Discovery Gaming Community
»TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga (/showthread.php?tid=172536)

»TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Kauket - 08-07-2019

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbar_rave2.png]

Hello Ezrael.

I'm looking to get dirty, particularly, find some dirt that belongs to the Core. Do you have any information that happens to... involve perhaps Gallia and the Core? Maybe even something with Liberty? I know how you like to sniff around the Omicrons, maybe your hooter found something? I wish I had a powerful hooter like yours, I'd love to know things. Even the bad things. Especially disgusting things. Hell, if you have anything about the Core, I'm willing to pay. You see, I couldn't photocopy everything before I ran off from Durban so you know...

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Sombs - 08-07-2019

[Image: XNOnMEW.png]
[Image: hextasy_by_monkeymagico_d50c51x_by_rhulaner-dawxgb4.png]

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] receiving transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] identifying encryption
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] applying available decryption keys
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] processing transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] format: text
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] checking transmission for hazardous content
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] status: trusted
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] tracing neural net ID
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] trusted neural net ID recognized
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] loading neural net avatar
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] playing transmission

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Hi!

I've been spending most of my time in the Independent Worlds since Gallia was pushed out of Cortez, so if you are talking about anything specific, I wouldn't know about it. The last time I've stumbled over the Core was, uh, a week ago, when one of my drones recorded a battle in Omicron Minor. Vagrants, K'Hara and Wild against Core, Zoners and Coalition. The Core was present there with a Tresher or Bullhead, hard to tell with all the nebula in Minor. It wasn't really interesting, though. The Nomads won and my drone managed to get out there just in time.

I wouldn't know anything about Liberty, to be honest. I've watched them operating in Cortez and New London against Gallia, but that's nothing you wouldn't know already.

Same with the Core. The last thing, especially related to Gallia, was that the Core openly assisted Bretonia and Crayter in fight for Aland Shipyard in Omega-3. When Bretonia won and took over the station, the Core deployed two smaller capitals to secure the area around Aland. I'm pretty sure that's nothing new to you either, but I like the political aspect about it. They didn't fight Gallia directly, to the best of my knowledge, and I haven't seen any Core assets at the front against the Gallic Death March, but by assisting Bretonia in such an important thing like annexing a shipyard - something that possibly changed the fate of the war - they pretty much openly took a stance against Gallia, even if it was just to assist against the Hessians and the IMG.

About Gallia itself I can't say much. When they lost their footing in Cortez, it marked one of their first and biggest losses in this war, as the direct route between Liberty and Bretonia and Crayter is open again. No idea what the situation in the Taus is, but even alone with the two aforementioned changes for Bretonia and Liberty, Gallia might be more likely to turn the siege into a full scale attack on New London. It looked like they wanted to win this war by attrition, with all the effort being put into the blocking of the Independent Worlds and the destruction of Bretonia's most valuable installations outside of Leeds. With other words, if I was you, I'd try and keep my eyes on New London. Not only to keep up with the news at the front, but also because of huge amounts of scrap waiting to get salvaged.

By the way, interested in a Kusarian Gunboat?

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] attachments: 0

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Kauket - 08-07-2019

...TRANSLATING DATA...

Nothing dodgy? No 'workers' being misplaced and headed off to Rho? No sightings of the Core lingering around with anyone? No incidents of any of the Houses, aside from Rheinland, being out of place such as the Omicrons? Hmmm... Too bad that Marechal is gone. I'm more interested in the Gallic, primarily any linkage to the Core, backdoor relations with organisations, but I suppose you'll have nothing on that too.

Also, a Kusari Gunboat? What? Please elaborate.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Sombs - 08-07-2019

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

I mean, I can keep my eyes and ears open for you. In fact, I didn't hear anything about the Core in a while. Has been a while since the last leadership change. Suspicious times, eh?

More than one and a half year ago, we found a stranded Kusarian Gunboat in the depths of the Omicrons. Systems are damaged, database deleted, the crew was found dead. Suffocation. We guess they were exploring the Omicrons and got lost. No signs of a fight. The ship has been towed to Livadia, where we cleaned it and repaired the chassis. I thought about using the ship myself, but I already have a nice gunboat and the Kusarians probably don't want to see other people using their military chassis for themselves. So I could either sell it to someone who doesn't care about them or give it back to the Kusarians and tell them where I found the ship, which is something I don't really want. Like, I don't know what the ship was doing out there all alone, and if it was involved in some top secret stuff, I wouldn't want them to think I know more about it than I actually do.

And here you are, having bought the other gunboat I found in New London, and seemingly no bad feelings about using a sort-of illegal ship chassis for yourself. Your diplomacy with the houses must be colorful. Anyway, I'd be willing to sell the ship to you as it is. You'd need to give it some love but if you managed to do that with the Claymore, you'll be able to do it with this one as well. 30.000.000 Credits and it's yours, including delivery to Inverness.

Interested?

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Kauket - 08-07-2019

...TRANSLATING DATA...

I'm looking for any old dirt too, age won't matter. I sincerely doubt you would have any juice from Nodtviet's era of his reign, but oh well... As for that Gunboat. I dunno, that seems a bit weird, but I suppose I could take it off your hands. I know a collector who wants to fill his library with aviation & aerospace tech on our world. Seems like the perfect present for him.

Where do you want your fat stack of cash?

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Sombs - 08-08-2019

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

To my main account, The.Apahanta. Once the money is there, I'll tow the gunboat to your Citadel.

Raven, what is this sudden interest about? Did something specific happen? I really don't have much, well, dirt for you. In fact, you're probably the one person that knows exactly, if not even more, how fucked up the interna of the Core is. I sort of was okay with what they do in Rho. The reason I left was more about them using me to fight enemies we neither needed as enemies nor were harming the Core. I'd probably be still there if the focus was entirely on the fight against Nomads and not about exploiting them. As a former boss of the Core, wouldn't you know more about who the Core deals with? I mean, someone buys all that APM stuff, right?

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Kauket - 08-08-2019

...TRANSLATING DATA...

Oh. I know what has been going on in the past and perhaps even the present. I just do not have anything other than my own word to verify such. The Core have been exchanging technology and alien materials with the Liberty Navy in the past, but lately they're exchanging an entire Mako, I just want to know what they're getting out of it. Additionally, we've seen context of Velvet being awfully close to them, and rather impatient about the speed of their transfer process.

There's something going on, I want to figure it out, and I fear the Gallic war front is nearing a point of expiration, Gallia is at New London already. I don't have a lot of time before guns start to think about turning on us. Oh, and here's your money.

[Image: unknown.png]

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Sombs - 08-08-2019

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

I wish jumping around wasn't that expensive. Anyway, have fun with it. I hope it lasts for a while.

Also, uh, they exchanged a Mako? Okay, that's a big thing. I'll look whether I find out more about that. That's pretty interesting. First they allied with Bretonia regarding Aland, now they give capital tech to Liberty. I always thought they tried to be good with every house, but if Gallia finds out about Core giving a Mako to Liberty, they'll probably consider them as enemies or at least not as trading partners, if they ever did.

Crazy times, Raven, crazy times.

Also, how are Velvet involved there? I had only few encounters with them, mostly at Freeport 11.

RE: »TO: Ezrael Vertiga - Kauket - 08-08-2019

...TRANSLATING DATA...

I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably nothing, or perhaps the Guildkeeper has a soft spot for a certain Velvet member. They were idling together, chatting, growing highly impatient with the Navy. One of our drones spotted them, but for now it remains speculation, for all we know, that impatience is perhaps linked to their affection rather than cooperation.

However, we have seen Velvet utilize Order technology and the Core - interestingly - have not reacted. The Core have always been skeptical about the Zoners working under the table with the Order, infact, hatred has been held against them, this has stemmed longer than the Freeport 11 incidents, particularly with Corsairs using the Freeport as a raiding station. I'm surprised they didn't use this as fuel to start another fire.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream