Discovery Gaming Community
Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=172221)

Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - =Hellfire= - 07-27-2019

I was wondering what happened to @FallenKnight and his work on cockpits and bridges and would happily pick up what he did and add some more fluff to the interior view of ships that have generic or basic "cockpits".

A while back I did a few cockpits for fighters and started doing bridges.

Since I feel more and more comfortable with 3d modelling, I think putting it to use for Disco can't be a bad idea.

This thread is merely to gather some input from the community to see if it's worth the effort.

For reference: Here a little preview of what I did for the Nyx and the Hydra:

[Image: 8sLgN5T.jpg]
[Image: tTdYwDO.jpg]

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - Langolier 2.0 - 07-27-2019

Those look great! I don't know how many people actually use the cockpit view, and it's basically useless for any kind of PvP, but when I'm tooling around running trade routes, I use the cockpit view quite often. For, you know, immersion purposes. And of course it's practically mandatory for mining. There are some decent cockpits and there are some horrible ones (looking at you Raven's Talon). Any plans for the Serenity and/or the Pirate Train? And I usually mine in the Hegemon, it could definitely use a facelift.

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - =Hellfire= - 07-27-2019

Well, about the "plans" I thought about giving their respective cockpit to all ships. It would take a ton of time but if the community is in favor, I would do it, even rewriting the inis to link to the said files.

But ofc, I would only do it if the community wants it.

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - Vovasishe - 07-27-2019

My God, it looks really-really cool! Keep it up, sir, i like your work ^^

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - Couden - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 04:11 PM)James.HELLFIRE.Rascal Wrote: Well, about the "plans" I thought about giving their respective cockpit to all ships. It would take a ton of time but if the community is in favor, I would do it, even rewriting the inis to link to the said files.

do it

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - Langolier 2.0 - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 04:31 PM)Couden Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:11 PM)James.HELLFIRE.Rascal Wrote: Well, about the "plans" I thought about giving their respective cockpit to all ships. It would take a ton of time but if the community is in favor, I would do it, even rewriting the inis to link to the said files.

do it

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - =Hellfire= - 07-28-2019

So, I got a few requests via PM.
Just as a reminder, for the next requests:
A custom cockpit/bridge will likely replace a file that is used by multiple ships, so it can happen, as an example, that a Hydra GB shares the same bridge as a Crayter Dreadnaught.
A Raven's talon will share the same cockpit as the Waran and so on.

So it's important that, those who want this kind of thing, spread the word so we can get this to be approved by devs to get implemented officially.

RE: Cockpits/bridges thread 2.0 - =Hellfire= - 08-01-2019

Bumping this to get a few more opinions.