Discovery Gaming Community
To: RFP| ; From: Rell Harrow, .:j:. Congressman - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: RFP| ; From: Rell Harrow, .:j:. Congressman (/showthread.php?tid=171819)

To: RFP| ; From: Rell Harrow, .:j:. Congressman - Tenseiken - 07-07-2019

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: LOW SECURITY

COMMUNICATION INITIATED

[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

[Image: Lrvfg9Q.jpg]

Greetings.
My name is Rell Harrow.
As the comm header already stated, I am a congressman of the Junker Congress.

To preface my message, I should note that I seem to have a bit of a problem with niceties and politics and prefer to talk plain and simple.
I do apologize if this message is in any way unfriendly or too direct.

A bit more than a month ago, I formulated and presented a request in the Rheinland government's civilian tech registry channels.
Sadly, this request has not seen any response as of yet. I recently heard rumors of some form of upheaval or unrest within Rheinland, even though I am not sure whose stories I should believe.
Dave is a solid mate and, given that one fills his mug with some Rheinland beer, will always hand out good advice. Nevertheless, his stories do at times get out of hand and discerning fact from fiction becomes more difficult the more he sloshes.
Regardless, back to the matter at hand.
As it stands, I have come to question whether my request was even seen, let alone considered, as people must be busy if the rumors got this far.
I hope to somehow resolve this issue within an acceptable frame of time and, considering that the proud members of the police force are who actually uphold the peace within Rheinland, decided to contact you directly.
Below, you will find a transcript of my original request, as it was handed to the tech registry in its entirety.

I come to you with a somewhat strange request. One of our pilots had a conversation about this with Admiral von Ehrenberg of the Rheinland Military and was redirected to the civilian channels.
I would like to request that I and my apprentice in learning, Alexander Behrens, be allowed to fly a Z-8550 "Pitbull", also commonly known as a "Pirate Train", inside Rheinland space.
While the vessel does not seem to be under any restrictions within Rheinland, I learned that registering it could help with the prevention of what the Admiral called "misunderstandings".
So far, it has not been constructed, as I would like to request and hopefully acquire permission first.

This brings us to my reason for use of the vessel. Junkers often work in hazardous environments. These hazards include but are not limited to weapon fire, explosive gas clouds and, most importantly, strong radition. Most vessels cannot be reinforced without offsetting their balance, which is important for atmospheric entry of any kind. I originally planned to reinforce a different ship until I came across rudimentary construction plans for this vessel type. Most radiation absorbant materials are very heavy and would either unbalance the vessel, preventing it from landing on any planet, or would need to be spread evenly, which would drastically increase the mass and thus make it much slower.
The Z-8550 is barely more than a strong engine with a few cargo containers strapped to it. The position of the cockpit would allow me to reinforce the armour with radiation absorbing materials where necessary without unbalancing the ship, as the main weight would be placed in the immediate vicinity of the engine. This would allow for a minimal increase in drag force while greatly increasing the protection of the health of my crew. This might become a pilot project for the future of the Congress and its members, pun unintended.

In order to make this special request work, I will adapt one of the standard request forms. This request is special in that I would only need to acquire permission, not the actual vessel, from the house of Rheinland.

Ship type requested, amount:
Z-8550 "Pitbull", x1
Name of ship or ships (not required from official tagged Rheinland corporations): .:j:.Einsamkeit
IDentification of ship(s): .:j:. Junker Congress
Owner(s) of ship(s): Rell Harrow, Congressman of the Junker Congress; Alexander Behrens, Congressman of the Junker Congress
Purpose: Transportation of legal cargo across Sirius, including Rheinland

I thank you for your time.
Kind Regards,
Rell Harrow, Congressman.

And that is pretty much the entirety of it.
How would I go about moving this request forward, considering that the appropriate channels do not seem to show any sort of reaction or activity?
Would you be able to help me with this or could you potentially point me towards someone who can?

With sincere apologies for potentially taking up your valuable time;
Rell Harrow, Congressman

COMMUNICATION ON HOLD; AWAITING REPLY

RE: To: RFP| ; From: Rell Harrow, .:j:. Congressman - Tenseiken - 07-14-2019

TIMER COMPLETE: 7 DAYS

REROUTING

COMMUNICATION CYCLE INITIATED

MESSAGE SENT

COMMUNICATION CYCLE COMPLETE

CYCLE COUNT 1/3

RE: To: RFP| ; From: Rell Harrow, .:j:. Congressman - Kaiserliche Polizei Rheinlands - 07-15-2019

[Image: WpBz8ED.png]
[Image: lxVIpPdm.png]

Rheinland Federal Police – Bundesgrenzschutz

[Image: 4YTJfn9t.jpg]

SENDER: POLIZEIDIREKTOR EARL ZORN
PRIORITY: █ █ ░ ░ ░
RECIPTIANTS: XXX
SUBJECT: Pirate Train

Encrypted Video Transmission

Guten Tag Red Harrow

I do apologise for the extended delay in getting to your comm. It was put to one side as a low priority due to certain situations in Rheinland.

Your request to fly the Z-8550 “Pitbull” (Pirate Train) in Rheinland space is an unusual request. I have read through as to why you request this specific vessel. I must inform you that this vessel is not on our restricted vessel registry, so you are free to use it as you wish. I understand even though this is the case, you merely informed us so that we don’t mistake you for a pirate. I would like to thank you for the decency to do so. It saves both of us a lot of running around and misunderstanding.

I would like to advise you though, that the use of this vessel should be used for lawful means within Rheinland space. If people start using this within Rheinland space for unlawful means, then we will have to relook at this and possibly add it onto the restricted list.

Just to safeguard yourself, please provide me with your vessels name, so that I can communicate to my officers that if they encounter your vessel, they should not mistaken you for a pirate as well as if there is any reports of illegal activity, we can make it clear that you were not the person involved. Last thing I would like is to have you falsely accused, while you are just doing your job.

I hope this news has made your day, and that you can fly peacefully within Rheinland without being harassed by officers of the law.

Danke

TRANSMISSION ENDED

E Zorn
Direktor Earl Zorn
Bundesgrenzschutz

[Image: vmnYejo.png]

[Image: K2AnjKb.png]

RE: To: RFP| ; From: Rell Harrow, .:j:. Congressman - Tenseiken - 07-15-2019

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: LOW SECURITY

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

[Image: Lrvfg9Q.jpg]

I duly thank you for your time. You, as the director of the police force, must be quite busy and I am grateful for your help in this.
As stated previously, the vessel has not been constructed as of yet. However, once that process is complete, it will fly under the name .:j:.Einsamkeit.
All cargo that we plan to transport will of course be legal. The congress very much honors the laws of Rheinland. Or at least all the ones I personally know honor them.
The pilots will be both me, Rell Harrow, and Alexander Behrens, my apprentice in learning, who is a former Rheinland citizen and who took refuge on a Junker vessel due to the seemingly imminent death of his home world, planet Nuremberg.
Again, I thank you for taking time out of your day and helping me with this. I wish you a nice day.

COMMUNICATION TERMINATED; REPLY POSSIBLE