Discovery Gaming Community
To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon (/showthread.php?tid=172076)

To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon - Reeves - 07-20-2019

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"USI's trusted few">
Reg: ""<Protectionism by Particles>""

Hello there.

I wasn't aware Universal Shipping was also involved in this apparent Bretonian shipping order. But you'll be glad to know that my boys and I happened by and found some less than savory people waiting for you down the lanes. Apparently a squadron of Chrysanthemums were poised to ambush your convoy, but after dispatching the greater threat of a mutually hostile gunship we put the Golden Girls out of action.

Code:
[20.07.2019 15:09:40] Death: GC-Hirose:Akahana was put out of action by XA-Cobra (Gun).
[20.07.2019 15:08:15] Death: GC-Yunoki.Misaki was put out of action by GC-Hirose:Akahana (Wasp/Hornet).
[20.07.2019 15:07:38] Death: GC-Nakai.Yume: suffered a self-administered loadout error (Mine).

We'll do you the favor of turning a blind-eye to the fact that you're abetting a foreign entity purely because of the fact that you're one of the few corporations that looks out for Liberty and doesn't just chase after the credits. All said and done, it'd be nice if this good turn received another. Providing the Alliance with additional support now that we've begun to grow and at long last gain traction would go a long way.

I apologize for not being able to chat with you if any of the potential recipients happened to be overseeing operations on one of the many transport vessels, but it wouldn't have been very subtle for us to have sat down and shared a coffee for the entirety of Kusari to see.

""I trust your business was smooth?""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]

RE: To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon - SlappyTheRoach - 07-22-2019

[Image: 3C3xnYA.png]

Recipient: XA-Cobra

Greetings,
Dear XA-Cobra,

We are not abetting a foreign entity purely out of our good heart, but our work provides extra income to our company and our employees. Would you have preferred if Kusarian workers handled that order? I think not.

Of course I want to thank you wholeheartedly for your invaluable assistance against the GC terrorists. We would like to offer a monetary reward to your relief force, you can disperse the money as you see fit.

You should also be informed that our transports have been assaulted by the IMG as well. Despite decades of being a compromising, peaceful and diplomatic entity their new radicalized leadership has refused all our requests to respect our neutrality in their conflict with Bretonia. From what we hear the Guild has retreated deep into the Omegas and they are heavily influenced by their new allies, the Red Hessian and Coalition communists.

Signed,

John Ashford
Vice Chief of Staff
Universal Shipping Inc.
[Image: 96id1fF.png]

RE: To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon - Reeves - 07-22-2019

Mister Ashford.

That's a fair point, and it's not as if you're draining Liberty of its own resources by shipping domestic product. If anything, you're bringing Home extra credits purely by moving someone else's things around. Technicalities such as this are largely besides the point, what ultimately matters is that we're on the same side and so long as neither of us forget that there's not much cause for actual concern.

As for your offer of compensation, feel free to send equal amounts to the following neural-net accounts:
>Silence
>'Resurrection'
>XA-Cobra

As for your information about the IMG, I can't say there's much we can do about it. Neither they nor the Hessians operate anywhere near Liberty nor do they frequent its borders. The Coalition is an exception in the sense that they occasionally try their luck with the Junkers in order to establish some semblance of a foot-hold. If we see any Communists then we'll handle them the same as always, I'm quite fond of putting holes in their flying tweezers.

Oh, and just for future reference, I'm Squadron Commander Damian Morreti. Feel free to reuse this channel for business purposes in the future. I'll keep the frequency high in my priority list.

""I'll be in touch""

RE: To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon - SlappyTheRoach - 07-23-2019

[Image: 3C3xnYA.png]

Recipient: Squadron leader Morreti

Greetings,
Squadron leader Morreti,

Thank you for your response. We want to hear your opinion on the IMG's actions. There is a possibility they might escalate the situation after our countermeasures kick in. Perhaps under pressure from their Gallic overlords. So Universal wants to know if our men and women who are flying daily on every remote part of Liberty could rely on your discreet support should it come down to this.

After coordinating with the Internal Affairs department, we have released the following anonymous payments:
  • Silence - 0 credits
  • 'Resurrection' - 10,000,000 credits
  • XA-Cobra - 10,000,000 credits

The first is an independent Xeno who has viciously attacked, threatened and pirated USI employees in the past. While we are thankful for his assistance, his past actions cannot be simply washed away. If you are interested Universal can provide the relevant blackbox recordings. We have refrained from contacting the Alliance about this because we generally avoid holding organizations accountable for actions of independent pilots.

It was a pleasure to meet you,

Signed,

John Ashford
Vice Chief of Staff
Universal Shipping Inc.
[Image: 96id1fF.png]

RE: To: [*USI*]'s Upper Echelon - Reeves - 07-25-2019

Mister Ashford.

Again, I sincerely doubt the IMG is going to try and make themselves a nuisance to you in Liberty of all places. Were they to do so, it would be an exceptionally messy situation. But I'm confused, who is the Guild bending the knee to? Is it the Gallic Crown or those cockroaches from the deeper Omegas? You've contradicted yourself.

Personally, I'm glad they told Bretonia to take a hike. But assaulting patriots is a step too far. You should know by now that the Xenos never take kindly to people encroaching on our turf. The IMG is no exception to this. In the event that your concerns become a reality, we'll make that fact abundantly clear to them.

You're also correct in assuming that there's not really much I can do to a pilot like Silence who simply falls outside of our command structure. He doesn't rely on us and likewise we give him none of the Alliance's associated benefits, I'd also rather not pressure the station heads into locking him out this early into our return to prominence. It would create friction where there needn't be any, instead I'll try talking to them personally.

""Was there anything else?""