Discovery Gaming Community
How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How disco turned into a purely RPing server (/showthread.php?tid=172581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How disco turned into a purely RPing server - -Rax- - 08-09-2019

So,

As a pvping related thread I'd like to discuss the topics we lack of nowadays in Disco and we consistently had happening some years ago.

Pvp or RP?
This is a topic that existed for long. Are you a RP'ing person or a Pvper? Are you logging to find enemies and make trouble or are you flying relaxed with a coffee and want to exchange words in the skin of your imaginated character?
We've been pushing for long the term of "being balanced" in both of them as a RPing server. The RP part glue'ing the fact that encounters can happen "sporadically" and without a planification. Well that's long time gone. The lack of population in the server pushes people to log for planned raids or events. Finding an enemy, or even finding someone inRP is something rare to happen already. The RPing part, which is going on on the 80% of the level in Forums is quite the same but with less encounters, so the cercle is closing itself : lack of interest -> lack of people -> lack of encounters -> and again lack of interest.

Nowadays all we have inRP is people concerned of logging alone and unsecure of encountering potential enemies. The fear of logging because of the insecurity of your pvping skills leads you to stay parked at forumlancing till you get burned of that too. You can't find someone fighting, because noone wants that anyway. This is the true meaning of the RP era, a completely new thing. 90% of the pvping dedicated people left and now if you're flying and looking for a fight people is afraid of that.
We've mostly created the "fear" of a frenetic encounter with a potential enemy which basically lead to avoiding encounters/docking/hating the factions involved in the pvping aspect.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Durandal - 08-09-2019

There's a real easy solution to this and that's that the aces stop flocking together so much and branch out and fly with some of these more RP oriented people. That's why I was with the BAF during the '31 event when nearly the entirety of the aces on the server were stacked against us.

People who enjoy FL's PvP are quick to accuse more casual players of avoiding encounters, yet aces very rarely end up on the ends of each other's guns.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - LaWey - 08-09-2019

So. Stop fear and log your ships.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Megaera - 08-09-2019

Just dont be afraid of dying. You dont get good in pvp overnight, but each battle improves your survivability in next battles.

At least that is how I learn to pvp. I still lose alot of battles, but at least I learned how to dodge pretty well.
Next thing that needs work is my aim ^^

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Moka - 08-09-2019

Join LR-, you'll learn to enjoy dying.

#Novasuicide

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Sombs - 08-09-2019

I stopped caring about PvP not because of fear for people but because of all the drama that arises from PvP. Ouh, this group ganked me, we never gank, we are shiny knights. Ouh, this player hugged a station, we need to gank him. Ouh, this player uses an LF, lets gank him. Ouh, if we bring three snubs to your two snubs and your cruiser, you're not allowed to use the cruiser or we give bad feedback. Ouh, let me try to bait this guy into a sanction. Ouh, gank the crap out of this effer. Ouh, this guy has this and that loadout. let's gank them for not having basics. This guy shieldruns, let's gank. Bla bla bla, let's gank. Let's gank.

People are pretending they don't gank if certain conditions are met, but those conditions are changing on the fly. Battleship PvP was pretty fun and I had a very good kill/death ratio thanks to Thunderer and thanks to flying mostly on nameless indie battleships. It was fun when conditions were fair. At some point, they never were fair again and at some point the drama from each little encounter was just unbearable. So I stopped bothering about PvP just like I stopped caring about player factions or people's opinions on what they think other people are allowed to do.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - =Hellfire= - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 12:43 AM)Megaera Wrote: Just dont be afraid of dying. You dont get good in pvp overnight, but each battle improves your survivability in next battles.

At least that is how I learn to pvp. I still lose alot of battles, but at least I learned how to dodge pretty well.
Next thing that needs work is my aim ^^

^ This

Somehow people are afraid to lose their space pixels altho you only lose a small portion of you pixelcash when rebuying the lost ammo and regens.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Chuba - 08-09-2019

people are too mediocre to even enjoy the pvp aspect fully. Rax our chat is literally the last bastion of pvp people lul. people complain about pvp too much but none of them want to improve and if they do want to improve they'll drop it after a few hours because they don't feel a difference.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - LaWey - 08-09-2019

Last bastions of pvp people who only complain and never log on actual fights.

RE: How disco turned into a purely RPing server - Chuba - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 12:58 AM)Anton Okunev Wrote: Last bastions of pvp people who only complain and never log on actual fights.

except i can't remember the last time any one of the people in that chat has complained about a fight other than us being shot by a million caps while we are on snubs :think: