Discovery Gaming Community
>>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities (/showthread.php?tid=172084)

Pages: 1 2

>>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - SnakeLancerHaven - 07-20-2019

Can we use these more? More commodities that have that feature? It'd be nice if we had like Commodities that sell for a realy good price at a certain location but because it's highly perishable you have to be realy fast in delivering it so you can make the propper profit (so AFK Trading wouldn't be realy profitable here).

Right now we have Luxury Food and Alien Organisms, what else? Would be a nice to give a buff or add new commodities (or add to existing ones) that perish alot faster than what we have. I don't actually know if we can tweak the speed of how fast it perishes?

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Sombs - 07-20-2019

Keep in mind you can reset the perishing status of a commodity by docking somewhere, selling one of it, then rebuy it. That way you can effectively prevent any item loss, so this could be exploited.

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - SnakeLancerHaven - 07-20-2019

(07-20-2019, 10:00 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Keep in mind you can reset the perishing status of a commodity by docking somewhere, selling one of it, then rebuy it. That way you can effectively prevent any item loss, so this could be exploited.

Dang I didn't know that... Hmm. Good point maybe that could be looked into somehow and fixed?

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Kalhmera - 07-20-2019

(07-20-2019, 10:00 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Keep in mind you can reset the perishing status of a commodity by docking somewhere, selling one of it, then rebuy it. That way you can effectively prevent any item loss, so this could be exploited.

Now that everyone knows it can, thanks! I didn't even know.

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Sombs - 07-20-2019

It's a thing since vanilla. Generally the idea of perishable commodities had a bigger impact back then as the best trading ship, the Dromedary, had only 275 units cargo. If one or two units of the cargo died away, it had a bigger impact than in Discovery, where the loss of one of 5000 units means pretty much nothing.

The only way to give it more of an impact would be if the issue could get fixed and perishable commodities either decay super-fast or take up more cargo than usual, to make the impact more notable. It's however just another nice-to-have thing that takes a lot of effort and change for little impact.

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Durandal - 07-21-2019

We're currently considering something like this for freighter only cargo, with one large cargo unit which is perishable, idea courtesy of @Jayce. It's mostly a matter of time to getting around to implement it.

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Laz - 07-21-2019

Fun fact, there is a really easy solution to this issue via chook.

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Durandal - 07-21-2019

Could we have it, please?

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Laz - 07-21-2019

While I could very easily provide you the source code for this, I said I wont do anything more for Disco. Try asking one of your FLHook developers.

RE: >>HIGHLY PERISHABLE<< Commodities - Chuba - 07-21-2019

wow when did you grow character