Discovery Gaming Community
Critique About the System Name Change - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Critique About the System Name Change (/showthread.php?tid=172116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Critique About the System Name Change - Lythrilux - 07-22-2019

So in the latest patch several once Bretonian systems have changed officially to Gallic variants. There's nothing wrong about this per se, but I think there is an issue here in terms of consistency. I don't think Sirian cartographers would change their maps to reflect Gallic system names, especially considering the majority of them have hostile to frosty relations with Gallia.

I've always seen the naming and classification of systems as a universally agreed thing at least by the major powers in Sirius. I can't see them agreeing to this though, inrp. Just my two cents at least.

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - Liberty.In - 07-22-2019

*When you`re little Gallia and wanna get some systems but evil players don't want to give them to you*

But seriously, I agree. Devs can simply specify that players from Gallia can call the systems specified in the patches as indicated in the patch, lol.

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - SnakThree - 07-22-2019

(07-22-2019, 11:12 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: So in the latest patch several once Bretonian systems have changed officially to Gallic variants. There's nothing wrong about this per se, but I think there is an issue here in terms of consistency. I don't think Sirian cartographers would change their maps to reflect Gallic system names, especially considering the majority of them have hostile to frosty relations with Gallia.

I've always seen the naming and classification of systems as a universally agreed thing at least by the major powers in Sirius. I can't see them agreeing to this though, inrp. Just my two cents at least.

Also makes a whole lot of infocards no longer accurate. Also horrible for past RP that has mention of those systems.

Huge mess that does nothing good for mod.

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - Thunderer - 07-22-2019

Chill, Lyth. They've just made a whole new system named after your Thresher.

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - Lythrilux - 07-22-2019

(07-22-2019, 11:34 AM)Thunderer Wrote: Chill, Lyth. They've just made a whole new system named after your Thresher.

It had to happen eventually

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - Megaera - 07-22-2019

What does the Bordeaux Guard say about this?

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - TheSauron - 07-22-2019

Just no. Revert this change.

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - Maltz - 07-22-2019

Anoter systems, GRN actually can't protect.

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - Vendetta - 07-22-2019

Wasn't there a thing about renaming vanilla things and it not being good?

RE: Critique About the System Name Change - pillow - 07-22-2019

(07-22-2019, 02:49 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Wasn't there a thing about renaming vanilla things and it not being good?

bring back california minor right this instant