Discovery Gaming Community
DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) (/showthread.php?tid=172713)

Pages: 1 2

DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - Skyelius - 08-13-2019

Greetings DiscoGC Staffmembers,

I am concerned about the availability of people once they become so-called "staff".

Although I GUESS that some members MAY BE available a good portion of the time, many folks who become staff change their attitude towards fellow members, as the power that courses through them creates rifts and urges them (and the people they hurt) to burn bridges. Isn't a staff position a responsibility? Why do people seem less active in the community when they become staff? Why so many staffmembers become lurkers, ignoring their once called friends, not bringing themselves to letting others know when they've read their messages, even?

1) I propose that DiscoGC Staff members create a (loose) schedule (as a minimum, a relaxed one, not an enforced schedule). People don't bug co-workers with work stuff on their off-hours out of respect. Nobody knows when to bug you or not if you do not let them know your availability.
2) I feel that an activity requirement may be necessary, otherwise, individuals may vainly hold on to a position for the sake of having it.

PS: If you can't provide the public service that you signed up for, please step aside and allow others to do the needful. Become a part of the solution, or avoid becoming a part of the problem. If you can't do either of those, you are harming a community that is struggling to survive.

Who agrees? What do you think? Who accepts the challenge? Who doesn't really care? (Questions to reflect on)

Sincerely,
Sky

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - SnakThree - 08-13-2019

I would rather know that staff is working on requests than keep chatting with community. You can ping some of staff members in Discord and so far they seem really reachable. So I am not sure what your problem is.

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - Reddy - 08-13-2019

I haven't noticed any major changes in behaviour when ppl get staff positions.
Take @Black Smoke for example. He was gae before being dev, he's gae now.

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - Skyelius - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 06:07 AM)SnakThree Wrote: I would rather know that staff is working on requests than keep chatting with community. You can ping some of staff members in Discord and so far they seem really reachable. So I am not sure what your problem is.

It's not my problem, and it's not greater in the present. It was greater in the past, actually.

It is only more critical now, with few people.

(08-13-2019, 06:08 AM)Reddy Wrote: I haven't noticed any major changes in behaviour when ppl get staff positions.
Take @Black Smoke for example. He was gae before being dev, he's gae now.

Nice, noticing only cool stuff keeps your mind cool.

Personally, I can't always be cool-mooded at everything. I don't know if it's always positive to only point out the positives. Would the world be a better place if there were no criticism at all? Debatable, right? (not the thread topic, though...)

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - Y'berg - 08-13-2019

Hmm... Staff should implement a butthurt report for these cases. Really, just ping someone on discord, you can't be that incompetent/lazy. Posts like yours just waste everyone's time

(08-13-2019, 06:32 AM)Y'berg Wrote: Posts like yours just waste everyone's time

(08-13-2019, 06:32 AM)Y'berg Wrote: Posts like yours just waste everyone's time

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - DoogiePorter - 08-13-2019

I am very new to this server.The staff seems to be around and fair.And they have real life to do.I thank them for for what they do.

(08-13-2019, 06:33 AM)DoogiePorter Wrote: I am very new to this server.The staff seems to be around and fair.And they have real life to do.I thank them for for what they do.

Really? Cool. Everyone has real life. I thank everyone for what they do too.

I don't see how a petition for organization and an activity commitment is harmful.

But hey, if you want to accumulate points with whomever, be my guest.

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - Y'berg - 08-13-2019

Good to see that i've got confirmation that @Skyelius is an individual of "dashing" intelligence.

RE: DiscoGC "Staff" Availability (?) - SnakThree - 08-13-2019

How ironic that your opinions must be accepted and correct while our opinions is not correct and you call it bootlicking.