Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer: Aftermath - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer: Aftermath (/showthread.php?tid=172704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Miaou - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 07:13 AM)Its Raisu Wrote: Just gonna present this without comment.

But this is a comment! Haha, gotcha atheists!

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Reeves - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 07:13 AM)Its Raisu Wrote: Just gonna present this without comment.

(08-13-2019, 09:10 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: You could have brought your ideas to an already established community and made this one better with your ideas.

(08-13-2019, 09:10 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: You quit the dev team and left now your back making your own mod?

1) This is not a community, it's a cult where the people with the most connections win and where balance passes are influenced by threats of people quitting.

2) Why shouldn't they quit and do what they want? None of them are beholden to you, even the current team has expressed their willingness to steal an entire server and actively break the law just to get what they want. Which by the way was just one man actualizing his power fantasy. At least this team has been entirely honest and upfront with no snark or curt attitude whatsoever.

Additionally, the comments above are mere reassurances of why Discovery isn't a ship worth staying on. Sometimes it's more effective to fabricate an entirely new hull and scuttle the old one, rather than trying to commit to tiresome repairs of something decadent and broken. Nobody is being poached, they have been entirely upfront with this community even though they don't have to be and all we as a supposed community have to show for it is spite and jealousy.

Do us all a favour and keep behaviour like that with you here on this server, don't carry it over.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Kalhmera - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 08:47 AM)Reeves Wrote: don't carry it over.

Dont plan on carrying it over because I wont be going. See ya.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Laz - 08-14-2019

Nice.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Cursetantine - 08-14-2019

GOOD LUCK

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - pillow - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 08:56 AM)Kalhmera Wrote:

This is the type of attitude that makes Discovery so unappealing in the first place. So, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for not polluting another community with your presence.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Kalhmera - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 09:05 AM)Pillow Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:56 AM)Kalhmera Wrote:

This is the type of attitude that makes Discovery so unappealing in the first place. So, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for not polluting another community with your presence.

your welcome

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Alley - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 08:56 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: Dont plan on carrying it over because I wont be going. See ya.

I do not see why there is a need to have a rivalry between Discovery and Aftermath to begin with. If there is any, it will be because people want such a thing to be and I fully expect that kind of thought to be coming from people solely playing Discovery, rather than those willing to play both or solely play Aftermath.

If anything you should rejoice there is a new Freelancer mod in development for the sake of seeing this game still get love and get to try new things.

If your problem is with Laz and others doing their own thing, I'm just going to ask you if you have truly thought about it? For instance, Laz worked his ass off for months on features and faced nothing but a brick wall, condescending talks and overall complete disrespect from the dev team. What exactly was expected to happen?

Let them do their thing in peace, if you do not want to play their mod, then don't, it's not like you have a gun to your head.

++

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - TheShooter36 - 08-14-2019

Kalh, stop it. You are only giving people more reasons to get pissed and switch right now.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - sindroms - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 08:47 AM)Reeves Wrote: [...]
Additionally, the comments above are mere reassurances of why Discovery isn't a ship worth staying on. Sometimes it's more effective to fabricate an entirely new hull and scuttle the old one, rather than trying to commit to tiresome repairs of something decadent and broken.

Funnily enough, Disco is a textbook example of the Ship of Theseus paradox made in community form.