Discovery Gaming Community
Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? (/showthread.php?tid=171816)

Pages: 1 2 3

Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - SnakeLancerHaven - 07-07-2019

[Image: 0HQQBIh.png]

First of all, always flying around the Sun as an AI from Gammu is painful as back in the day the delta hole was alot closer, at least with the sun out of way we'd just direct Go-To.

The other thing is if we'd move the sun between Delta and Gamma hole people would have to fly around it in which way it'd have a faster-response time for AI's from Gammu, still not best but at least we'd get a lil advantage.

The other thing is, removing the sun gives Systems a very nice chilling Dark theme (or moving the sun very far away, I don't remember how brightness works) which I think would feel on point for a place like that with a new alien entity rising from a cold ice planet.

So I dunno what would make the system darker as removing it completely if I remember made it completely dark. Alltho that would make things interesting aswell as the Drone itself is already shiny with its pulsing green light so seeing AI NPCs flying like that in a dark place would also look interesting. Thoughts?

ADDED:

Also seriously this has been brought up a couple of times, the old layout fitted that system alot better plus it would fix the thing I mentioned above:

[Image: d37xc22-40ab6dfa-a257-414c-9a98-51a6d206...wt-CyAsGWY]

Additional to that as you can see there's one big sun at the corner and a small one in the middle, by removing that small one and leaving the big one behind the system would turn alot darker but it wouldn't go pitch black.

RE: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - Kalhmera - 07-07-2019

Sorry but no, Systems are supposed to have some obstacles and go arounds. some systems have the sun in the center and it just so happens this one does. To move the sun and break lore for the sake of "go to" faster is kinda selfish.

RE: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - SnakeLancerHaven - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 05:26 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: Sorry but no, Systems are supposed to have some obstacles and go arounds. some systems have the sun in the center and it just so happens this one does. To move the sun and break lore for the sake of "go to" faster is kinda selfish.

You do realize the old Kappa didn't have that and both Primus and Gammu had the holes nearby, so why did the system got changed to begin with? Revert it back to the old one then if you're so worried about breaking lore and stuff.

No, it got changed to this so dont make it more painful for AI players to be ready for action.

[Image: d37xc22-40ab6dfa-a257-414c-9a98-51a6d206...wt-CyAsGWY]

Firstly what AI players? Secondly Its literally going around a sun like its not a huge deal. We need story progression not moving a sun because you cant be bothered to go around it >.< cmon mate.

RE: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - Connor - 07-07-2019

Turning Kappa into a system with Rogue Planets by removing the sun would be pretty cool. Kinda suits the skybox.

RE: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - SnakThree - 07-07-2019

Obstacles for Go-To AFK method is great opportunity to intercept lazy AFKers. This system most likely is too far off for any meaningful interaction between trader-pirate (or similar) so dunno.

RE: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - Loken - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 05:26 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: Sorry but no, Systems are supposed to have some obstacles and go arounds. some systems have the sun in the center and it just so happens this one does. To move the sun and break lore for the sake of "go to" faster is kinda selfish.

So moving a sun for an actual gameplay improvement is a no go because of lore but moving an entire station because "Snak3 wanted to" is fine?

(07-07-2019, 06:20 PM)Loken Wrote:

So moving a sun for an actual gameplay improvement is a no go because of lore but moving an entire station because "Snak3 wanted to" is fine?

oh quit your complaining about Snak already, the man is the head of an Official Faction the ONLY official Ageira faction and made a request to move the station for RP purposes. Moving a sun because you cant be bothered to fly around it is lazy.

EDIT: Make an Ageira faction if you are so bothered by it and go official to challenge him.

RE: Move or Remove the sun from Omicron Kappa? - Lucas - 07-07-2019

How about you rework Kappa to be a decent system instead?
Anyone with me?

(07-07-2019, 06:31 PM)Lucas Wrote: How about you rework Kappa to be a decent system instead?
Anyone with me?

There is nothing wrong with the system, we need story progression not layout changes cuz you are to lazy to fly around a sun.