Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Bug Reports (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=573)
+----- Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] (/showthread.php?tid=171282)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Kazinsal - 06-12-2019

I will take your "just delete it then" suggestion into consideration. In the meantime I suggest you sober up and stop swearing on the forums before Markam gets displeased.

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Chronicron - 06-12-2019

(06-11-2019, 09:16 AM)Durandal Wrote: Arrastra

- Nanobots: 170 -> 145
- Batteries: 170 -> 145
- Core Capacity: 39130 -> 29000
- Core Regen: 2350 -> 1650
- Responsiveness: 0.4759 -> 0.4989
- Weapon arcs buffed. All 7 guns/turrets now fire forward.

you nerfed sturmrrastra. you do not nerf sturmrrastra without consequences.

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Nepotu - 06-12-2019

Having the thing you love most about this mod yeeted it's frustrating. So many years invested in only one thing to get somehow decent and to have fun with it went down the drain.

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Markam - 06-12-2019

Give it a chance Nepotu, there are plenty of bombers flying around that you can SNAC to get your fill.

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Oggdo Bogdo - 06-12-2019

cba

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - JonasHudson - 06-12-2019

Well, this seems like a big nerf of a lot of things. These things were all really so off?

On the topic of snac, I never saw a problem with them and the ability to spew an antimater blast that would obviously rip through a fighter. in RL one missile will take you out, the concussion from a nearby explosion can tear you up. i could never imagine being insta'd by one and then going to complain to someone thay it was bad, when it was only bad for me. I learned to do it too a bit.

Sadly bombers are more dead, shfs are more dead. scortchers were already useless, coronas are useless, and you made it EASIER to bat away torps with flaks???? Flaks killed bombers as it was, now novas are even more useless, and they were only a main go to because nothing else is really usefull anymore. Now its all even less useful. Due to flaks, its been years since a single bomber could engage a cruiser with any point. Why was that so bad again?

I agree the snac changes were never necessary. It seems like balance around here is determined by what those who control things fly and go up against. It seems like the same groups suffering to appease the other same group. Please do not delege any of these things. I cant think of anything that should be removed right now, all the weapons are flashy, unique and fun to use. Balance seems more so judged by what happenes in big group fights when the majority of their use actually comes outside events, outside group battles, with encounters of only 1-3 ships at a time.

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Reeves - 06-12-2019

(06-12-2019, 03:55 AM)JonasHudson Wrote: Well, this seems like a big nerf of a lot of things. These things were all really so off?

On the topic of snac, I never saw a problem with them and the ability to spew an antimater blast that would obviously rip through a fighter. in RL one missile will take you out, the concussion from a nearby explosion can tear you up. i could never imagine being insta'd by one and then going to complain to someone thay it was bad, when it was only bad for me. I learned to do it too a bit.

Sadly bombers are more dead, shfs are more dead. scortchers were already useless, coronas are useless, and you made it EASIER to bat away torps with flaks???? Flaks killed bombers as it was, now novas are even more useless, and they were only a main go to because nothing else is really usefull anymore. Now its all even less useful. Due to flaks, its been years since a single bomber could engage a cruiser with any point. Why was that so bad again?

I agree the snac changes were never necessary. It seems like balance around here is determined by what those who control things fly and go up against. It seems like the same groups suffering to appease the other same group. Please do not delege any of these things. I cant think of anything that should be removed right now, all the weapons are flashy, unique and fun to use. Balance seems more so judged by what happenes in big group fights when the majority of their use actually comes outside events, outside group battles, with encounters of only 1-3 ships at a time.

Torpedoes useless? Challenge accepted. Also, cruisers and flak? I think you mean battlecruisers. Cruisers tend to try dodging them if they're nimble enough but the heavy variations will struggle if you apply strategy and divide their focus. I know this because I lead a faction that has to either roll caps with nothing but bombers or get rolled. And the years have been enlightening as to how to efficiently make use of the allegedly useless novas.

I actually don't have a problem with this change. I think the Falchion is still problematic, the Lhotse needs to be dialled back a notch and the Titan given its long overdue nerf - seeing as all its major rivals were also nerfed to prepare for this(being bad with the ship and threatening to quit isn't a sufficient nerf). The Manta is still a dumpster-fire in any regard aside from a generous CD-arc but that's not going to really save anyone, I'd also suggest swapping the Hammerhead's CD and gun arc to match the Manta. There's a lot of stuff I have noted down.

Anyway, it's nice to know I can counter an SHF now and won't have to deal with abuse of scatter-guns either. A step in the right direction, but I think there's still some major problems that are yet to be addressed as mentioned above.

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Saronsen - 06-12-2019

150 range scatters Wtf
Entirely useless against literally anything now thanks boy I sure feel safe hugging this gunboat at 150 meters

At least SHFs are entirely useless again god bless

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Immortality23 - 06-12-2019

So, this is the closest we're getting to a happy Nepo, I can live with that.
Shame Scatters are 150 range. 400 would have more than been enough of a nerf to make them not OP, but also not be utter trash, guess we'll watch the EMP/SNAC bombers resurgence then (sun)

RE: Discovery 4.91 Patch 12 Balance Changes [12/6/2019] - Saronsen - 06-12-2019

Nah fam, asuras chaingun