Discovery Gaming Community
Am gone - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Leaving Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=350)
+---- Thread: Am gone (/showthread.php?tid=171580)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Am gone - Implosion - 06-23-2019

I have been presented with the following options to choose from:

Option A: Stay here and continue to waste my life away on video games.
Option B: Actually do something with my life.

Jokes aside, as you have noticed, I haven't been around much lately, at first it was supposed to be just a vacation, but I have been thinking. With my current limited spare time and my inability to motivate myself enough to actually invest that time in Disco, I've decided it's time to call it quits. I've been around here for a loooong while and my ultimate goal was to eventually become part of the staff and do my part to keep this place alive. And eventually I did. My promotion to GM might be seen as questionable by some of you. Many may call me a traitor and perhaps a backstabber and I won't blame you. You are free to think of me whatever you desire. The truth is, even though ownership/leadership of the server changed, the situation remained the same for me. I had a job and I had no intention of deserting my post, especially in a time like this. Sure, we had some efups , but no one is perfect. We tried our best to change the system and go back to the roots - a time when every individual player mattered. Alas, to this date, we're still not there and I urge everybody to stop for a moment and reconsider their actions. This place won't work for long unless we realize that sometimes making a compromise is a good thing. Sometimes you just gotta stop thinking about your own ass and help others around you. While other times, you gotta take a punch like a man and carry on.

In the last years, I've seen a great increase in the number of people who believe they are entitled to something. Be it respect, or unique stuff, power or whatever else they desired. Thing is, no one owes you a thing until you earn it. The sooner people realize this, the better. You can't keep on taking without giving something in return.

Remember, people. This place cannot exist without you. Every single one of you matters. The mods, the devs, the GMs, the faction leaders and last but not least, the most important group of people - the players. The haters, the quiet ones, those with and without thousands of posts in flood, those who spend their time on the forums writing roleplay, those of you who shoot stuff all day long, those of you powertrade to no end, those of you who dedicate day after day to their incredible stories. Every single one of you matters. Because without you, this place won't exist.

You have created an unique experience that cannot be compared to anything else on this earth. The sheer size of the player created content and it's implementation is mind boggling. I'm proud to have been part of this and I will never forget this place.

But alas, I digress. I realize most of you dislike me and I'm completely fine with that. I didn't have many friends and I didn't really need them.
So yeah, this is it, am gone. For good this time. I might lurk from time to time, but that's about it. Now then, rejoice, for Implosion is finally gone.
Oh before I forget, time to mention those who left a good impression during my stay here. Thank you.

@The Core - Best faction ever. Then again, I might be biased. You guys rock.
@Order - There is no Core without the Order. Just like there is no day without the night.
@r3vange - Batcrap crazy and twice as fun.
@Ponse - My brother from another mother
@Ceoran - Numero uno person that helped me out when I first started playing. Haven't been around in ages.
@Lythrilux - For putting up with my a lot crap on a regular basis
@nevrozac - For taking my duties within the Core and keeping stuff running
@Dino - For taking the time to actually explain stuff in a calm and effective way
@Thunderer - For showing me next level combat techniques
@Pepe - For being the best sport in this whole server. Cheers, brother!
@Jessitrescott - For being weird.
@Piombo65 - Boh. I'm sorry for being hard on you from time to time.
@Dashiell - Another old school hero of mine
@Disco Devs - For keeping this place alive
@Durandal - For his surprisingly accurate military-like combat coordination
@Docent - For being the best APM leader to date.
@Omicron - For being archenemy of the Core for so long. No hard feelings bro
@Shooter - The Angry sounding sweetheart of a CR leader. There is no CR without Shooter. #Deimosarmada
@Reeves - For always keeping his RP next level. o7
@Atreides - You know why, you glorious bastard.
@Chuba - You are indeed special. <3
@Megaera - I feel bad for forgetting to put you here. You're awesome. Keep on doing what you're doing.
@All those that I did not mention. You know who you are and you know you are all awesome.

~Implosion, master of typos.

RE: Am gone - Kalhmera - 06-23-2019

We will miss you

RE: Am gone - Dino - 06-23-2019

Good luck with your RL, Implo. Hope we'll see each other again soon.

RE: Am gone - Thunderer - 06-23-2019

Does this mean Steiner is officially taking over?

RE: Am gone - Chuba - 06-23-2019

aw i did not get my own special @, anyhow goodbye lad. you were pretty great

RE: Am gone - Bannorn - 06-23-2019

Deeply sad to see you go. Fair winds old chap.

RE: Am gone - Couden - 06-23-2019

Thank you for all you done Impo. Hope you're back in a one sunny day.

RE: Am gone - Kauket - 06-23-2019

Quote:@Durandal - For his surprisingly accurate military-like

what

RE: Am gone - Sombs - 06-23-2019

RE: Am gone - Karlotta - 06-23-2019

All the best in life, you were one of the cooler people, who was able to talk to others without prejudice. Hope you come back when and if this place becomes less stressful.