Discovery Gaming Community
.:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: .:j:. (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+------ Forum: Archives (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+------ Thread: .:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow (/showthread.php?tid=172057)

.:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Tenseiken - 07-19-2019

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: LOW SECURITY

COMMUNICATION INITIATED

[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

ACCESS FOR ".:j:.": Read; Write

ACCESS FOR "OTHER": Read Only

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

[Image: Lrvfg9Q.jpg]

Hello, fellow congressmen and congresswomen.
My name is Rell Harrow and I offer you payment in exchange for the delivery of certain goods that I require to be brought to Vieques Shipyard in Puerto Rico.
For a good while now, I have been looking for a vessel that can be properly reinforced against radiation without unbalancing it too badly.
I came across a few rudimentary plans for the construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", also commonly known as a "Pirate Train".
With all of the ship's crew quarters being near the engine, the main weight will be added there. Therefore, while it will become heavier, it will not become unbalanced, as the primary weight increase will be near the source of propulsion.
This project might well reduce the health issues that come from extended stays in highly irradiated areas and therefore may be able to increase the safety of members of the congress across Sirius.
I have also come across some additional ideas for energy sources that, while expensive, will likely offset the weight increase and leave the ship's agility untouched.
I have even made a few alterations that might well allow the vessel to complete clean, planetary landings, by adding additional, rotational thrusters. I don't yet know if they will be able to fire while the main engine is active, but they are strong enough to lift the vessel, so it's an attempt worth trying.

These goals may sound grand and potentially too good to be true. In order to find out if my idea holds true when applied to reality, I want to construct a prototype.
Due to the experimental nature of the changes to the vessel and because I don't want to use up the resources of the fine people on the shipyard, I need my own materials. While some of the more daring engineers aboard Vieques have agreed to help me in my endeavour, transporting the entirety of the required goods to Puerto Rico would take far more time than I have available, especially considering that my aunt Marie needs someone to look after her.

As such, I offer this transportation contract to other members of the congress.

This ship will be registered with the Republic of Liberty. As such, they will gain read access to this comm, once the construction is complete.
House officials will see the entirety of this, so keep the jokes down, alright?

For every cargo unit delivered, I offer you a payment of 1750 credits. And yes, this does mean that bulkier cargo will fetch more.
The list is as follows:

Ablative Armor Plating
Required: 6500
Delivered: 7610

Basic Alloy
Required: 3000
Delivered: 3580

Boron
Required: 1000
Delivered: 1000

Critical Temperature Alloy

Energy Field Equipment
Required: 500
Delivered: 500

Engine Components
Required: 4000
Delivered: 4000

Gravity Fields Stabilizers
Required: 100
Delivered: 100

Heat Sinks
Required: 500
Delivered: 500

High Temperature Alloys
Required: 1500
Delivered: 1500

Industrial Hardware

Manifolds
Required: 5000
Delivered: 5000

Nanocapacitors

Optical Chips

Polymers
Required: 2500
Delivered: 2500

Quantum Multiplexors
Required: 200
Delivered: 200

Robotics

Ship Hull Panels
Required: 7800
Delivered: 7800

Super Alloy
Required: 7500
Delivered: 7580

Superconductors
Required: 2000
Delivered: 2805

Xenobiotic Filters

In addition to this, I require one "Ingenuus Power Cell".
I had previously underestimated how difficult these are to procure. No matter. I've come this far. I won't see my work stopped by such a barrier. This is for the health of my crew and potentially the crews of the congress.
If these cells are as powerful as the research group advertises, then we may well be able to use this technology in other vessel types. But each would be far more expensive than a regular ship due to the cost of the cell. So I am hoping to merely use my prototype and find out how much energy is truly necessary.
The .:j:.Einsamkeit will remain as the first prototype, seing as it nears completion. In addition to that, we may be able to downgrade the former primary reactor to an emergency power source and rebuild the infrastrucutre of the secondary one. We'll likely never be able to use the cell's full potential. Still. This may well create very useful data. I will never be able to recreate such a thing. But I might be able to find out how much power we really need and design a new engine fit for the task.
Required: 1
Delivered: 0

PlasFoam Conduits
Required: 250
Delivered: 290

I will have work begin as soon as any goods are delivered and will also begin transportation myself.
If you want your payout, you will need to bring visual proof of delivery as per usual.
And with that, I am off to start hauling the cargo.

COMMUNICATION ON HOLD; OPEN TO REPLY

RE: .:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Tenseiken - 07-19-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

Alright, I've made a start.
I've brought in the following cargo so far, just so you fellas know what still needs transporting:

5000 Manifolds
100 Gravity Field Stabilizers
500 Heast Sinks
1000 Industrial Hardware
1000 Optical Chips

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1
Delivery 2
Delivery 3

That's the first bit done and I was told that the engineers already started on the assembly.

RE: .:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Tenseiken - 07-20-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

A bit more of the cargo has been brought in. While it's more than I originally planned for, I imagine that any leftovers can be used on the shipyard.

7610 Ablative Armor Plating

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1
Delivery 2

If nobody wants to jump in, I can finish this myself eventually. But that means that none of you buggers will earn any money from me.

RE: .:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Tenseiken - 07-20-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

One more, a bit of the required cargo was brought in. With this boron, we can start shaping the manifolds properly. I'll stay at Vieques for a moment and get on with the construction.

1000 Boron
3580 Basic Alloy
2805 Superconductors
4000 Engine Components

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1
Delivery 2
Delivery 3

RE: .:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Tenseiken - 07-21-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

I am.... tired. Oh so very tired.
Aunt Marie is taken care of, she's sleeping right now. My first mate Earl is trying to help with the construction, and I think I'll let him work with the engineers for a while, as long as he stays sober, that is.
As it stands, I have only managed to bring in one load of miscellaneous cargo since my last entry here.
Ugh. I need sleep. Regardless, here're the things I've brought in.

1000 Critical Temperature Alloy
1500 High-Temperature Alloy
1000 Xenobiotic Filters

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1

RE: .:j:. Construction of a Z-8550 "Pitbull", payment offered; Sender: Rell Harrow - Tenseiken - 07-21-2019

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

Remember how I said that I was tired?
Yeah, that was an understatement. I took off from the station without ever unloading the goods. I only realized this when I reached Harrisburg, where I bought the quantum multiplexors. Luckily, there was still enough room in the hold but I did waste a lot of time this way. When I checked my comms, I had multiple missed messages from Earl, asking me what I was doing.
Sorry, Earl. My bad. I've brought it all in now, as well as some more stuff.
Oh, and I did get attacked by a random rogue. Shot him down and tractored him in. I later dropped him off at a nearby police base.
Also, when I grabbed the polymers, the people on the station convinced me that PlasFoam conduits are quite helpful when it comes to blocking electromagnetic pulses. Considering the way in which I planned out the secondary reactor, that stuff will be quite useful.

200 Quantum Multiplexors
500 Energy Field Equipment
1000 Nanocapacitors
290 PlasFoam Conduits
2500 Polymers Conduits
1000 Robotics

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1
Delivery 2
Delivery 3

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

It's been a busy day.
I've brought the missing super alloys as well as most of the ship hull panels.
I delivered some manifolds to the Junkers in New Berlin on the way. They pay well for those.
All I need now is the remaining ship hull panels and that energy cell.

7580 Super Alloy
7580 Ship Hull Panels

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1
Delivery 2
Delivery 3
Delivery 4
Delivery 5
Delivery 6

COMMUNICATION RESUMED

VISUAL LINK ACTIVE

Okay, we're almost done.
The last 220 units of ship hull panels have been brought in.

220 Ship Hull Panels

Cargo manifests:
Delivery 1