would also seek that, being part of construction of a considerable upgrade, we are in future granted access permanently to at-cost construction and services at this facility. Finally, if you could clarify the bonus applied to Super Alloy shipments, it would be appreciated.

Should you not find these terms disagreeable we look forward to shipping to you shortly, beginning with those resources most available to us. Thank you again for your business.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. - Independent Miners Guild - 06-04-2019

To: Glass.

Mr. Glass.

It is not about The Professorship specifically receiving this message; we in the Guild acknowledge their wisdom, and believe each professor being a busy person. Nonetheless, i appreciate the quick and thorough response to my inquiry.
As much as i appreciate the remarkable desire to assist the Guild in mending our injures and, to an extent, fortifying our positions in Omegas. Rest assured The Lane Hackers will be granted access to all the information requested, as well as permanent access to the newly constructed facilities for construction and service of your vessels. However, you are expected to understand that the Guild's own projects will be given a higher priority.

Finally, i am grateful to you for outlining the flaw in the information provided regarding the bonus payments for shipments, and the information have been updated accordingly.

Besides, i would like to know if it would be within the capabilities of the Lane Hackers to write and compile a simple automation software for transports and radio detonators. The latter should be bound to the two certain points in space and activate explosive charges once the transports reach the targets. Would this happen to be well within the capabilities of The Lane Hackers, would they be willing to assign an operative to the task and, should this be possible - what would be the price of the handwritten software?

~Kirigiri Kyoko.

It's a terrible strain on the animator's wrist. - Glass - 06-05-2019

...uploading.data...

Mx. Kirigiri;

Just Glass would suffice. I am glad that you find our terms agreeable. We understand that the Guild's internal projects would take precedence. Still, we are happy to have such use of the facilities, and will proceed with shipments to be detailed in this channel, briefly.

Your inquiry regarding customised software is intriguing. Could you clarify the purpose to be fulfilled? I take it that transport vessels, laden with explosives, would be flown toward particular targets, abandoned, and then left to drift toward the target until the payload is detonated at a particular time - is that correct? If so, this is within our capability. Financial and time cost for the project would be able to be estimated once the target, range, and specific ship are detailed. I can however, guarantee that this software would not be handwritten.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. - Independent Miners Guild - 06-05-2019

Glass.

I could, but, unfortunately, i am well aware of the notoriety of the Lane Hackers. Information is nothing but an object of trade for you. One you believe can be sold for your benefit - be it credits or a favor.
You know the value of information well enough.
Should this information get into the hands of Bretonia - they will not be too fond of it. Before i proceed - i would prefer to demand this information to be fully confidential, and under no circumstances handed out to the interested parties. I need guarantees.
Otherwise - you are either going to do your job blindly, or not to do it at all.

The choice is yours.

~Kirigiri Kyoko.

To: Kyokoyoko Bikini - Glass - 06-06-2019

...uploading.data...

Mx. Kirigiri;

You can appreciate that the information we buy and sell is valuable because it has impacts on groups to which it refers, usually negative. You can also understand that our business partners being negatively impacted, particularly after they've agreed for us to be able to make at-cost use of their facilities, would negatively impact us. That being the case, such information is not something we're going to be giving away. It is for the same reason that we have allies, who we don't sell out.

Beyond that, you've already mentioned Bretonia, and the method of such an attack - should you carry on without us, it would not be difficult for us to deduce which attack you had facilitated from the news on the neural net. We'd rather be in a position to profit from your intents from the outset. As such, if you could carry on providing the specific details requested, it would expedite the availability of the solution.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. - Independent Miners Guild - 06-06-2019

In the March, 826 A.S. in their desperate situation on the front lines, Bretonia have laid claim on Aland Shipyard. The Guild, in full understanding of their position, have made several attempts to provide the crumbling Kingdom with alternative options that was not involving 'nationalisation' of Aland.
In their unlimited idiocy and stubbornness, all the options provided have been denied, and we had to rally a sufficient force to repel the hostile incrusion. A chain of unfortunate events have resulted in force takeover of the shipyard and additional nationalisation of Cardiff, our mining facility in Cambridge, that was later scuttled in a joint attack of the Guild and the Mollys.

We are not going to just let Bretonia stomp on everything we stood for and get away with this; after the loss of Aland, no reparations have been paid, and not a single apology was sounded towards The Guild. Not that the Guildmasters have had high hopes of hearing anything from people blinded by their imperialistic ambitions, covered by noble motives.

Aland has to share the fate of Cardiff. The Guild will not tolerate anyone's overconfidence and such incrusions and misrespective treatment. This is going to be a stage play of two actions, and the first one will involve distracting Bretonia's attention from Aland - by setting up a decoy diversion on Battleship Norfolk. It will involve the mentioned automated transports loaded with explosives, that will be set on collision course with the battleship and, ultimately, will render it incapable of responding to the threat for the time enough for us to set up and finish the main act of our stage play in Omega 3.

I hope this clarifies everything you wanted to know.

~Kirigiri Kyoko.

Metagross Protocol - Glass - 06-07-2019

...uploading.data...

Mx. Kirigiri;

That was altogether much more information than I needed. I suppose I am grateful for the context. Nevertheless, we simply need to know what model of ship you intend to rig. Navigational software is not what we intend to create, and so a simple timed explosive detonation sequence will suffice for your needs. We will distribute this code amongst the software to be delivered to Madeira upon our agreement of a deal. I will seek a price estimate without the ship information, despite the dependence on it. That, or how much and of what explosives you intend to rig on the ship, is important information.

Aside from all of that business, I have personally seen to the first shipment of the requested resources to your facility for its works. May it serve you well.

Nothing Personnel - Glass - 06-07-2019

...uploading.data...

Mx. Kirigiri;

As a brief update on the previous, we will be unable to provide the requested solution. Our support of such an attack is contrary to our interest in moderated regional stability, and given the force of the Gallic incursion, disabling the Bretonians further would be dangerous.

On the topic of Gallic incursions, I understand that Guild assets were nationalised by the Gallic forces in the Taus, including stations and fields. Surely you would have no interest in furthering their advance toward territories in which you hold claims? And at the least, shouldn't some defensive or, at least retaliatory efforts have been undertaken? You don't seem to lack passion for insidious plots - as a compliment.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers Professorship. - Independent Miners Guild - 06-07-2019

Very well. The compensation for your efforts will be provided as soon as you give us the name of the Neural Net account to send our token of gratitude to.
While we may be reluctant to see Gallia advancing in their Bretonia campaign - we, in the meantime, have little to no concern regarding of what happens to Crayter Republic and their masters, the Bretonian imperialists.
We, however, understand your reluctance to support us in weakening their positions - even indirectly. I still hope this is not going to disrupt our initial agreement on which i have contacted the Lane Hackers; given the developments - i suggest we focus entirely on it and do not bring up the latter anymore.

How does that sound?

~Kirigiri Kyoko.