Discovery Gaming Community
MNS - The New Fight - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: MNS - The New Fight (/showthread.php?tid=172065)

MNS - The New Fight - Maltese News Service - 07-20-2019

[Image: udzqkql.png]
Republica de Malta

Maltese News Service

'An informed society is a strong society'

THE NEW FIGHT
The fight for Malta has begun in earnest, and will be expected to shatter stereotypes.
Focus from the Kusari front diverted!
By: Jacqueline Messier

Following a government declaration yesterday held on board the Liner Barcelona, the decision was made by a unanimous vote of officials (8 ye, 2 abstentions) to begin the war for the homeworld. While the fight for the Tau Sector continues to blaze, and casualties are expected to be high, the growing discourse and incompetence of the nationalists is expected to work in favor of the Republic. Such an endeavour is a milestone for our nation, and a proclamation that many throughout Sirius will likely not forget.

President de la Zerda, who presided over the hearing yesterday, had this to say regarding the sudden decision to kick off 'The Counter-Crusade':

"I often get asked why I do a lot of things. A lot of people have many obscure reasons to why they do the things they do. Mine are fueled by the passions and desires of the people of the Republic, among other things, but that itself is my primary motivation."

When asked how she expects the war to pan out, she had this to say in response:

"When you look out of the windows on this ship, do you see our home? No. More often than not it's a station or a rocky asteroid platform in the middle of space. Sometimes it may be the home of our allies. We've waited long enough sitting out here claiming to work for the Maltese people's betterment, and I think it's past time that we begin to make good on these claims. We have the knowledge, the support and the passion to see this through, and with the constant internal struggles of the homeworld, I believe we have a very real possibility of reuniting Malta under a prosperous and strong flag. It may be slow and bloody at first, but we've never been afraid to spill blood if it meant our dreams became closer to reality. I expect this war to go well, all things considered. We have the best minds and best friends we could ask for at our sides. All that stands in our way is those who would oppose progress. Time has proven that these people don't last forever."

With the introduction of supply and relief from the south, and the reopening of communications with many of the nationalist's enemies out east, reports are positive about the Republic's odds, and while it's expected that the war against Gallia will continue unabated, focus will be shifted towards the homeworld.

Many within the cabinet appear to be enthusiastic about this change of pace as well, most notable being Mr. Randall M. Santiago, the Secretary of Defense. Following the conference and announcement, he seemed ecstatic when approached by MNS news crews. When asked what the Armed Forces' plan for this was, he said this:

"I'm afraid I can't get too much into it. You do a public broadcast with these, si? Then all I can say is that we're gearing up for multiple sizeable joint assaults that will leave the enemy unable to respond with effective force. It's ambitious, yes, but the Republica de Malta has always been such. Our goals are large, and our support far more than sizeable enough to take this on."

Our crews also approached Ms. Iltzmann, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs. We asked how much support she expects the Republic will have on this topic, which backed those of Mr. Santiago.

"I don't see why not. We have friends in Crayter, friends in the Commonwealth, and I don't believe we'll be too far from friends in the east either. Diplomacy is the one undeniable advantage we have over our enemies, and I've worked hard to make sure that it stays that way. All that remains is convincing them to lend enough aid the take the homeworld and evict these debasers."

There certainly seems to be an air of certainty within the Republic today about the possibility of pulling something like this off. Many have noted that the nationalists continue to have the advantage of positioning, but others have argued that the instability of the homeworld will ultimately work to our advantage. Time will tell, though the estimates are promising.

In the meantime, we will continue to watch and report as these events unfold. This has been the Maltese New Service.

OPEN FOR COMMENTS