Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance (/showthread.php?tid=172728)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Durandal - 08-17-2019

All I can really say, is a huge kudos to everyone who made this possible. I want to say more, but I don't really have the words right now. Just, wow. What an absolutely cathartic event. Things are finally coming to a close.

Thank you so much for logging everyone. I think today was ample proof that Discovery is anything but dead.

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Corpus13 - 08-17-2019

I don't see that much kudosing from Gallic side and it's actually quite easy to explain. Overwhelming numbers in opposite team, difference in ship classes (6-8 bretonian SHFs isn't that fun) and some serious technical problems. Quickly I found out, that I can do little to nothing in my fighter and I actually wanted to change to bomber, but Dax or this logistic ship simply didn't have ship dealers, so I was forced to stay in my VHF. The large amount of regens lying around made it impossible to duel anyone as well. Also, those sweet 15 FPS, but I guess it's the problem of my laptop.

Kudos to gallic side for staying in and fighting until the end and kudos to people, who tried to balance things and changed sides. I'm still glad, that at least the opposite team had their fun and I'm also glad a lot of people logged in, but it could be made better.

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Kanzler Niemann - 08-17-2019

Worst event euw. Literally made to be a victory for Bretonia.

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Kopesh - 08-17-2019

We killed the server a couple of times...

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Lythrilux - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 10:17 PM)Corpus13 Wrote: I don't see that much kudosing from Gallic side and it's actually quite easy to explain. Overwhelming numbers in opposite team, difference in ship classes (6-8 bretonian SHFs isn't that fun) and some serious technical problems. Quickly I found out, that I can do little to nothing in my fighter and I actually wanted to change to bomber, but Dax or this logistic ship simply didn't have ship dealers, so I was forced to stay in my VHF. The large amount of regens lying around made it impossible to duel anyone as well. Also, those sweet 15 FPS, but I guess it's the problem of my laptop.

Deja vu...

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Dragonmaster - 08-17-2019

Kudos to everyone...and a big thanks to Dev's and Stuff..
I had a lot off fun!
Thank you!

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Dank Vader - 08-17-2019

Pretty nice event, but the destroyers should have much more health than they did.

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Markam - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 10:17 PM)Corpus13 Wrote: I don't see that much kudosing from Gallic side and it's actually quite easy to explain. Overwhelming numbers in opposite team, difference in ship classes (6-8 bretonian SHFs isn't that fun) and some serious technical problems. Quickly I found out, that I can do little to nothing in my fighter and I actually wanted to change to bomber, but Dax or this logistic ship simply didn't have ship dealers, so I was forced to stay in my VHF. The large amount of regens lying around made it impossible to duel anyone as well. Also, those sweet 15 FPS, but I guess it's the problem of my laptop.

Kudos to gallic side for staying in and fighting until the end and kudos to people, who tried to balance things and changed sides. I'm still glad, that at least the opposite team had their fun and I'm also glad a lot of people logged in, but it could be made better.

Were we in the same fight? The destroyer part was roughly the same numbers, maybe more allied.

The snub fight was overwhelmingly Gallia favored, most of the allied side left after the destroyers, what were left we brutally mobbed by the Gallic side, with no effort to balance the numbers.

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Corpus13 - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 10:39 PM)Markam Wrote:

Were we in the same fight? The destroyer part was roughly the same numbers, maybe more allied.

The snub fight was overwhelmingly Gallia favored, most of the allied side left after the destroyers, what were left we brutally mobbed by the Gallic side, with no effort to balance the numbers.

Oh, there was a snub fight? But honestly I've had enough after my attempts to kill at least one of constantly picking regens SHF, so I didn't care enough to rejoin after another crash, that happened after the last destroyer was destroyed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: [Official Event] Pyres of Remembrance - Yber - 08-17-2019

bretonia players were encouraged to use ships that were easy pickings for gallia players. bretonia was supposed to kill static bases while gallia was supposed to kill them before they could.

this is bad because it's a pvpve event where one side gets assblasted by the other yet win because they actually fullfilled their objective while ignoring the other team. this makes bretonia frustrated because they "lost" to gallia and makes gallia players frustrated because they also "lost" to bretonia, meaning everyone lost and everyone hates everyone (the outcome of the event is fixed (as far as i understand) and thus there's no winning or losing for either side no matter what) , even though bretonia got by far the worst of it in terms of gameplay.

next time i suggest you set the event in 2 clear and continuous stages. players fight pve, fullfil the objective (or not) and then continue to the pvp part. a similar approach was hugely succesful in the XTF birthday events set up a few years ago because players who died in the first fight went to a different system to continue fighting until another round began from scratch. caps were included and were the center of the first battle with most of the players on snubs trying to support their capital ships, while the rest of the fights had snubs exclusively and in decreasing numbers each time because people were tired and/or ran out of time to play, meaning that despite of the participation of ~15 XTF players and ~40 non XTF players, the event wasn't a clusterfuck of lag except at the beginning and we didn't crash the server, because there were fights taking places across 2 systems at once, sometimes 3, and both sides interacted with eachother in a couple of different ways.

despite this seemingly "negative" feedback the event has obviously been a success, seeing as the server was full, something I haven't seen except in rare occassions such as this type of event, but if you wish to have these continue to be succesful i suggest you implement some changes as suggested above.