Discovery Gaming Community
To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation (/showthread.php?tid=172300)

To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Shell - 07-29-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Operative.Yoko.Kayabuki.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 142e.png][Image: 2.png]

It is my pleasure to be sending you this transmission. As I do not wish to take up much of your time, I shall be as swift to the point as possible.

There has been an announced conference to be held for discussing various matters involving the Orange Alliance. While your Cartel does not host a signatory we would like to extend an invitation to participate with the discussions. It shall be an interesting event, one that should not be passed up in our carefully structured industry. I look forward to your response if you wish to accept.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Mr.Cardaminum - 07-30-2019

[Image: M5peQHP.png]
Incoming Message

[Image: R9Twrlx.gif]

Sender:
Recipient:
Subject:
Leonardo de Silva
Operative Yoko Kayabuki of Lane Hackers
Invitation

Señorita Kayabuki

Buenos dias. Soy Leonardo de Silva, charge d'affairs of Su nobleza Don Hernan of "Cuatroce". We welcome your invitation and shall dispatch our envoy once the time and venue are solidified. I hope, by that time I will be free from my ongoing diplomatic mission and able to participate personally. I should note, however, that current stance of the Cartel regarding Orange Treaty is rather sceptical and unless Don changes his mind, "Cuatroce" is unlikely to join the Treaty. However, we come with the final decision following the aforementioned meeting having faced and though over the pros and cons.

Respetuosamente,
Leonardo de Silva

End of Message

RE: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Shell - 07-31-2019

...uploading.data...

Señor Leonardo de Silva.

I am pleased to hear that you are willing to send an envoy to the conference. I must state once more that it would be of great benefit for you to be there as the stakes in our type of world comes from who you know, who works with who, and who has ties with what.

I do find it odd that the Cartel is skeptical of the Alliance. It's not as if being a signatory or not changes the fact that all are to abide by the treaty. Even recently, we had to deal with a Maltese Warship violating the treaty. Of course it was required to be removed when it didn't follow orders. With this said, if that vessel flew under a flag of the Orange Alliance and followed proper protocol, it wouldn't have to come to that. You must understand that putting yourself with the Alliance can only strengthen your Cartel and give more liberties of what you can do without stepping on toes, as it were.

I do hope your Don changes their mind, be it soon or around the time of the conference. Details as for the date and time will be wired to your inbox and databases when the details are finalized.

RE: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Mr.Cardaminum - 08-01-2019

Incoming Message

Sender:
Recipient:
Subject:
Leonardo de Silva
Invitation

Señorita Kayabuki

Buenos dias again.

Usually, the courtesy not to reply to non-RSVP message would be observed. However, there is a grave point I need to raise. We respect the Professorship and its expertise in information technologies field. It appears, however, that this expertise does not extend to international and interstellar law.
Quote:"It's not as if being a signatory or not changes the fact that all are to abide by the treaty"
If I remember correctly from the spirit and word of international law, a party not a signatory to the treaty is by no means bound by the provisions of the treaty. The Treaty has exact point to support this, namely Section 6 point 1. How to deal with non-signatories is up to your leadership, of course, but indicating that we have to abide by the treaty we have not signed is a manifestation of ignorance as well of disrespect. Moreover, the example of a Maltese Navy ship that has no connection to our Cartel is not the one supporting your claim in accordance to Orange Treaty Section 6 point 2. We have no interest in sending our warships to Liberty, risking the lives of the crew far away from home. I do hope, that your message was a mere oversight rather than a serious statement.

The main reason for our scepticism, if you are interested in our position, is the Treaty not being beneficial enough to Malta and to "Cuatroce" in particular. Should the provisions be revised to being more favourable to our side, we might reconsider. As of now, the Board of Directors is more inclined to maintain bilateral relations with the Orange Alliance members which are considered more flexible.

Our plans to attend the conference remain unchanged. My personal advice as of a diplomat - you will probably be receiving representatives of many factions with differing and at times conflicting interests. Diplomatic etiquette and observation of the spirit of international law is highly advised for the most fruitful outcome of the meeting.

Respetuosamente,
Leonardo de Silva

End of Message

RE: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Shell - 08-05-2019

...uploading.data...

Señor Leonardo de Silva.

Whatever courtesies you feel you need must come from your culture. With that said, your "grave point" is noted.

I am unsure what "international law" you seem to be quoting, as the last multi-house agreements were demolished decades ago. As to the referenced Maltese vessel, it was just a simple way to inform you of what may be happening involving the Alliance. If you do not care, that is of no concern to us. If you do, well you have the information now.

As for your adorable recommendation, I am sure a long standing alliance that has dealt with many issues of diplomatic nature will surely be able to make use of your suggestion.

I have taken the liberty to forward your comments to the Professorship, the Rogues, and our Golden Sisters up in Kusari as concerns about the Alliance and the Treaty are something of actual note. If you do not mind, can you list all passages of the treaty you wish to be changed, or what could be added to be more suitable for the "Cuatroce"? A formalized list made now would give time to consider and consult before the actual conference.

RE: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Mr.Cardaminum - 08-10-2019

Incoming Message

Sender:
Recipient:
Subject:
Leonardo de Silva
Invitation

Señorita Kayabuki

Buenos tardas,

Sarcasm in diplomacy does not make you any favour, Señorita Kayabuki, but that is up to you at any rate.

My Don has informed me that that Cartel's position aligns with the one of the Legion Maltesa: the Orange Treaty curtails Maltese power more than it contributes to it. While declared protection of Cardamine-supplying vessels is good on words, the Treaty:
  • restricts Maltese power projection with warships in regions where it might be applicable (Kusari, Liberty)
  • limits piracy opportunities in Liberty and Kusari for smaller Maltese factions that are in view of their size and/or lack of organisation do not have access to Orange Treaty
  • encourages not equal technological exchange

With the current change of formal Maltese government, Don Hernan is now the representing Maltese Senate as well, so this position applies to Maltese Hispania overall. Nevertheless, I re-iterate our readiness to participate in the conference and decide on the spot what is beneficial for the Cartel, and Hispania.

Respetuosamente,
Leonardo de Silva

End of Message

RE: To: Cadiz Cartel || An Invitation - Yoshida - 08-13-2019

...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: YmO1E0E.png]
[Image: gzHCy6c.png]

Mr Leonardo de Silva,

I have been following this transmission with keen interest and I was particularly surprised when your fledgling cartel warned us of your disposition to our Alliance even though we simply sent a mere invitation to participate in this major conference, a unique privilege and honor considering that every ruling body of Malta was part of this Alliance in the past decade.

You are speaking of "international law" and your rights in Liberty because you are not a signatory party. Let me explain plainly: No international law grants you rights to send raiders to plunder Liberty or your warships to freely enter and leave Liberty as they please. These privileges are granted by the Liberty Rogues and Lane Hackers after you affirm your alliance with us. Likewise of course we affirm the supremacy of your laws and restrictions in your own territory.

Mutual respect and recognition is the foundation and cornerstone of a strong alliance and relationship. Unfortunately not only the Cadiz Cartel but many other Maltese organizations have apparently avoided establishing any sort of communication or relationship with your traditional allies in both Kusari and Liberty. Perhaps you and your colleagues expect that this alliance is a given or that we are not worthy of your time. In any case this is going to be brought up during the conference meeting -- of course the Senate's representative can provide us with a different explanation.

Miss Kayabuki will forward you the exact location, time and date of the Orange Alliance conference.